U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 12:41 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,001,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Why congratulate? Philippines is pushing for RH law which obviously aims to reduce the population growth.

The current level of PH population is already too much for a limited resources. Yes it is an asset by virtue, but the PH government don't know how to make use of this growing asset.

Among those list posted, only Japan and US are developed.
The RH law already past and is implemented. There is free birth control/condoms for all and mandatory sex education starting in the 5th grade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,145,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMont View Post
oh my. well well well...looks like we have a seer here. so absolute in his words; so sure of himself. of course that's your prerogative. we all have favs and there are some things (in this case countries) we really hate which makes us partially biased with our assessment. anyway, i'll leave you to your views, no matter how shallow and linear.

i'd like to point out though that your 'lagging' point is very incorrect. as a trader, i have to follow the economic news a lot. and no, they are not lagging. they may be still behind those two countries you mentioned but they are catching up, not lagging.

TBH, it looks like your assessment is 3-4 years old. it's either you are lagging behind what's happening or you always fail to grasp some really important points in news, surveys, data releases, etc.

i do not mean to offend you. i am an advocate of the 'you are entitled to your views' drama; but I also despise misinformation.
Hope your point is right when it comes to "catching up", Indonesia was the poorest nation after its independence and we managed to grow until today despite all the corruption, and officially suprassed the Philippines this year as the improvement in HDI shows. That's one thing to be appreciated off from this country, development used to be just limited to Jakarta and to an extend Java and Bali only, but that's starting to change. A good thing considering the sentiment of the other islanders because of this issue, i can't blame either of them.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:38 AM

17,398 posts, read 21,234,308 times
With the dropping fertility rates around the world, these old-fashioned countries with the higher fertility rates will come in "handy" some day for a ready supply of labor to be exported.

I was surprised to read that Thailand has become another victim of the low fertility rate, now looking next door to Cambodia for immigrants.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:12 AM

1,953 posts, read 2,069,946 times
Philippine population survey results out next month | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Old 12-15-2015, 01:01 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,077,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
But people ARE resources.
you take the sermons of the priests seriously don't you?

they are resources but they also consume a lot of resources..which the Philippines doesn't have.

our farms maybe more productive than those of Vietnam and Thailand but we don't have a lot of farms..thats why we need to import rice

just consider classrooms..every year the govt has to appropriate additional classrooms because the population keep on growing..now if only the population stop growing, that budget for classrooms could be used to raised the salaries of teachers to raised the standard of education etc etc

Old 12-22-2015, 04:37 AM

916 posts, read 820,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
But people ARE resources.
when they're few
when they're too many become a pollution rather than resources

in Canada, Russia, Australia etc people are resources

in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, China, Japan, Nigeria, Philiipnes etc are polluters

Old 12-26-2015, 01:08 AM

1,953 posts, read 2,069,946 times
Philippine business

Old 12-28-2015, 07:13 PM

28 posts, read 22,981 times
Indonesia, Phillippines, Nigeria, Pakistan and Bangladesh, all with large population, have little global influence only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or