U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 AM
 
155 posts, read 138,030 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

How hard is for a foreigner with a bachelor degree from overseas and Master degree from a Japanese University such as Tokyo University, Keio University or Kyoto University to enter in a Trainee program in Japan or in Malasya in other south east asia and East asia countries?


I will have only two years of work experience from internship although I know Portuguese, English, Spanish and I am currently studying German and Japanese so hopefully I will be at a good level in both after finishing my master.

My bachelor degree will be in International relations and I will look for a master degree in subjects related to Public affairs or accounting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2014, 12:28 AM
 
Location: American Expat
2,189 posts, read 4,714,600 times
Reputation: 1875
I have no experience, but the wealthier a country is, the better poorer Asian nations regard its education. A degree from Japan will look good to them. And, if you have a Bachelor's degree from some western University, then that's even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 12:57 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
4,294 posts, read 3,079,512 times
Reputation: 4286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichig View Post
How hard is for a foreigner with a bachelor degree from overseas and Master degree from a Japanese University such as Tokyo University, Keio University or Kyoto University to enter in a Trainee program in Japan or in Malasya in other south east asia and East asia countries?


I will have only two years of work experience from internship although I know Portuguese, English, Spanish and I am currently studying German and Japanese so hopefully I will be at a good level in both after finishing my master.

My bachelor degree will be in International relations and I will look for a master degree in subjects related to Public affairs or accounting
I have done my PhD in Japan Keio university but I did in Japanese. Are you trying for your masters in Japanese or in English. If you do in Japanese you need to pass the Japanese language as mother language that includes 5 tests. I am not sure if they have change the system now, I did it some time ago. But in Japan is wont be that easy life if you go with out knowing what will be your goal. And be prepared to have a good knowledge of Japaneses. They bend in very decent way and greet you with good manners also they will use you like a hell if you don't understand the language, also they are very strict with rules, I am not saying every one same but most of them are. But read and get more information before you go. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 01:01 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
4,294 posts, read 3,079,512 times
Reputation: 4286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
I have no experience, but the wealthier a country is, the better poorer Asian nations regard its education. A degree from Japan will look good to them. And, if you have a Bachelor's degree from some western University, then that's even better.
That is not exactly true. I gained more opportunities, it is not common and also no every one did such a thing, so there are more chances to gain, western university degrees done by most but a western and an Asian ones very less people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 01:13 AM
 
Location: American Expat
2,189 posts, read 4,714,600 times
Reputation: 1875
Default Not gonna pretend I understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
That is not exactly true. I gained more opportunities, it is not common and also no every one did such a thing, so there are more chances to gain, western university degrees done by most but a western and an Asian ones very less people.
Rephrase, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 01:16 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
4,294 posts, read 3,079,512 times
Reputation: 4286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Rephrase, please.
I have answered to glucorious. If you have western as well Asian university education, there are more possibilities to work in international relations. As an example if some one has western education only regarding degrees, there are many more in that sens. But who ever done western university education as well Asian university education got more chances regarding jobs at well recognized organizations that is what I mean as gain chances. The reason there are very few of people who has done that kind. Hope you understand now. If you need more please DM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top