U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 08:25 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,274,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I know Singapore acts a lot more holy than it really is. It gives money under the table to Thailand just to stop the building of the canal in Southern Thailand.
I dont know for sure.. but thailand is not stupid. If what singapore can give is less than the benefits that thailand can gain if the canal is built why would thailand agree ?

Agree this is digressing from the topic of the upcoming Singapore elections let's kindly stick to the topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 03:38 AM

Singapore polls on sept 11 2015-image.jpg

Polling card received today.. Blocked out my name and full address cause i am afraid of being traced down.. Lol

Election fever is heating up in Singapore and i am excited to know what the results will be

Old 09-09-2015, 01:30 AM

Election fever reaching its climax locally in Singapore.

I just hope that whatever the results will be, the general public will graciously accept it and live with it for the next 5 yrs whether it is for better or for worse

Sick of my fellow countryman constant complaining, whining and hate ..

Just be happy ...

Old 09-10-2015, 05:33 PM

Polling day is today !!! going to vote later.. Voting is mandatory for Singapore anyway..

VOTE WISELY !!!

Old 09-10-2015, 06:04 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,200,755 times
I predict the incumbent party will win, and Lee will be PM for the next term. I will eat my hat if that doesn't happen

Old 09-10-2015, 10:52 PM

653 posts, read 541,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Polling day is today !!! going to vote later.. Voting is mandatory for Singapore anyway..

VOTE WISELY !!!
I just submitted my vote.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbalm1985 View Post
I just submitted my vote.
me also. All that is left is waiting for the results .

It will probably take till 4-5am local time in Singapore till all the results are announced.

I guess I will just sleep and check the results on sat morn

Old 09-10-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:

me also. All that is left is waiting for the results .

It will probably take till 4-5am local time in Singapore till all the results are announced.

I guess I will just sleep and check the results on sat morn

I just hope that everything turns out well.

All i pray is that 5 years down the road, we would still have a local Singaporean core and a local Singaporean identity that is not diluted.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbalm1985 View Post

I just hope that everything turns out well.

All i pray is that 5 years down the road, we would still have a local Singaporean core and a local Singaporean identity that is not diluted.

This is a very big hint as to which party you voted for just now . Ha ha

Old 09-11-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
[/b]

This is a very big hint as to which party you voted for just now . Ha ha
You would be quite surprised by my choice, I think.....you see, I am very pro-military, a big believer in a strong military for self-defense, and national security is right at the top of my list of concerns. I believe that NS for 2 years should remain as it is and the reservist system as it is should remain just as it is.

I deeply dislike any party that propose or suggest cuts to the defense budget and any reduction to National Service, just so they can channel funds to healthcare -as one party had done so.

While I admit to being worried that one party, at least to my own perception, may not have perhaps seem to respond adequately to the common people's worries about immigration, at the end, I still have to place Singapore in the largest context of national survival in a world where war and conflict would never go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia