U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 01:01 PM

74 posts, read 57,375 times

Advertisements

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...S-hostage.html

A Syrian Kurdish female combatant, who appeared on a
BBC report in September, shot herself with a last bullet during fighting with militants of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) last week, according to media reports.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 PM

4,520 posts, read 3,100,674 times
damn...

Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 PM

2,646 posts, read 4,068,048 times
Well if you read the article there are conflicting reports. "But other reports suggested Ozalp, also known as Diren –which means “resist” in Turkish, never left the northern Syrian town of Jezaa, which is still under the Kurdish control, according to International Business Times."

So I hope that is the case.

What I don't understand is how the Kurds aren't been helped more to combat these ISIS psychos. All those Turkish troops amassed at the border near Kobane and they don't do anything. They could wipe them out if they wanted but I wonder if this stems from the long history of conflict between Turks and Kurds?

What is everyone waiting for when this ISIS is actually on the Turkish border?

Old 10-07-2014, 10:34 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,206,381 times
Yes, the Kurds are being left hung out to dry. They get limited support and empty promises to encourage them to do all the dirty work - but in the end the West win turn its back on them again.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:08 PM

They get limited support because Turkey wants to continue having the kurds under control.
And for an unknown reason for me, the NATO always helps the muslims... afghanistan, serbia, libya...
And I think Turkey looks quite kindly upon ISIS...

Old 10-08-2014, 05:35 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,603,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Well if you read the article there are conflicting reports. "But other reports suggested Ozalp, also known as Diren –which means “resist” in Turkish, never left the northern Syrian town of Jezaa, which is still under the Kurdish control, according to International Business Times."

So I hope that is the case.

What I don't understand is how the Kurds aren't been helped more to combat these ISIS psychos. All those Turkish troops amassed at the border near Kobane and they don't do anything. They could wipe them out if they wanted but I wonder if this stems from the long history of conflict between Turks and Kurds?

What is everyone waiting for when this ISIS is actually on the Turkish border?
Those troops are there to prevent the Kurds from helping their fellows in Syria as much as to keep ISIS out. Turkey has been waging a decades long conflict against the Kurds and the recent riots prove this conflict is far from over. Erdogan must see a chance here to bleed the Kurds dry, here's hoping it doesn't explode in his face by reigniting another Kurd Insurgency considering how angry the Kurds are at being prevented to help.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:08 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,206,381 times
Turkey always claims to be a European nation - now's the time to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintitas View Post
They get limited support because Turkey wants to continue having the kurds under control.
And for an unknown reason for me, the NATO always helps the muslims... afghanistan, serbia, libya...
And I think Turkey looks quite kindly upon ISIS...

Old 10-09-2014, 07:30 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,603,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Erdogan has only been paying lip service to the EU nowadays, the guys has delusions restarting the Ottoman Empire, joining the EU is pretty low on the list for Turkey nowadays.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post

Turkey is a muslim country. Europe is not a muslim territory (well I know they're slowly invading it, but thatś another subject)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia