Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:40 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
My wife is a Filipina. The term is used to describe women in their culture. Filipino is used in non-gender references as well as for men. She refers to herself as a filipina, not filipino.
There are different breeds of Filipino's, as I work with many of them in a LTC/Rehab facility. I wasn't familiar with the word llocano until one of my Filipino co-workers pointed out to me one day: she's llocano, he's llocano!

In other words, these Filipino's aren't as attractive as most of the Filipino women I work with, as they have more Chinese blood in them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:24 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There are different breeds of Filipino's, as I work with many of them in a LTC/Rehab facility. I wasn't familiar with the word llocano until one of my Filipino co-workers pointed out to me one day: she's llocano, he's llocano!

In other words, these Filipino's aren't as attractive as most of the Filipino women I work with, as they have more Chinese blood in them!
Huh? So what is more attractive then? More native blood, more white blood, what's the story?

Old 04-07-2015, 01:03 PM

722 posts, read 1,327,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
I would consider these Filipinos no different from prostitutes. If you think about it in these situations, they are.
yes, in these situations they are very similar to prostitutes, notice the type of photos they always use on dating sites? they try to attract foreigners by taking off their clothes and wearing a bikini, almost like they are trying to seduce them into marriage

the only people you ever hear saying good things about the Philippines is from the men that go there just for the women, or from US servicemen

https://www.google.com/search?q=iloc...+site&imgdii=_

Old 04-07-2015, 01:16 PM

722 posts, read 1,327,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
Having lived in Asia for decades. The Asian women from rich Asian countries have told me that white men remind them of pink gorillas.
thats not what I hear from the white men, Ive often heard them claim asian women tell them they prefer caucasian men

they try to put down asian men as inferior, not as masculine and other insulting remarks as to why most asian women want a white guy

they are also insulting the women's family, they have brothers, father, etc

why would as asian marry a man that insults their people like that?

Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
Good point. I notice that in Nicaragua many folks spell certain words using a V instead of a B. In Costa Rica (right next door) they use the B.

That's because Costa Ricans tend to be much more educated than Nicaraguans.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
yes, in these situations they are very similar to prostitutes, notice the type of photos they always use on dating sites? they try to attract foreigners by taking off their clothes and wearing a bikini, almost like they are trying to seduce them into marriage

the only people you ever hear saying good things about the Philippines is from the men that go there just for the women, or from US servicemen

you are just bitter..have someone loved you? or maybe a Filipino spurned you before?

Old 04-07-2015, 03:48 PM

549 posts, read 722,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
That's because Costa Ricans tend to be much more educated than Nicaraguans.
That one I cannot argue my friend. As much as I'd like to, I just can't.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:56 PM

549 posts, read 722,044 times
Quote:
I have to disagree. As a young man I fell in love with the abundance of beautiful women and the outgoing hospitality but soon afterwards, I fell in love with the people. The genuine kindness, generosity and openness towards others is unparalleled in my opinion, even within Asia. We have spent a significant amount of time in the Philippines over the past three decades and I can honestly say that I have become even more impressed by the hospitality (which coincidentally they don't have an exact word for because it's the norm).

Hell, even my mother who grew up a hillbilly in tobacco country has a deep admiration for the culture. She's in her mid 70's and has a rather large number of friends from the PI.

Last time I checked, she wasn't a man nor was she in the service.

:dunno:

*Sadly, they have become what we (Americans) used to be fifty years ago. That is kind, giving, hard working and humble.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:23 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:

lol

Philippines is much more than woman.

World class pristine beaches.

Cheap cost of living.

Friendly people.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:26 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
I have to disagree. As a young man I fell in love with the abundance of beautiful women and the outgoing hospitality but soon afterwards, I fell in love with the people. The genuine kindness, generosity and openness towards others is unparalleled in my opinion, even within Asia. We have spent a significant amount of time in the Philippines over the past three decades and I can honestly say that I have become even more impressed by the hospitality (which coincidentally they don't have an exact word for because it's the norm).

Hell, even my mother who grew up a hillbilly in tobacco country has a deep admiration for the culture. She's in her mid 70's and has a rather large number of friends from the PI.

Last time I checked, she wasn't a man nor was she in the service.

:dunno:

*Sadly, they have become what we (Americans) used to be fifty years ago. That is kind, giving, hard working and humble.
One would be hard pressed to find a better collection of people. As you said, ive traveled a lot and Filipinos are some of the most humble, friendly, open, kind, giving, hard working people ive come across.

I have the up most respect and admiration for Filipinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia