U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Asian people are most friendly to American immigrants?
China 1 1.35%
India 4 5.41%
Indonesia 2 2.70%
Japan 3 4.05%
Philippines 38 51.35%
Vietnam 1 1.35%
Thailand 7 9.46%
South Korea 2 2.70%
Malaysia 0 0%
Nepal 1 1.35%
North Korea 2 2.70%
Taiwan 4 5.41%
Cambodia 0 0%
United Arab Emirates 0 0%
Hong Kong 3 4.05%
Singapore 4 5.41%
Other 2 2.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 02:16 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,114,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Well some may not be gold diggers others not. Depends on how you define gold digger. Is a 20 something Filipina poor and living in the provinces with an old Western guy looking for love or just financial security. If she could choose between a well to do local person or the old white guy who would she choose? Iím guessing the local guy.
only the guy can say if he married a gold digger.

if it is a transactional union, and divorces him once she is in the states, then maybe she is a gold digger

if both of them are doing their part in their marital life, can you say she is a digger?

as ive said, nobody says the first lady is a gold digger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 06:38 PM

4,645 posts, read 1,795,622 times
The colonial US regime killed 10% of the Philippine population (1900). Then the US inflicted more brutality through the puppet Marcos for two decades that many can remember.. But Filipinos only remember that the US saved them from the Japanese, now the most peaceful people on earth.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:30 PM

944 posts, read 352,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Good point. Guess you can't paint everything with a broad brush. We have a large Philippine communty here and the ones I've met are well educated and hard workers. I was referring more to the age gap sometimes gold digger relationships I've seen with some people I've run into. Cheers.
Iíve been watching A Foreigner Living in the Philippines on You Tube. Trying to analyze this couple. Heís American at age 59 and his Filipino wife is 20 years old. Sheís quite pretty and he seems to be ok. Both look happy. I guess youíd need to define gold digger. Almost a 40 year age difference.

Guess as long as they make a good couple itís ok with me.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:10 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,114,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post

thats my point. if they are happy together, who are we to judge?

married life is about complementing each other, whatever the difference, whether in age, wealth, income etc.

as they say in American West: live and let live

Old 07-01-2019, 05:19 PM

4,996 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Iíve been watching A Foreigner Living in the Philippines on You Tube. Trying to analyze this couple. Heís American at age 59 and his Filipino wife is 20 years old. Sheís quite pretty and he seems to be ok. Both look happy. I guess youíd need to define gold digger. Almost a 40 year age difference.

Yep. Iíve seen that channel. They seem to get along. Thereís a bunch of age gap channels on YT. Their lifestyles vary greatly. Some are quite well off living a Western life style and others are out in the boondocks living in Nipa huts using well water and outhouses.

Thereís one called Philly in the Philippines. As the names implies itís about a fifty something guy from Philadelphia. Retired on a disability pension married to a local in Angeles City. They operate a Sari Sari store and seem to be quite content in their lifestyle.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:23 PM

233 posts, read 267,989 times
The Philippines. They are very friendly towards foreigners (especially caucasians)

Old 08-16-2019, 08:07 PM
Status: "Today is a great day to get to know your neighbor" (set 11 days ago)

2,768 posts, read 3,295,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I voted for the Philippines as I know this first hand. They're friendly to Americans regardless of color or racial background.

Other East Asian countries (e.g., China, South Korea, Japan) seem entranced and bedazzled solely by Anglo-Americans; as if being American were defined by a person's whiteness.
Maraming Salamat, Pilipinas!

Yes, I learned a few lessons.

BTW, Palawan is amazing and exceeds all expectations. The island's natural beauty, its people, its Everything will impress every visitor. Want proof? Stay at "Princess of Coron." Meet the owners. Carmencita will be more than happy to drive you into town in her Porsche Boxter . . . the only Porsche on the island.

Go to this beautiful island. Converse with its people. Greet them! Know Them! Be One with them. Share life with them. They will love you. And you will fall in love with them.

: )

Old 08-17-2019, 05:55 AM

7 posts, read 382 times
according to me Phipine is most suppoting country to America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or