U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,614,442 times

Advertisements

In China it is soccer and basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:17 PM

6,776 posts, read 5,131,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
In Japan and Taiwan,it's baseball.
Actually I should've elaborated a bit more.
For watching the games,Taiwanese and Japanese both love baseball.
For exercising themselves,Idk about Japanese,but most Taiwanese don't do sports,so we are fat.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:01 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,614,442 times
Quote:
Actually I should've elaborated a bit more.
For watching the games,Taiwanese and Japanese both love baseball.
For exercising themselves,Idk about Japanese,but most Taiwanese don't do sports,so we are fat.
I noticed that too. The Taiwanese students I knew usually did not go to the gym to play any kind of "ball". I asked one guy to play tennis with me (i was a beginner too) and he said no interest.
Many male students from mainland play basketball and so on.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:35 PM

6,776 posts, read 5,131,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I noticed that too. The Taiwanese students I knew usually did not go to the gym to play any kind of "ball". I asked one guy to play tennis with me (i was a beginner too) and he said no interest.
Many male students from mainland play basketball and so on.
There are many students in Taiwan that play basketball,but there are always MORE students that don't do sports,like AT ALL,lol.
It's really accurate observation.I don't do sports myself,I guess we are just lazy lmfao.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:52 AM

9 posts, read 11,305 times
In Japan, many sports are popular in addition to baseball. Karate and Judo are local inventions. European influence is soccer, american influence is baseball and basketball. Swimming and Athletics are also popular. Both Japan and Korea win a lot of medals in Olympics among Asian countries.

Soccer is popular in the Middle East and standard is no less than Japan's and Korea's. Iran and Saudi Arabia have participated in FIFA World Cup too. Qatar will host FIFA World Cup 8 years later.

Table Tennis and Badminton are popular in many Asian countries, both sports not popular in the Americas.
Quote:
In Japan and Taiwan,it's baseball.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:08 PM

318 posts, read 408,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
^hmm i somehow do think about that when i lived there before, the British obviously leaves cricket field everywhere they went but it doesnt seem to be such a big sport when they control the country. People brag about football and badminton, but never critcket. But it doesnt have to be famous in all of its former colony of course.
Yeah, I mean it's popular in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Kenya to an extent, Jamaica, Barbados, and of course Australia and New Zealand of the settler colonies.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:15 AM

155 posts, read 138,263 times
I saw that there is a Brazilian volleyball player playing in a South Korean team called Suwon KEPCO Vixtorm, with that being said does anonye know how much popular is Volleyball in Japan, South Korea and China?

Old 09-23-2014, 10:39 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,826,131 times
F1 racing is popular in the Middle East countries as well. Soccer is popular in Thailand. Especially in the south/larger cities among the youth, it's arguably more popular than Muy Thai. In the northern/rural areas, Muy Thai still dominates, but both sports or popular everywhere. Sepak takraw or kick volleyball is popular there as well, as quiet as it's kept, golfing.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:26 AM

12 posts, read 8,624 times
Well cricket, soccer, football are popular sports.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:43 AM

3 posts, read 2,826 times
In Korea, the local baseball league actually does quit well. They have 9 teams and many of the games in Seoul are sell outs. All playoff games will sell out for sure. Soccer is more popular on a national level but in terms of professional leagues, baseball takes the cake here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or