Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:53 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,101,526 times

Advertisements

In America, we coddle the criminal because there are too many damn lawyers who are out to make money and could care less about the people they ultimately screw. Personally, I think anyone who commits a violent crime should get their fair trial and if convicted should be sentenced to death. That way, the American taxpayer isn't forced to pay for this scum's three meals a day and shelter.

Seriously, who cares if someone's supposed rights are violated if that particular person committed a heinous crime?? People who waste their time and efforts in defending these lowlives should instead use their time helping the real victims.

Too often it's the victim that gets hurt AGAIN. Bottom line, if anyone is ever caught hurting my family, I want them to pay dearly. I don't want some bleeding heart judge to render his/her opinion on something that doesn't affect them as it does me. They won't have to go home at night and live with the outcome of the crime; I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 03:55 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,101,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfountain View Post
The US death penalty is not cruel punishment. We used to do death by firing squads and electrocution. Now it is chemicals that enter the body. That is the least cruel method to date.

And when you have children like Nixzmary Brown and Baby Grace (who washed ashore in Texas in a box) who were repeatedly tortured, beaten, and abused by the same person for years until that person finally killed them; well by every ethical standard that person deserves his/her death. That is why we have the death penalty in place; because there are those out there who live amongst us who hold no value for life. They kill without remorse; they murder without guilt; they burn with hatred; and what is more unbearable to think about is that even now as i type this there are children/infants who can not defend themselves being beaten and mutilated slowly. All one has to do is read of their account to be sickened of the atrocity.

It is for this reason that we have the death penalty and gladly so. These people are not fit for society and do deserve the death that awaits them in our great country.

I realize this is my opinion; but i will always support the death penalty as long as we have people who take away life so easily and thoughtlessly.
I agree wholeheartedly!!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,856,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmanite View Post
We still kill people for crimes in America...
I do not support capital punishment, however executing someone for murder is at least proportionate to the crime they committed. Losing a hand for petty robbery is disproportionate.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,169,949 times
we dont like punishment do we?

Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,274,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Today 01/11/2007 news in IRAN: Robbers receive amputation of RIGHT HAND and LEFT FOOT as a deterrent to other troublemakers! Is this the 21st century or 14th century? When are people in this world going to realize the PERSIAN EMPIRE is over with and cruelty is to be abolished. Punishment YES, CRUELTY NO. Other thoughts? Steve
I'm not saying I agree, but it is mostly posturing. It is a statement to all criminals 'get caught and you're next'.... It is also culture too, I remember one story this stupid kid from here (the us) thought it would be cool to do graffiti in Singapore. In Singapore, they have strict laws. They were going to beat him with a partially striped bamboo stick 10 times, but then it went down to 5 because of the western out cry.
Its all culture, the kid deserved it IMO, what a brat... come into some foreign country and commits a crime(one that is widely illegal)and expects to get special treatment.
Yes its cruel, but it is none of our business. When they people of Iran are ready to disagree let them fight. I'm tired of trying to be the world police. Everyone complains but no one does anything, see if they like being under the Russian boot or the Chinese glare. Let them do what they want to do, i will bet you those 2 men will never commit a crime they are aware of again.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:05 AM

49 posts, read 249,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
I'm not saying I agree, but it is mostly posturing. It is a statement to all criminals 'get caught and you're next'.... It is also culture too, I remember one story this stupid kid from here (the us) thought it would be cool to do graffiti in Singapore. In Singapore, they have strict laws. They were going to beat him with a partially striped bamboo stick 10 times, but then it went down to 5 because of the western out cry.
Its all culture, the kid deserved it IMO, what a brat... come into some foreign country and commits a crime(one that is widely illegal)and expects to get special treatment.

Yes its cruel, but it is none of our business. When they people of Iran are ready to disagree let them fight. I'm tired of trying to be the world police. Everyone complains but no one does anything, see if they like being under the Russian boot or the Chinese glare. Let them do what they want to do, i will bet you those 2 men will never commit a crime they are aware of again.

OMG I remember hearing about that when I lived in Spain. I totally agree with you on that one he should have gotten 10, stupid kid.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:08 AM

896 posts, read 1,861,605 times
Cruelty in Iran?

I'll be brief. I have a close friend who cannot speak beyond making sort of gutteral sounds. Both of his arms are badly scarred. These injuries came about while he was being tortured. For four days (apart from other forms of torture) an army officer found it amusing to crush out lighting cigars on my friend's arm. On the fourth and final day of his captivity he appealed to a more senior officer for help. That officer had him held down while he (the officer) ground his heel into my friend's throat, resulting in the crushing of his larnyx (sp?). Just as a foonote to this my friend married one of the nurses who attended him after he arrived here in Dubin for medical treatment.

Did this happen in Iran? No. It happened right here in Ireland, in the Northern part. And that story is not an isolated case. His 'crime'? He lived in a Nationalist area and happened to be at home as the homes in that area were being swept for 'terrorists'. I need not mention the nationality of the torturers.

My point is that no one in the so-called civilised West can point an accusatory finger at anyone.

Last edited by northsider; 01-17-2008 at 06:32 AM..

Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfountain View Post
The US death penalty is not cruel punishment. We used to do death by firing squads and electrocution. Now it is chemicals that enter the body. That is the least cruel method to date.
I totally agree. US punishment methods are the least cruel to date.

In Iran, let them amputate their Hands and Legs, but under anesthesia. Is that what you are saying???

Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 PM

170 posts, read 751,941 times
aww the poor robber, if it was just stealing this seems extreme, however if it was a robbery ( violence involved no sympathy form me)

in florida if someone breaks into your house you can shoot them and if there are 2 of them one dies after you shoot him but the other lives his accomplice can be charged with his mureder not the homeowner

Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,582,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Force them to live like the lowest, most exploited worker. Low pay, no benefits at all of any kind, no vacation , poor working environment etc.. Seems quite appropriate.
Yea and if does a crime that actually phycially hurts someone add breaking up large rocks into small one on a road gang with chains on his legs. Now we are getting some where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia