U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 01:18 AM

23 posts, read 19,989 times

Advertisements

Anyone have been to bangkok? could you share with me about your experiences there?

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 11:12 AM

18,553 posts, read 9,592,797 times
I've been several times to Bangkok, it's a fabulous city in my opinion. It's inexpensive, pretty, the people are very friendly, you have people from all over the world there, the food is outstanding and cheap, there are excellent hotel or apartment options, it's safe, they have a decent sky train around the city, and the airport is fantastic. I guess the downsides are heat and humidity practically year round, flooding from time to time, some areas are 3rd worldish, and that's about it from my perspective. I will go there again.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've been several times to Bangkok, it's a fabulous city in my opinion. It's inexpensive, pretty, the people are very friendly, you have people from all over the world there, the food is outstanding and cheap, there are excellent hotel or apartment options, it's safe, they have a decent sky train around the city, and the airport is fantastic. I guess the downsides are heat and humidity practically year round, flooding from time to time, some areas are 3rd worldish, and that's about it from my perspective. I will go there again.
hi
do you have any specific place that you like ?

Old 09-08-2015, 03:40 AM

10,424 posts, read 12,425,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody-M View Post
hi
do you have any specific place that you like ?
Sukhumvit Soi 4 and Asoke BTS+MRT.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:44 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,792,539 times
Quote:
Anyone have been to bangkok? could you share with me about your experiences there?

thank you
Bangkok is one of the world's great cities. And fortunately for millions of visitors, it doesn't have to cost a small fortune. Anyway, there's great food of every type, people from all over, and it's fairly easy to get around. Taxis, subways, buses, elevated trains, etc. Just be prepared for oppressive heat and humidity certain times of year, and flooding during the August-October time period.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:39 AM

5 posts, read 9,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
Bangkok is one of the world's great cities. And fortunately for millions of visitors, it doesn't have to cost a small fortune. Anyway, there's great food of every type, people from all over, and it's fairly easy to get around. Taxis, subways, buses, elevated trains, etc. Just be prepared for oppressive heat and humidity certain times of year, and flooding during the August-October time period.
just small flooding after the heavy rain...and it would last only as hour or so, not a big deal

Old 09-10-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
really got flooding on August-October? is it always like this or just this year?

Old 09-10-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
really got flooding on August-October? is it always like this or just this year?
Flooding can happen anytime, but usually it occurs in Sept, October. Nothing to be too worried about. The water can disappear just as quickly as it appeared. Then the sun comes back out and you have the next best thing to a steam bath. LOL

I guess the best advice is to be prepared for a tropical climate. And if you don't know what that is, you'll find out. My first trip to Bangkok was in April. The hight of their hot season. I arrived at midnight (which seemed like noon to me because of the time difference), and after I checked into my hotel, I went out to explore things. Even at that hour of the night, I was drenched in sweat after walking a few blocks. After three or four days, I'd had enough of the steam bath an booked a flight to Phuket to stay at the beach.

The people who live there are somehow used to it, but I think that takes a while.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Flooding can happen anytime, but usually it occurs in Sept, October. Nothing to be too worried about. The water can disappear just as quickly as it appeared. Then the sun comes back out and you have the next best thing to a steam bath. LOL

I guess the best advice is to be prepared for a tropical climate. And if you don't know what that is, you'll find out. My first trip to Bangkok was in April. The hight of their hot season. I arrived at midnight (which seemed like noon to me because of the time difference), and after I checked into my hotel, I went out to explore things. Even at that hour of the night, I was drenched in sweat after walking a few blocks. After three or four days, I'd had enough of the steam bath an booked a flight to Phuket to stay at the beach.

The people who live there are somehow used to it, but I think that takes a while.

I see. Then how difference between Bangkok and Phuket. Phuket is an Island right? should be sand and sun

by the way thanks for your information I will be going to Bangkok soon

Old 09-19-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
I see. Then how difference between Bangkok and Phuket. Phuket is an Island right? should be sand and sun

by the way thanks for your information I will be going to Bangkok soon
Bangkok is a big city. Phuket is an island right connected to the mainland by a bridge. It's about 28 miles long and 13 miles wide. There's a main city and several beach cities which are along the west coast. Lots of tourists visit. Cruse ships stop also. Anyway, it's not at all like Bangkok, but would be a good place to chill out for a vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or