U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 10:44 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,179,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
I can't agree more.

Lucky Turkey! President Obama Spares a Thanksgiving Bird from Dinner Table
At the White House today, President Obama gave one lucky turkey a second chance at life, saving it from ending up as Thanksgiving dinner.

You "can't agree more" with a piddling inane preposterous "comparison"? Perhaps you might want to think first. And drop the ridiculous childish "nationalism" which has nothing whatsoever to do with the ethics of whats occurring. You think this is some sort of moral-race between Japan and America, or any other country for that?

It takes huge or deliberate ignorance to compare a turkey with one of the most intelligent animals on earth. Dolphins show cooperation, they demonstrate concern for others in their group (and there are now multiple is well-documented cases of dolphins taking action for protecting humans in many situations), they show social communication, both physically and by sound. They can learn, they can even figure out multiple problems in many tests. None of this is surprising - their mammalian brains and our mammalian brains are made of the same stuff, and only differ in degree of development. Their capacity for emotion is highly probable, and their capacity for psychological trauma is clear.

Dolphins aren't part of anyone's "culture". They are creatures of this earth, like us. But they are not ours. The arrogance and cultural narcissism is astounding.

The preposterous "Asian country" versus "America" debate going on here is an embarrassment to human intelligence. Do you really think any of this is "justified" by saying "well the Americans do this" (or the French do that or the Japanese do that). Stop the ridiculousness of nationalism, and look at this occurrence for what it is. A goddam bloodthirsty disgrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 10:50 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,179,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Do you read?

Bowhead Whale (Balaena mysticetus)
Bowhead whales are also listed in Appendix 1 of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of 1973 (CITES) This link is an external site., which prohibits trade of the species. Bowhead whales also receive additional protection under the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) of 1972.
Learn what Endangered Species means today.

I would understand if Hindus accused Japanese of killing cattle as they regard cattle to be a sacred animal. But do they? As far as I know, they don't.

Mob kills suspected cattle smuggler in India
A group of villagers have killed a Muslim man for allegedly smuggling cattle from India's Himachal Pradesh, where cow slaughter is forbidden as many Hindus regard it to be a sacred animal.
You do it for no reason.

I'm guessing you can't read English very well, which is ok, I can't read Japanese, but you've got the wrong country. Not only does no whaling occur in American waters (other than 1 or 2 whales taken each year by Native American Indians which was occurring way before the USA was even created), but America has extensive ship rules regarding areas where the ships must maintain low speeds to protect whale routes (e.g. off the East coast), and has multiple whale-watching excursion businesses and protection zones. Plus many US based whale-protection charities. [

Perhaps you were confusing the English phrase " whale-watching" with the phrase "whale-slaughtering". They are not the same.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:25 PM

919 posts, read 603,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
It takes huge or deliberate ignorance to compare a turkey with one of the most intelligent animals on earth.
So far, no one has explained why intelligence matters on this topic.

BTW, which race gets better score in the US? If A was inferior to B, would you insist A should be treated differently, like A should be killed but B should not?

Quote:
Dolphins aren't part of anyone's "culture". They are creatures of this earth, like us. But they are not ours. The arrogance and cultural narcissism is astounding.
So are pigs.

Quote:
Perhaps you were confusing the English phrase " whale-watching" with the phrase "whale-slaughtering". They are not the same.
World's Top 10 Whaling Countries after Japan Ban is introduced by pennyone.
6) United States
Whaling in the US involves nine indigenous Alaskan communities where the hunts catch 50 whales a year with a total whale population of 10,500.
OK. Would you educate me which this Whaling means, whale-watching or whale-slaughtering?

Old 12-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Seriously...you think the Americans are more of a threat to whales and dolphins than the Japanese? Seriously? Did you even read through the link I gave you? There are lots of pretty pictures that go with the words so you might like it.
Endangered Species should be saved.

And have you read Perry Expedition? What did they did there? WHALING.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
One is an animal grown specifically for food and work for centuries among many culture, including the Japanese . One is a wild animal that has been proven through science to be highly intelligent.
Dare to say that again after reading the news below?

Shocking video footage of New Zealand dairy industry shows animals bashed and kicked, with four-day old calves regarded as 'trash' thrown onto bloodied concrete floors

Old 12-21-2015, 08:51 AM

9,859 posts, read 21,155,925 times
Issues like this are why the West has lost credibility with the rest of the world. If you kill a dolphin or whale they scream bloody murder but then invade a country against international rules that results in 200k human deaths. I like wildlife and want to preserve endangered species but the hypocrisy of not letting people in Africa kill lions when White people obliterated all large predators anywhere we've lived is too much to overlook.

I applaud Japan for refusing to apologize for their heritage.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:48 AM

2,716 posts, read 912,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Issues like this are why the West has lost credibility with the rest of the world. If you kill a dolphin or whale they scream bloody murder but then invade a country against international rules that results in 200k human deaths. I like wildlife and want to preserve endangered species but the hypocrisy of not letting people in Africa kill lions when White people obliterated all large predators anywhere we've lived is too much to overlook.

I applaud Japan for refusing to apologize for their heritage.

I remember a number of years ago watching this woman on the news who is of Alaskan heritage pissed off big time. She was screaming: "AINT NO WHITE MAN GONNA TO TELL ME I CAN'T EAT SEAL". I couldn't stop laughing.

I bet America would eat seal, whale, dolphin etc. like they do cow, chicken, turkey, etc. if it wasn't impossible to farm them like the land animals.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:30 AM

1,953 posts, read 2,072,105 times
Shame of Japan

Old 01-08-2016, 11:46 PM

1,953 posts, read 2,072,105 times
Bottlenose Dolphins Endure Brutal Capture and Slaughter in Taiji's Infamous Cove

Old 01-10-2016, 05:48 AM

14,790 posts, read 14,060,318 times
Just..... disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or