U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-27-2014, 12:53 PM
 
131 posts, read 150,305 times
Reputation: 147

Advertisements

What City in Asia do you think is the most exotic and unusual?

(Definition of exotic: The lifestyle and scene you see from walking around is just completely foreign to you and seems so unusual and different.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2014, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,424 posts, read 12,425,000 times
Reputation: 4857
Jerusalem, Mecca, Sanaa, Kabul, Karachi, Mumbai, Delhi, Calcutta, Dhaka, Pyongyang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 02:43 AM
 
4 posts, read 5,801 times
Reputation: 10
Rural areas in the Philippines.

You still see native people with native practices. That is a good thing though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 03:55 AM
 
59 posts, read 64,136 times
Reputation: 22
Bangkok is the exotic place in Asia. In bangkok you have Thai massage and Sandwich massage etc..That would more exotic and unusual than the other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,424 posts, read 12,425,000 times
Reputation: 4857
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshpulihora View Post
Bangkok is the exotic place in Asia. In bangkok you have Thai massage and Sandwich massage etc..That would more exotic and unusual than the other countries.
Can't really call Bangkok exotic compared to cities in Pakistan/India/Bangladesh for us Westerners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Gatineau, QC, Canada
3,402 posts, read 4,448,583 times
Reputation: 4409
For me, Lhasa and Kashi, China (well, Tibet, for Lhasa) are probably the most mysterious places I can think of in Asia that are sizable cities.

I'm also very drawn to what I hear about Kolkatta and how its the more artsy, laidback side of India.

Dhaka looks like madness. Indian cities have a reputation for being crowded, but after watching videos of Dhaka, it looks like its been taken to a different level there.

Pyongyang shouldn't be an option since its too obvious a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,175,100 times
Reputation: 9483
Vietnam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 12:03 PM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,609,353 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
For me, Lhasa and Kashi, China (well, Tibet, for Lhasa) are probably the most mysterious places I can think of in Asia that are sizable cities.

I'm also very drawn to what I hear about Kolkatta and how its the more artsy, laidback side of India.

Dhaka looks like madness. Indian cities have a reputation for being crowded, but after watching videos of Dhaka, it looks like its been taken to a different level there.

Pyongyang shouldn't be an option since its too obvious a choice.
Pyongyang may have a unique political system, but its architectures, people's clothes and so on are very western (1980-ish).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 01:09 PM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,180,679 times
Reputation: 11619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Pyongyang may have a unique political system, but its architectures, people's clothes and so on are very western (1980-ish).
1980-ish? More like Stalin era. NK is a living museum of Stalinism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2014, 02:28 PM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,609,353 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
1980-ish? More like Stalin era. NK is a living museum of Stalinism
I don't think so.

http://himg2.huanqiu.com/attachment2...0105025648.jpg
http://himg2.huanqiu.com/attachment2...0105025855.jpg

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-29-2014 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top