U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 AM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,483 times
Reputation: 95

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
So, you believe that the Philippines was fully 'Mestizo' before the U.S. came, and when the U.S. came, they somehow reversed that? In addition you feel resentful that the Philippines is not now half something else - particularly of American people?
I do not believe that we were a fully mestizo nation then because Spanish censuses say that only 1/3rd of the Philippine population were descended from various kinds of hispanics: from Spaniard to Colombian...

The remaining 2/3rd either being natives or mixes of other kinds that doesn't include being mixed with Hispanics.

So we are not a full mestizo nation because even then only 1/3rd of us where mestizo with various hispanics...

But as for the notion you mentioned, sometimes I feel so, but sometimes no...

Nevertheless, in the greater scheme of things, things like that sounds so petty. The Koreans or Japanese for example, who do not have a single drop of Latin or American blood get more interest from Americans than us. So, all these wars against everyone in our neighborhood, to become a Christian fortress in a sea of Moors or Taoists seems to be futile....



Especially since the nearest back-up is at the end of the globe, at the opposite end of the planet...



And these movements of Latinos and Filipinos going to each other's places was literally a case of:
"I will go to the ends of the earth!"

And this first occurred in the 1500s on the backs of wooden-ships. (The Middle Ages)

And yet, for centuries since then. We defended the Latin-rite and the Latin-culture in a sea of hostiles and the nearest. Back-up...

The Viceroyalty of New Spain in Mexico City...



Is literally at the opposite end of the globe!!!

And for all our efforts to be a fortress of Christianity in a sea of hostiles, the nearest reinforcements being at the opposite side of the planet...

Americans don't even consider us part of the western world!!! And consider these Japanese and Korean people , "western" but not us.




So Americans didn't only fail to replace the Latin-Americans when they Anglofied the Philippines...
Leading to the dilution of the Latin in Filipinos...


They added insult to irresponsibility by considering Japanese part of the Western world, but the Philippines, not.

I'm not expecting the Americans to do their job anymore, because they historically didn't. All I expect is at least RESPECT to what we have done before they came.

And I find it really frustrating that I find that Americans are more interested Japanese (Who were their mortal enemies in World War 2) [anime-freakzors] and Chinese (Who were their mortal enemies in the Cold War) more than their own subjects, the Filipinos.

Who by the way love the Americans more than Americans love themselves...

Filipinos like the US even more than Americans do – Pew Research

Yet even today, the USA invests more in Indonesia or Vietnam more than us.



**** America.

If you give them love and loyalty, they you give ingratitude and hate.

 
Old 07-27-2014, 02:53 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,144,182 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
So Americans didn't only fail to replace the Latin-Americans when they Anglofied the Philippines...
Philippines history books must be really different than American history books. I have never heard there was that kind of agenda to begin with, to fail at.

By the time the 1900s came around, the 'extermination and replace' colonization style was WAY OUT OF FAVOR...hence the reason that there was such anti-Nazi and anti-Japan sentiment during that same century.

It's a bit ridiculous that you wished the U.S. exterminated and killed and 'replaced' your people in the early 1900s...and the fact that they didn't, they failed...and now you are disappointed in the U.S.

This is a clearly a case of 'no matter what the U.S. does (or doesn't do), people will hate it'.
 
Old 07-27-2014, 03:32 AM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,483 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Philippines history books must be really different than American history books. I have never heard there was that kind of agenda to begin with, to fail at.

By the time the 1900s came around, the 'extermination and replace' colonization style was WAY OUT OF FAVOR...hence the reason that there was such anti-Nazi and anti-Japan sentiment during that same century.

It's a bit ridiculous that you wished the U.S. exterminated and killed and 'replaced' your people in the early 1900s...and the fact that they didn't, they failed...and now you are disappointed in the U.S.

This is a clearly a case of 'no matter what the U.S. does (or doesn't do), people will hate it'.
Hell no. Only the Anglo countries then practiced the extermination and replace system. But the Latin ones did not. Just look at the population of Mexico and the USA. Mexico are mostly mestizo who are half Amerindian and half European. Its because Catholic nations Admix with the local populations not replace them whereas the protestant ones... I.E: Australia or the USA practiced large-scale population replacement while Latin ones, just population admixing. There was never a policy of exterminate and replace in Spanish Philippines, more like Admix and Christianize. I didn't wish that america kill and replace Filipinos. Only that they continued the role they userped of mixing with the Filipinos as what happened with our previous relationship with latin-america. Now that we have been de-latinized and de-hispanized as well as anglo-fied, Anglo racism then orphaned us from our historical latin-family and America's refusal to race-mix with us (But now claim to be the most diverse nation on the planet) caused the Spanish and Latino in the Filipino to be diluted after 111 years of neglect, we dont have a connection to them anymore because you guys anglofied us but then didn't admix with us the same way we once did with each other.

Last edited by Selurong; 07-27-2014 at 03:42 AM..
 
Old 07-27-2014, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,144,182 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Only the Anglo countries then practiced the extermination and replace system. But the Latin ones did not.
Where is the Indigenous population in Argentina and Chile?
 
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Reputation: 402
Well during the early century even those Filipinos that migrated in America they don't want them to mix with the anglo people some of them they even deported them not until WWII when Philippines and Hawaii attacked by the Japanese Soldiers. I saw the documentary about the Filipino Americans in the states during the early settlement there so I already expecting that in the Philippines case specially the early days of occupying the country. There was racism back then, Actually those culture of Hispanic in the Philippines is because of intermarriages between the native and Spanish/Latinos & fellow Asian neighbors etc. that embrace the Catholicism and integrated to a what is now a Filipino Culture. That is why Filipino culture is somehow different from other Asian Neighbor countries.
 
Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 PM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,157,510 times
Reputation: 11619
lol, can't believe I stomached 10 pages of bull****. The OP is seriously suffering from Mestizo Guilt Syndrome. There was never any racial harmony or utopia in areas colonized by Spain. Racism is deeply rooted in areas colonized by Spain. Lots of self-hate coming from the OP, but what else can you expect from a mestizo? And, what war front is the Philippines fighting in today regarding your neighbors, OP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Where is the Indigenous population in Argentina and Chile?
In Puerto Rico they're all dead. Thanks, Spain, for your racial utopia and harmony
 
Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 AM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,483 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
lol, can't believe I stomached 10 pages of bull****. The OP is seriously suffering from Mestizo Guilt Syndrome. There was never any racial harmony or utopia in areas colonized by Spain. Racism is deeply rooted in areas colonized by Spain. Lots of self-hate coming from the OP, but what else can you expect from a mestizo? And, what war front is the Philippines fighting in today regarding your neighbors, OP?


In Puerto Rico they're all dead. Thanks, Spain, for your racial utopia and harmony
FYI we have several war fronts BTW just search up in the news how the city of Zamboanga was recently invaded by moros. The MILF is funded by neighboring Malaysia and Libya (they disavow it now but they are still funding that organization) how about the communist insurgency funded by China and the sheer and current land grab China is now perpatuating in grabbing our land in Scarborough shoal. We are still at war with our neighbors until this day.

And stop it with the black legend scare. In the vast amount of countries which are Anglo, the native populations wiped out...

Ex. Australia, america or New Zealand but Hispanic countries which have setller populations mixed with the Natives; Bolivia, Mexico, Peru and the Philippines. Chile and Argentina are just exceptions not norms.
 
Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,483 posts, read 10,460,458 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Why didn't Americans migrate to the Philippines like the Latin-Americans?

I find this so weird that the Americans didn't migrate to the Philippines the same way the British migrated to America.

During the 1790 Census (The first Census done by the USA), of the total population, which was 3,929,214, 74.3% of the population was British-American.

Source: English American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quotation:

[spoiler]....
When you look at the American diaspora, the Philippines is ranked 2nd behind Mexico. So it's not like there hasn't been any significant migration from the United States to the Philippines.

American diaspora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
Old 07-29-2014, 03:20 PM
 
40 posts, read 43,216 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Now, you can't even make a dent with a ratio of 300 Million Americans to 100 Million Filipinos (Most of whom now hold ridiculously diluted European blood)
First, your post is confusing and nearly incoherent....Seeming to lack a point? What exactly is your point anyway, that you wished for white Americans to breed out the Filipino/Malay race...? Secondly, your statement above is wholly incorrect....We have roughly 200 million whites in the US, of whom very few have any notable non-European admixture. While unfortunate how diverse we've become in such a short period, each race has tended to stick together...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top