Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 01:13 PM

10,640 posts, read 16,023,053 times

Advertisements

The Americans should have made a deal and hold on the Islands of Mindoro and most of Luzon (everything West of the Ragay Gulf) and let the rest of the islands form their own nation.

Last edited by Davy-040; 10-21-2016 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 09:46 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
There was a bloody struggle between Filipinos and American soldiers after the Spanish-American War.

Philippine

Digmaang Pilipino

Is this something that Filipinos have strong feelings about to this day? Or was it swept under the rug many years ago?
I never noticed that. Up until Duterte, I always found most Filipinos to be proud of their American connections. I think that political climate is changing now though...

Old 10-25-2016, 10:47 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
Think it was mostly unknown to most Filipinos but Duterte has been bringing it up to generate anti American sentiment. It happened a long time ago but it was a very dark period in our history. Estimates place Filipino casualties at up to million people, most of whom contracted cholera in internment camps. Besides battlefield deaths civilians were also rounded up and executed. The Filipinos fought back and over several years there were about 100,000 Americans either killed or wounded.

This all occurred during the era of white supremacy in the United States. Black Americans were strictly segregated and denied basic rights. Many of the US troops involved were veterans of the campaign against American Indians to push them out of their tribal lands to allow White migration into the West. There are several historians who have written about this war and their books are still available today.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:22 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Think it was mostly unknown to most Filipinos but Duterte has been bringing it up to generate anti American sentiment. It happened a long time ago but it was a very dark period in our history. Estimates place Filipino casualties at up to million people, most of whom contracted cholera in internment camps. Besides battlefield deaths civilians were also rounded up and executed. The Filipinos fought back and over several years there were about 100,000 Americans either killed or wounded.

This all occurred during the era of white supremacy in the United States. Black Americans were strictly segregated and denied basic rights. Many of the US troops involved were veterans of the campaign against American Indians to push them out of their tribal lands to allow White migration into the West. There are several historians who have written about this war and their books are still available today.

It was just a bloody mess and to say that the US is now a friend and ally is simply stupid. The US has never seen or treated the Filipinos as equals in any shape or form. They are just convenient brown people for white manipulation and exploitation. We all know the history and it would be foolish for the Filipino people to think otherwise of the US.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:39 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It was just a bloody mess and to say that the US is now a friend and ally is simply stupid. The US has never seen or treated the Filipinos as equals in any shape or form. They are just convenient brown people for white manipulation and exploitation. We all know the history and it would be foolish for the Filipino people to think otherwise of the US.
This is why I don't get the Filipinos for their super insane level of white worship. Did the US and Spain really destroy their self confidence THAT much? They are the most mentally colonized people on the planet and worship the ground whites walk on. It's gross and humiliating. No other culture in the world practically begs to be colonized. And I'm probably gonna hurt feelings of Filipinos on here, but I'm sorry that's what your country devolved into. Even if Duterte is an extreme head case, at least he's finally slapping some sense into Filipinos.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:20 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is why I don't get the Filipinos for their super insane level of white worship. Did the US and Spain really destroy their self confidence THAT much? They are the most mentally colonized people on the planet and worship the ground whites walk on. It's gross and humiliating. No other culture in the world practically begs to be colonized. And I'm probably gonna hurt feelings of Filipinos on here, but I'm sorry that's what your country devolved into. Even if Duterte is an extreme head case, at least he's finally slapping some sense into Filipinos.
They don't worship white people that's silly, they just think the US is better than China..and it is. Also most of Asia is racist towards other people so it's actually quite refreshing that they were able evolve like a normal country. Explain how the Philippines begs to be colonized??? Most Americans have never even been to Asia, much less the Philippines. It's all Duterte nonsense.

Quote:
What a pile of garbage.....seriously. I'm pretty sure you're talking about China, not the US. First of all the majority of the people in the US don't care about skin color. That's Asia, not the U.S. Explain how the US is exploiting the Philippines? China wants to exploit the entire world, or at least try to. You people listen to an uneducated guy like Duterte too much.

The Philippines will always be treated better by the US than China and everyone knows this. Not to mention there's millions of Filipino-Americans with ties between the two countries so Duterte and his anti-US movement is never going to go anywhere because he's already backtracking anyway. You have like a 1 percent, small fringe movement and that's it.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-26-2016 at 11:32 AM..

Old 10-26-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
They don't worship white people that's silly, they just think the US is better than China..and it is. Also most of Asia is racist towards other people so it's actually quite refreshing that they were able evolve like a normal country. Explain how the Philippines begs to be colonized??? Most Americans have never even been to Asia, much less the Philippines. It's all Duterte nonsense.

What a pile of garbage.....seriously. I'm pretty sure you're talking about China, not the US. First of all the majority of the people in the US don't care about skin color. That's Asia, not the U.S. Explain how the US is exploiting the Philippines? China wants to exploit the entire world, or at least try to. You people listen to an uneducated guy like Duterte too much.

The Philippines will always be treated better by the US than China and everyone knows this. Not to mention there's millions of Filipino-Americans with ties between the two countries so Duterte and his anti-US movement is never going to go anywhere because he's already backtracking anyway. You have like a 1 percent, small fringe movement and that's it.
Philippines does, they have a hapa obsession in there and that's a desire they wish to attain. It's a throwback to the old Spanish colonial days where the whiter you were, the more "pure" you were.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:17 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
Actually you see it quite often among some Asians. The japanese worship the Americans...who nuked their arses twice. The HKers worship the British, who ruled over them like the slavish colonial subjects that they were. I still remember a b/w photos of a big tall white British officer with a white hat beating a bunch of coolies in HK in the 1920s with a rattan cane...nice! So the filipinos are not all that outrageous in their infatuation with the big white you-know-what.

There are many cheap and easy Chinese girls in big Chinese cities like Guangzhou and other places who will go with any scrawny white guy who happens along while teaching english or something useless like that. This is also why many white guys who otherwise would be a zeros would go to China and Japan....for the easy girls.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Actually you see it quite often among some Asians. The japanese worship the Americans...who nuked their arses twice. The HKers worship the British, who ruled over them like the slavish colonial subjects that they were. I still remember a b/w photos of a big tall white British officer with a white hat beating a bunch of coolies in HK in the 1920s with a rattan cane...nice! So the filipinos are not all that outrageous in their infatuation with the big white you-know-what.

There are many cheap and easy Chinese girls in big Chinese cities like Guangzhou and other places who will go with any scrawny white guy who happens along while teaching english or something useless like that. This is also why many white guys who otherwise would be a zeros would go to China and Japan....for the easy girls.
Not so true with Japan. I was there and saw a lot of lonely white guys who would be very undesirable back home and they look miserable. Basically it's your socially awkward nerdy alt-right geeks infesting Asia. They desire Japanese the most, but actually Japanese women desire them among the least (look at visa stats, Japanese women emigrate from Japan in very low numbers compared to their neighbors and the number of Western immigrants are low compared to the neighbors), hence why they run to Korea afterward, then China, then Southeast Asia. Others just go straight for the kill and go to Thailand and the Philippines, the biggest destinations for desperate white men. But to my amazement I saw a lot of white girls in Japan too, and many were dating Japanese. I'd say whites in Japan are more of a zoo animal like curiosity, and not white worship like the Philippines and I guess HK too, and Singapore (forgot about the SPG girls)

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 10-26-2016 at 01:39 PM..

Old 10-26-2016, 01:50 PM

10,640 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Quote:
Japanese women emigrate from Japan in very low numbers compared to their neighbors and the number of Western immigrants are low compared to the neighbors),

hence why they run to Korea afterward, then China, then Southeast Asia. Others just go straight for the kill and go to Thailand and the Philippines, the biggest destinations for desperate white men.
What do you expect, Japan is the richest and most expensive country in Asia.

Not all men that go to Southeast Asia are desperate white men, most are not desperate but just feel more attracted to Asians while others have a sex addiction and not all of them are white. I saw many Japanese and Koreans in the red light districts of Thailand.
Now if we're talking about 30+ year old guys that never had any relationship and go there SEARCHING for a wife, yes that's kinda desperate but that's not the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia