Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 12:28 AM

244 posts, read 362,145 times

Advertisements

LKF is really fun, but I think my friends might be getting bored plus I'd like to check out a new scene (maybe even one where the locals are partying).

Does anyone have any hot spots to go have a good time other than LKF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 01:58 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
How old are you?

What do you mean by party?

What do you like?

Old 08-07-2015, 05:39 AM

244 posts, read 362,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
How old are you?

What do you mean by party?

What do you like?
Bars, lounge, clubs

Old 06-13-2019, 05:31 AM

1,136 posts, read 525,723 times
Most Chinese in HK don't like partying unlike western youths.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:30 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
LAN Kwai fun...tst as well. Pretty much all over hk

Old 06-13-2019, 09:29 AM

1,136 posts, read 525,723 times
Many people in the new territories go to Shenzhen and back at night using the 24 hours huanggang crossing, buses are often full of people.

Nightlife in HK is viewed negatively in HK because of drugs and fighting.

TST and New Territories are quiet with a few bars, there are often gangs fighting in and out of bars at night in TST and the New Territories.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy- View Post
Many people in the new territories go to Shenzhen and back at night using the 24 hours huanggang crossing, buses are often full of people.

TST and New Territories are quiet with a few bars, there are often gangs fighting in and out of bars at night in TST and the New Territories.
Dude, not that's it's necessarily a bad thing. But what's with you bringing all these threads back from the dead? This from 2015. The OP is likely long gone.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:06 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy- View Post
You always have such negative things to say about HK and HK people.

I've always found the nightlife in HK to be fantastic, and it feels like it's all over the city. But LKF is definitely a hot spot. But I see quite a bit on the Kowloon side as well. I can't recall ever seeing any fighting. Drugs? I'm sure that if people are looking for it, they can find it. But if you aren't looking for it, a person isn't going to see it. I don't look for it, and I never see it.

Since this City-Data is an American website....people are going to think HK is like London (fighting) and San Francisco (people offering drugs ever 10 minutes). The reality is the nightlife mostly just consist of normal typical things consistent with any world-class city.

Generally speaking, places like LKF and Central/SheungWan/Wanchai is going to be dominated by a bunch of wealthy yuppie types - Brits, Americans, Chinese, Indian....and they'll appear to have just got out of work with their button-up shirts slightly loosened. Women dressed up in skirts and such.

I'm sure if someone is trying to find coke or something (the banker's drug); they can network and find it. But you definitely won't see signs of street drugs like crack, meth-heads, heroin....no visible evidence like every American downtown is going to be filled with. It's really quite sane, normal, with a very educated money air to it. It would not be uncommon to hear people talking about business.

Fighting....I don't know where you'd see that. Maybe some of the British pubs that are filled with Brits? I think of London or Australia when I think of street fighting at bars/pubs; but I've never seen that in HK though. I'm having a hard-time placing that. I don't see that with the local Chinese, and I only loosely associate the possibility of it in HK with Brits who might be on bar-stools all afternoon, but even then, I haven't seen the fighting part.

Where are you hanging out that whenever you go out in HK you see drugs and fightings, and everyone is going to Shenzhen? I've never heard of anyone bypassing HK nightlife for Shenzhen's nightlife. For American's references, the above is like saying everyone in NYC (New York City) is going to NJ (New Jersey) for nightlife. If that sounds weird, it is because it is. I've never heard anyone in HK say that before.

From your dislike and knowledge of HK, it sounds like you are a Mainlander HKer? One who recently moved to HK from the Mainland, and you just aren't comfortable with the differences between the two yet?

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 06-13-2019 at 06:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia