U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 08:22 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,596,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
In America, we coddle the criminal because there are too many damn lawyers who are out to make money and could care less about the people they ultimately screw. Personally, I think anyone who commits a violent crime should get their fair trial and if convicted should be sentenced to death. That way, the American taxpayer isn't forced to pay for this scum's three meals a day and shelter.

This is EXACTLY why I think Americans support the death penalty not out of sympathy for the victim, but because of greed. And I'm sure many of them are fine with wasting our money on defense we don't need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 PM

202 posts, read 504,343 times
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the death penalty if the courts were 100% accurate when convicting the defendant.

Since they can't even come close to that, I'm against it because no wrongfully convicted person should ever have to face the death penalty.

Why conservatives are confident that the government can handle such a task - when they otherwise constantly complain about government incompetence - is beyond my understanding.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 AM

4,454 posts, read 5,744,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GemRocker View Post
I totally agree. US punishment methods are the least cruel to date.

In Iran, let them amputate their Hands and Legs, but under anesthesia. Is that what you are saying???
Well I dont think Iran should be compared to the US, as another method of an death penality is stoning to death for Iran, esp for adultery. In addition they do execute peoples who happen to be homosexual, even people under 18 have been executed in Iran too. In addition there are political dissidents that have given long prison sentences.

Yes the US has problems but at least its an much more free society than IRan.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:09 PM

346 posts, read 387,272 times
If he is guilty and knew beforehand what the punishment for this crime is, then I see no problem with this. If the people in Iran don't like their legal system, they should either have a revolution again or apply for asylum in some country whose laws better suit them. They brought these lunatics to power in 1979., so they only have themselves to blame.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,744,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
If he is guilty and knew beforehand what the punishment for this crime is, then I see no problem with this. If the people in Iran don't like their legal system, they should either have a revolution again or apply for asylum in some country whose laws better suit them. They brought these lunatics to power in 1979., so they only have themselves to blame.
Most Iranians are against the regime today. In addition there has been an huge increase in young people and an considerable percentage of Iranians were born after the revolution.

There has been protests in Iran against the regime but it is put down harshly by the authorities. In addition many Iranians apply for asylum each year and they are one of the highest group of asylum seekers for western countries.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:14 PM

17,403 posts, read 21,244,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmanite View Post
What do you do with people like Kenneth Lay? White-collar corporate crime?
A college education gives one the ability to steal/rob legally. Let's not overlook the most dangerous robbers amongst us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or