U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2014, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Jersey
2,303 posts, read 3,411,423 times
Reputation: 2040

Advertisements

Can't be any any worse than Tamlish. It's like hearing someone scratching a chalkboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 PM
 
22 posts, read 26,914 times
Reputation: 17
Singlish is a beautiful accent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 09:47 PM
 
110 posts, read 107,170 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem123 View Post
Singlish is a beautiful accent
...so as other english accents of other countries...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 PM
 
Location: NE Asia 東北亞
9 posts, read 10,743 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Well get the hell out of Singapore Kent.. We don't need people who don't like it here to be here.
Love it. This attitude falls right in line with the 149th Freedom of Press ranking (ranking behind Russia) where if you say something that the government doesn't like, "you get bad time." Probably for your own sake, Kent, you should get out before you are thrown in jail for chewing gum, or forgetting to flush the toilet, or using WIFI or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2014, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
1,031 posts, read 906,762 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuy888 View Post
Love it. This attitude falls right in line with the 149th Freedom of Press ranking (ranking behind Russia) where if you say something that the government doesn't like, "you get bad time." Probably for your own sake, Kent, you should get out before you are thrown in jail for chewing gum, or forgetting to flush the toilet, or using WIFI or something like that.
That's the best argument singaporelady can throw lol!

Namecalling instead of discussing the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2014, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Pilipinas
282 posts, read 607,969 times
Reputation: 40
Hi everyone!

In my opinion Sg must improve its accent, (don't take that as negative)... it is understandable because English is not the mother tongue of Sg, same with Koreans in the Ph (who's difficult to understand when they pronounce).

Take it as Sg being one of the competitive nations in Asia in english proficiency, you've done way ahead as compared to other develop nations such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc in that aspect, therefore enhancing the communication pronunciation is plus factor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 AM
 
318 posts, read 410,488 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Hi everyone!

In my opinion Sg must improve its accent, (don't take that as negative)... it is understandable because English is not the mother tongue of Sg, same with Koreans in the Ph (who's difficult to understand when they pronounce).

Take it as Sg being one of the competitive nations in Asia in english proficiency, you've done way ahead as compared to other develop nations such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc in that aspect, therefore enhancing the communication pronunciation is plus factor.

English is and has been the mother tongue of many Singaporeans for ages, unlike the Philippines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2014, 07:24 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,328,316 times
Reputation: 7587
Singaporean English and HK English are equally annoying to the ear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 PM
 
318 posts, read 410,488 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Singaporean English and HK English are equally annoying to the ear.
They can be at times, yeah..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2014, 12:30 AM
 
1 posts, read 545 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Pounder View Post
How many accents are romantic, really? I hardly think our Aussie accent sounds romantic, or imagine say a Scottish accent. It is cute though, and very funny, great for comedy haha...
I personally find Ausie and British accents are the cutest. No offense but Scottish is one of the hardest one to grasp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top