U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
1,019 posts, read 895,028 times
Reputation: 736

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
There is also the factor that some rich countries are facing a population problem of declining population that will negatively impact their economies. Indonesia and Philippines have the opposite problem. They are already poor and have fast growing populations.
Population is an asset if properly utilized. This is what China did. The industrialization era of China was the major breakthrough in their economy.

Despite being conservative than China, PH and INA economies are growing decently in the past couple of years.

 
Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 AM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
, PH and INA economies are growing decently in the past couple of years.
Kent Moore , agree with you. <3
 
Old 09-17-2014, 03:19 AM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
There is also the factor that some rich countries are facing a population problem of declining population that will negatively impact their economies. Indonesia and Philippines have the opposite problem. They are already poor and have fast growing populations.
Indonesian and the Philipines is a developing country.you forget Indonesia is the largest economy in Southeast Asia, are members of the G-20 forum with China, India, Japan. -3 largest country in Asia after India and has rich natural resources just takes a long time to achieve a more prosperous country but needs a lot of improvement in human resources, infrastructure, capital etc. and today philipines also has a good growth in the economy etc .

just because some people of Indonesia or the Philippines to work abroad as "maids" and highlights that the two country is poor? Oh much "Indonesian" working abroad with a higher stratum and Indonesia is one country that many rich people live there.

I think in many countries there a poor simply we fooled by buildings a tall / luxury but a reality of daily life of the people there probably battered.
 
Old 09-17-2014, 03:33 AM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Should the Philippines (or Indonesia or Malaysia) invite 50 or 100 million permanent immigrants from Europe/USA/Aus?

I routinely see that throughout the world, everyone insists that of Japan and Europe, that for them to be even wealthier and more amazing, that they are absolutely required to open up their doors and borders and invite in 50 to 100 million or so non-Europeans and non-Japanese.

Yet, as much as much of the world really insists on this. How come we never hear a poor Asian country coming up with this 'idea' to make themselves 'wealthy'? Usually the argument is that only people from an even poorer country would come. Well, what if they did? What if that happened and people paid the immigrants even lower wages than locals, wouldn't the wealthy elite of that poor country really prosper than, just like those wealthy elites do in the wealthy countries? Wouldn't that be great for their economy? (I think we'd all say that was disastrous, but that is what most people insist that Japan/Europe MUST do, invite all these non-locals as cheaper labor, and watch their own people become jobless and suffer).

What if poor country X instead invited 50 or 100 million Americans or Europeans instead? They'd readily come for the poorly paid labor they could hire and give jobs too. They'd create companies and wealth for the politicians and elites already there. Instead of immigrants having to move across the world to X country, why not bring those same employer types to the country of origin instead? They could transform the Philippines or Indonesia or wherever else? I'd think the same argument would be, but that than Indonesia wouldn't be Indonesia anymore! But, isn't that a hypocritical statement to say that the Philippines or Indonesia or Asia country Y should never invite immigrants over, but Japan and Europe absolutely must, or they are considered racist and closed? Why is it always a one-way street?
I think it does not need a lot of immigrant labor 50/100 million , Indonesian welcomes to the businessmen of USA / Europe / Auss to invest their capital in our country, such as USA opened many companies in Indonesia start from west to east Indonesia is this very good .because Indonesia is a developing country
 
Old 09-18-2014, 03:37 PM
 
Location: In the heights
22,104 posts, read 23,627,108 times
Reputation: 11599
Are you asking whether or not this policy of loosening up immigration from first world countries would be beneficial to the Philippines and Indonesia?

If so, then yea, I think it's possible that it would be a net benefit for the countries if they allowed far easier immigration and naturalization procedures from developed countries. The idea would be that both financial and human capital from developed countries would then more easily move to these places and the general economy might benefit from that. It might make sense to do a much more limited test run to see if it works out though.
 
Old 09-18-2014, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Sandpoint, Idaho
2,897 posts, read 5,276,000 times
Reputation: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Should the Philippines (or Indonesia or Malaysia) invite 50 or 100 million permanent immigrants from Europe/USA/Aus?
A more interesting question.

One of the problems with mass immigration is the inability for social beings such as humans to absorb the changes quickly. Too quick and with people too different from the host and you are asking for a bloodbath regardless of the country.

However, the idea of incentivizing a flow of talent is a good one as long as it is for the right reason and with a good spirit.

S.
 
Old 09-20-2014, 07:25 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,592 posts, read 12,328,149 times
Reputation: 15493
As an American I could see myself living in the Philippines ... which was once administered by the US, majority population is Christian, and English is widely spoken; but I think Indonesia is another situation. Living in a Muslim majority country might be uncomfortable for many of us.
 
Old 09-20-2014, 09:06 PM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
it's just your own opinion, because you have never lived in Indonesia, in western Indonesia is dominated by Islamic and mixed with christian etc which is in east Indonesia the population adheres to a christian religious majority Protestant and Catholic,I just wonder why there are some people who think too narrowly about our country , and at this time also many foreigners living and working in Indonesia is mainly still dominate east asian, australian, singaporean etc a I think Indonesians will never be racist to people any country, you are you and we are us... unless you put malaysia in it...
 
Old 09-21-2014, 01:07 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Reputation: 1798
^ But it's just a fact that the Philippines is much more Christian, much more English-speaking, and much more Western than Indonesia. It's not a good or bad thing, it's just a fact.
 
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 AM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
yeah that's true because the Philippines is more westernized Catholic religion, identity? I also would say too westernized eastern Indonesia because the christian religion and their identity?

you are wrong in big cities in Indonesia there are also some western influence, you may believe you can see this examples of vidio and believe that Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia also has an influence it.


ISMAYALIVE TV: DJAKARTA WAREHOUSE PROJECT 2013 - #DWP13 OFFICIAL AFTERMOVIE - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top