U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2015, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Manhattan, NYC
900 posts, read 630,973 times
Reputation: 834

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Read what (s)he has written again. It's not my logic.

BTW, would you tell me how European countries apologized to their colonies? I have no idea about that.



Correct answer is 3.

While textbooks, newspapers, books, TV programs and so on tell us those you mentioned, still, some of those were proved/admitted they were fake. And Japanese people and government have apologized many times for what their ancestors did before.

I wonder what is the point if Japan will be forced to apologize forever? And more importantly, there are only China and Korea which require Japan to apologize. Japan did terrible things in other countries as well.

BTW, do you know how a sister of South Korean President talk about Japan? Check it.
Enlighten me, how does she talk about Japan?

Japan is not forced to apologize forever (even though the country should always remember what it did wrong). But it should do a correct apology that inspire those countries, which are rightfully the only ones requesting it because they were not compensated properly as not recognized in the treaty after the war, full stop. Nothing more, nothing less. Every other country in the world would have done the same.

Japan needs to teach to its future generation how wrong they were. If you say that some of those were fake, then which ones? The ones I mention are recognized as not being fake, yet, Japan is able to not recognize them.

The solution is easy. Just clarify once for all what was, according to you, fake, and apologize deeply and sincerely for the rest, compensate the people and their future generations and move on! I have to admit I do not understand what's so difficult about that.

As I said, the apologies were not good enough because those people are still not satisfied but I suppose it's useless to go on this route again, you keep trying to justify the unjustifiable. I hope you're never on the wrong side.

 
Old 08-23-2015, 02:25 AM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,101,492 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
To be honest, I don't care whether you don't dare or don't know. But, I wonder how you criticize the government if you don't know the fact
What are you on about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
And I THINK no other country can compete with the US in terms of number of killing abroad after WWII.
So, what's your point? We're good at it. Good thing, too, otherwise the Imperial Japanese would have continued their blood-lust savagery and brutal inhumane rampage across Asia, killing and torturing Chinese, Koreans, Philippinos, Pacific Islanders, etc... At least the US was noble in victory, far more than can ever be said of the Japanese, and allowed and assisted the Japanese to prosper and live in peace after WWII. That's much more than the Japanese deserved, and certainly more than the Japanese did for any of the people the Japanese crushed in WWII.

I think you should go back and reflect a bit on what you are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Oh, I read yesterday a news which says the US just killed someone who belonged to ISIS. What a great country.
Some people need to be killed. Would you have preferred that the terrorist have been permitted to shoot dozens of innocent train passengers?

Its a good thing the US has tried to maintain the peace since the end of WWII. Sure, we make mistakes sometimes, and sometimes we have to hold our nose and tolerate some truly stinking people (like we did after WWII with Japanese war criminals) for geopolitical reasons. But, we can't all sit back and **** like the Japanese 自衛隊. I wish the US didn't act the world's police. But, I'm very happy it was the US rather than Communist China or the Soviets who kept the peace... it goes without saying that I'm glad we crushed the Imperial Japanese. We already know how they planned to run things!

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 08-23-2015 at 02:33 AM..
 
Old 08-23-2015, 04:17 AM
 
919 posts, read 602,484 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
Enlighten me, how does she talk about Japan?
As you don't believe me what I've written so far, you should check it by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
Japan needs to teach to its future generation how wrong they were. If you say that some of those were fake, then which ones? The ones I mention are recognized as not being fake, yet, Japan is able to not recognize them.
Recognized by you? Who are you by the way?

The US could not find an evidence for so-called comfort women for an example. Can you offer one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
The solution is easy. Just clarify once for all what was, according to you, fake, and apologize deeply and sincerely for the rest, compensate the people and their future generations and move on! I have to admit I do not understand what's so difficult about that.

As I said, the apologies were not good enough because those people are still not satisfied but I suppose it's useless to go on this route again, you keep trying to justify the unjustifiable. I hope you're never on the wrong side.
This is exactly what Yakuza has been doing here in Japan. They never ask you anything but sincerity, which is not satisfied forever, even you get broken
 
Old 08-23-2015, 04:23 AM
 
919 posts, read 602,484 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Some people need to be killed.
This statement is enough for me to understand what kind of person you are.

BTW, Nazis believed some people needed to be killed.
 
Old 08-23-2015, 04:48 AM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,101,492 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
This statement is enough for me to understand what kind of person you are.
Does it, now? Again, would you have preferred that the terrorist have been permitted to shoot dozens of innocent train passengers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
BTW, Nazis believed some people needed to be killed.
The Imperial Japanese believed that many people needed to be killed.

What does that tell you?


The true evil of German Nazism, Italian Fascism, and Imperial Japanese Fascist militarism needed to be killed.
 
Old 08-23-2015, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Manhattan, NYC
900 posts, read 630,973 times
Reputation: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
As you don't believe me what I've written so far, you should check it by yourself.



Recognized by you? Who are you by the way?

The US could not find an evidence for so-called comfort women for an example. Can you offer one?



This is exactly what Yakuza has been doing here in Japan. They never ask you anything but sincerity, which is not satisfied forever, even you get broken
What matters are the facts, not an opinion. But her opinion on this topic seems to simply be: she was sorry that in most news reports South Korea blames Japan for the ongoing toil of the so-called comfort women “without itself taking greater care” of them.

[Newsmaker] Park's sister raises stir over Japan ties

She's not saying Japan did not do it, she's simply saying South Korea could do more. The real point is that Japan did it. Please, try to be serious about this conversation.

When a person commits a rape, you cannot defend him by saying that the woman was "provocative" because she wore a white skirt that was damn too short. At least, no one would dare bring such a stupid point in a court, right?

It's the same here. Focus on the facts, not external noises.
Facts as I can see are listed in Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japane...#Comfort_women

Apparently there are various documents proving this specific point, among others. What else do you need?

I note:
"In 1992, historian Yoshiaki Yoshimi published material based on his research in archives at Japan's National Institute for Defense Studies. Yoshimi claimed that there was a direct link between imperial institutions such as the Kōain and "comfort stations". When Yoshimi's findings were published in the Japanese news media on 12 January 1993, they caused a sensation and forced the government, represented by Chief Cabinet Secretary Kato Koichi, to acknowledge some of the facts that same day. On 17 January Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa presented formal apologies for the suffering of the victims, during a trip in South Korea. On 6 July and 4 August, the Japanese government issued two statements by which it recognised that "Comfort stations were operated in response to the request of the military of the day", "The Japanese military was, directly or indirectly, involved in the establishment and management of the comfort stations and the transfer of comfort women" and that the women were "recruited in many cases against their own will through coaxing and coercion"."

And also:
The controversy was re-ignited on 1 March 2007, when Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe mentioned suggestions that a U.S. House of Representatives committee would call on the Japanese Government to "apologise for and acknowledge" the role of the Japanese Imperial military in wartime sex slavery. Abe denied that it applied to comfort stations. "There is no evidence to prove there was coercion, nothing to support it." Abe's comments provoked negative reactions overseas. For example, a New York Times editorial on March 6 said:

These were not commercial brothels. Force, explicit and implicit, was used in recruiting these women. What went on in them was serial rape, not prostitution. The Japanese Army's involvement is documented in the government's own defense files. A senior Tokyo official more or less apologized for this horrific crime in 1993 ... Yesterday, he grudgingly acknowledged the 1993 quasi apology, but only as part of a pre-emptive declaration that his government would reject the call, now pending in the United States Congress, for an official apology. America isn't the only country interested in seeing Japan belatedly accept full responsibility. Korea, China, and the Philippines are also infuriated by years of Japanese equivocations over the issue.

The same day, veteran soldier Yasuji Kaneko admitted to The Washington Post that the women "cried out, but it didn't matter to us whether the women lived or died. We were the emperor's soldiers. Whether in military brothels or in the villages, we raped without reluctance."


Well you compare to Yakuzas, but you fail to understand the level of impact you've had to those people (do I need to remind you that?). As I said, I hope you or your relatives are never on the wrong side because then, no compensation will ever be enough for you as you will realize it.

Again, just apologize, compensate, do your best to earn the trust back and make sure your children do not think nothing happened and nothing was wrong. Don't become a psychopathic society cause any society which believes that those war crimes are simply "normal" should really double check its rationale.

Last edited by Gasolin; 08-23-2015 at 11:00 AM..
 
Old 08-23-2015, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,101,492 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post

The US could not find an evidence for so-called comfort women for an example. Can you offer one?
Wow. You deny that Japan forced women into prostitution? Really?

Do you also deny the Holocaust?
 
Old 08-23-2015, 09:15 PM
 
919 posts, read 602,484 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
What matters are the facts, not an opinion. But her opinion on this topic seems to simply be: she was sorry that in most news reports South Korea blames Japan for the ongoing toil of the so-called comfort women “without itself taking greater care” of them.

[Newsmaker] Park's sister raises stir over Japan ties

She's not saying Japan did not do it, she's simply saying South Korea could do more. The real point is that Japan did it. Please, try to be serious about this conversation.
Check https://youtu.be/ggQaYD37Jm4.
 
Old 08-23-2015, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,101,492 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
It was bad if the Imperial Japanese believed that many people needed to be killed. Who were they BTW?
Huh? Really?

I'm not here to teach you Japanese history. But, historians estimate conservatively that the total number of victims killed by the sadistic, barbaric Imperial Japanese is 10 million to 14 million.

You can research for yourself to ascertain the identities of those who the sadistic, barbaric Imperial Japanese believed needed to be killed.

 
Old 08-23-2015, 11:58 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 734,780 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Korea was not a country. According to your logic, China and Korea should be different.



Yes. And that explains why Salmonburgher is against Japan, because his wife is Waishengren.

One of my friends in Taiwan even tells me he can distinguish Waishengren from others based on their looks
Korea was not independent but it had been a well-defined nation for many years. Many other nations of today are different from Koreans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top