Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 06:47 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,383,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
I apologize to the OP and the thread if I'm slowly getting off topic.
I promise I'll try to stay on topic if I post again... but I'd like to address the statements made by Gentoo and insinuated by others.

Gentoo (as in, Gen X or Gen Next?)... this also addresses your statement about the Negritos and genetics:

(I hope you've also encountered Dr. Ben and Dr. John Henrik Clarke? It's sad that these scholars are labeled, "Black Historians" because we all need to have a truer version of the world. The present white-washing appears to be driving far too many people of all ethnic backgrounds stark raving crazy.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8knYy25ufE

My core message is that the true blessing in life is to be you. Regardless of what color of hair you have or what flag waves over your nation. The power of life is to first embrace and love yourself totally... and with that power, we're able to experience the planet in all it's glory and have those rich relationships and experiences we crave for... stories to tell our grandchildren as they sit listening.

Sorry if I'm coming off presumptuous to some people. (Others like the messages.)
Jesus Christ! ok I will make one attempt at this and if you don't get it, enjoy yourself:
Quote:
Genetically, Negritos are the most distant human population from Africans at most loci studied thus far (except for MC1R, which codes for dark skin).

They have also been shown to have separated early from other Asians, suggesting that they are either surviving descendants of settlers from an early migration out of Africa, commonly referred to as the Proto-Australoids or Negroids, or that they are descendants of one of the founder populations of modern humans.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negrito

As for Gentoo:

Gentoo Penguins, Gentoo Penguin Pictures, Gentoo Penguin Facts -- National Geographic

While I am a Gen-Xer, the name has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 PM

774 posts, read 1,857,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Jesus Christ! ok I will make one attempt at this and if you don't get it, enjoy yourself:
Negrito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for Gentoo:
Gentoo Penguins, Gentoo Penguin Pictures, Gentoo Penguin Facts -- National Geographic

While I am a Gen-Xer, the name has nothing to do with it.
Gentoo ... do you realize... if employed as a journalist or a technical or professional writer, and you attempted to use Wikipedia as source information, they'd laugh you out of the building?

Quote:
Quote:
Genetically, Negritos are the most distant human population from Africans at most loci studied thus far (except for MC1R, which codes for dark skin).

They have also been shown to have separated early from other Asians, suggesting that they are either surviving descendants of settlers from an early migration out of Africa, commonly referred to as the Proto-Australoids or Negroids, or that they are descendants of one of the founder populations of modern humans.[2] Negrito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forgive me for incorrectly making an assumption on about the "name" you use in this forum.

Now. That quote. I've read it, looked at the source information, and it I'm sorry, but it's not solid enough for me to trust it.

First, there is a VERY small genetic difference in one human being from another. As you stated, we're all the same species. (That's what I meant when I said we're "not elephants, tigers, or bears." I didn't say that YOU said that.)

Being online and only posting brief responses leaves room for huge misunderstandings. If I'm not understanding you, then feel free to drop it. BUT ... I've already stated that the much of the world is currently suffering from ... (what should I call it)... acute Brainwashing. Crazy making indeed.

The lead source quote from the wikipedia article you posted is:

Quote:
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
The Encyclopedia Britanica??
Cambridge University??

Really? This is your trusted source on genetics and ethnicity?

The gobble-de-goop wording then goes on to say:
Quote:
They have also been shown to have separated early from other Asians, suggesting that they are either surviving descendants of settlers from an early migration out of Africa, commonly referred to as the Proto-Australoids or Negroids, or that they are descendants of one of the founder populations of modern humans.
" ...suggesting that they are either surviving descendants of settlers from an early migration out of Africa.."
(the exact point I stated earlier)

"...or that they are descendants of one of the founder populations of modern humans."
(my point exactly.)

If you watched the documentary posted above, you'd see that the genetic markers were traced back to THE "founding population of modern humans."

I don't understand why you and others are having such difficulty accepting the obvious?
Perhaps you're not and I'm lumping you in with the poor guy who has gone on to say that Negritos may be descendants of Jews. THAT issue -- the ethnicity of the original "Jews"--- is a can of worms he is utterly not prepared to accept.

It feels like the force of the arguments are focused on Filipinos being as "un-black" as possible.
Likewise, the inference is that Asians, Mexicans, and other Latinos are as genetically far removed from blacks as can be possibly considered. ((LOL))

omg ... am I reading you guys right?
((LMAO))
So, that would conclude that Africans are closer to the people of Denmark than to Filipinos, Mexicans, Jews (omg), or other Latinos?

Old 07-24-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
Gentoo ... do you realize... if employed as a journalist or a technical or professional writer, and you attempted to use Wikipedia as source information, they'd laugh you out of the building?

Forgive me for incorrectly making an assumption on about the "name" you use in this forum.

Now. That quote. I've read it, looked at the source information, and it I'm sorry, but it's not solid enough for me to trust it.

First, there is a VERY small genetic difference in one human being from another. As you stated, we're all the same species. (That's what I meant when I said we're "not elephants, tigers, or bears." I didn't say that YOU said that.)

Being online and only posting brief responses leaves room for huge misunderstandings. If I'm not understanding you, then feel free to drop it. BUT ... I've already stated that the much of the world is currently suffering from ... (what should I call it)... acute Brainwashing. Crazy making indeed.

The lead source quote from the wikipedia article you posted is:

The Encyclopedia Britanica??
Cambridge University??

Really? This is your trusted source on genetics and ethnicity?

The gobble-de-goop wording then goes on to say:

" ...suggesting that they are either surviving descendants of settlers from an early migration out of Africa.."
(the exact point I stated earlier)

"...or that they are descendants of one of the founder populations of modern humans."
(my point exactly.)

If you watched the documentary posted above, you'd see that the genetic markers were traced back to THE "founding population of modern humans."

I don't understand why you and others are having such difficulty accepting the obvious?
Perhaps you're not and I'm lumping you in with the poor guy who has gone on to say that Negritos may be descendants of Jews. THAT issue -- the ethnicity of the original "Jews"--- is a can of worms he is utterly not prepared to accept.

It feels like the force of the arguments are focused on Filipinos being as "un-black" as possible.
Likewise, the inference is that Asians, Mexicans, and other Latinos are as genetically far removed from blacks as can be possibly considered. ((LOL))

omg ... am I reading you guys right?
((LMAO))
So, that would conclude that Africans are closer to the people of Denmark than to Filipinos, Mexicans, Jews (omg), or other Latinos?
Your responses make no sense. I'm not a journalist nor technical writer (like that matters here). I could just as easily laugh at you for your so called source but why?

Yeah I was right, you and I are done talking. Your inability to understand science is not an argument against it. I've no patience for types like you so respond to me again if you wish but we're done here.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM

546 posts, read 569,799 times
Lol this was about Murica now people are discussing the Out-of-Africa model of migration lulz.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
As a Black American, my ancestors were unwilling in the travel.
Lol I love African-Americans. They may be unwilling victims in the slave-trade but they shaped america to become what it is today. Arguably asides from the Native Americans the next in the scale for native-ness in the USA proper would be African-Americans since African Americans totally forgot about their country of origin; whether it be Sierra Leone‎, Senegal or Nigeria they don't remember where they were are all and for all intents and purposes, their identity is truly forged in America, whereas Whites can still remember whether they are British, Italian or Irish and etc.

But in the case of African Americans, they have an identity based solely in America and to a continent rather than to a nationality (As European-American have)

Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Lol I love African-Americans. They may be unwilling victims in the slave-trade but they shaped america to become what it is today. Arguably asides from the Native Americans the next in the scale for native-ness in the USA proper would be African-Americans since African Americans totally forgot about their country of origin; whether it be Sierra Leone‎, Senegal or Nigeria they don't remember where they were are all and for all intents and purposes, their identity is truly forged in America, whereas Whites can still remember whether they are British, Italian or Irish and etc.

But in the case of African Americans, they have an identity based solely in America and to a continent rather than to a nationality (As European-American have)
We're way off topic but I agree with you 1000%! Our ethnic group has never existed anywhere else and many of us can trace our roots in the US back further than many whites.

Anyway, to ties this back in tot he topic, as I said before Filipinos came here at a very early time but Americans didn't have much incentive to immigrate there.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:44 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,306 times
You really wish whites immigrated to the Philippines and created another mestizo nation, don't you?

*rolls eyes*

Old 07-26-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan Shinde View Post
All Filipinos wish for that
Lol no. ^_^

Old 07-26-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
You really wish whites immigrated to the Philippines and created another mestizo nation, don't you?

*rolls eyes*
We were already a mestizo nation before America came, we lost it after America came. (They de-hispanized and de-latinized the country, and therefore cut it off from it's Latin-American and Latin-European sources of immigration) [Furthermore, you guys never bothered to replace the sources of immigration you cut us off from]

That's what my point of contention is from this entire thing.

We were already mestizo, before you came along. That is all.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
We were already a mestizo nation before America came, we lost it after America came. (They de-hispanized and de-latinized the country, and therefore cut it off from it's Latin-American and Latin-European sources of immigration) [Furthermore, you guys never bothered to replace the sources of immigration you cut us off from]

That's what my point of contention is from this entire thing.
So, you believe that the Philippines was fully 'Mestizo' before the U.S. came, and when the U.S. came, they somehow reversed that? In addition you feel resentful that the Philippines is not now half something else - particularly of American people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.