U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2007, 11:37 AM

15 posts, read 83,892 times

Advertisements

Hi, does any one have or know where I can find info on Osamiz City Philippines? p.s. not ozamiz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 08:04 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,429,795 times
Tried Google or one of many other internet search engines?

Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,715,838 times
How big is the city?

Old 12-24-2007, 06:01 PM

716 posts, read 1,903,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlargecrb View Post
Hi, does any one have or know where I can find info on Osamiz City Philippines? p.s. not ozamiz.
Your best bet is to signup on this Forum board and ask. Very thorough and covers most if not all about Philippines. GL

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/

Old 12-24-2007, 06:11 PM

I a'm "signed up"on this forum and I have asked.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LEFT
CMDallas[/LEFT];2324869]How big is the city?
really not sure I have zero info on it. my brother is over there and all I can do is [LEFT]verify[/LEFT] the city is there but no info at all.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:32 AM

1,528 posts, read 5,715,838 times
I don't know anything about it, I goggled it and got nothing. It is PROBABLY either in Metro Cebu, Davao, Tacoloban, or Maynila (etc)and is probably small and insignificant.
Do you know which island is it on? Leyte? Cebu? Luzon? Mindanao? ...
I looked it up in Filipino and still got nothing.
Sometimes they're various spellings... maybe... I think the most commonly referred to name is Ozamiz, which is on Mindanao the big southern Island. Its about 100,000 people strong... Just my guess, like the real spelling for Taipei is Taibei, but it is referred to as Taipei. same with Ho chi Minh-Saigon, Lisbon-Lisboa, Manila-Maynila... It is probably translated from Filipino to English and the 'S' got turned into a 'z'. Just how the real spelling of Manila is in Fact Maynila, but in English it is Manila while in Filipino is Maynila. English is the primary language in the Philippines, everyone basically greets each other formally in English, signs are in 95% english, Adds are about 70% english, most people speak English and it is used if a group of people don't all speak Tagalog or Visaya...etc...
So i think that your city is in fact ozamiz, as it is better know. It just that probably the city isn't that well know for people to know the Filipino Spelling? (it might be English but i don't think so)

Mabuhay ang Republika ng Pilipinas! Welcome to the Republic of the Philippines!

Old 01-02-2008, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,645 times
Default osamis city

long time ago it's name osamis city and change it in ozamiz city. i think it the same name. it is located in mindanao in misamis occidental.Misamis occidental is the capital is oroquita city. try to find in philippines map. we have a holiday there 2 days only in 2006 but we scared due of romours that there are a lot of plenty bad people. try to go there and you feel the atmospheric sorounding situation. i love davao... it's a peaceful on that time and nice people there.....april

Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april simple View Post
long time ago it's name osamis city and change it in ozamiz city. i think it the same name. it is located in mindanao in misamis occidental.Misamis occidental is the capital is oroquita city. try to find in philippines map. we have a holiday there 2 days only in 2006 but we scared due of romours that there are a lot of plenty bad people. try to go there and you feel the atmospheric sorounding situation. i love davao... it's a peaceful on that time and nice people there.....april
Thank you vary much for the info. After researching it I've came up with the same. Your right it does seem like a hostile environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia