Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 07:04 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,646,919 times

Advertisements

I certainly don't condone the actions of the Japanese, but I don't condone the slaughter of any animals. If you are against the actions of the Japanese but have no problem eating a hot dog, you are a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 07:43 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,257,068 times
I would like all the posters that believe there is nothing wrong with eating dogs to Google the Yulin dog festival and look at the images of these animals being killed. Look at the enjoyment on the faces of these hideous people as they are torturing and slaughtering these animals. Anyone that can treat ANY LIVING creature like that should be locked up and the key thrown away. People that condone this treatment of animals are mentally unbalanced, no matter what country they live in. I was extremely nauseated after seeing those pictures. I never thought that the gov't of any nation would allow such cruel treatment to ANYTHING!! Tell me, is it okay that in China they have farms full of tigers. They are starving them to death, slowly, for their bones. Yes, their bones. Look it up! What about the bear farms where they keep them in small cages in which they can't move. They have a hose inserted into them extracting bile, extremely painful. Yes, Americans eat cows, but they are not tortured. I live in a farming community and most of the slaughterhouses employ Mexicans because Americans don't want those type of jobs. We have laws that an animal has to be killed humanely and the Federal Gov't checks to make sure these laws are followed. Sure, we have the occasional whack job that gets caught abusing animals but we live in a civilized world where this is not accepted.

Pennywise is 100% right......keep funding the charities to help them stop these monsters and stop buying anything that is made in china.

YOU CAN TELL THE HEART OF A PERSON BY THE WAY HE TREATS AN ANIMAL.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:34 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,812,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
I would like all the posters that believe there is nothing wrong with eating dogs to Google the Yulin dog festival and look at the images of these animals being killed. Look at the enjoyment on the faces of these hideous people as they are torturing and slaughtering these animals. Anyone that can treat ANY LIVING creature like that should be locked up and the key thrown away. People that condone this treatment of animals are mentally unbalanced, no matter what country they live in. I was extremely nauseated after seeing those pictures. I never thought that the gov't of any nation would allow such cruel treatment to ANYTHING!! Tell me, is it okay that in China they have farms full of tigers. They are starving them to death, slowly, for their bones. Yes, their bones. Look it up! What about the bear farms where they keep them in small cages in which they can't move. They have a hose inserted into them extracting bile, extremely painful. Yes, Americans eat cows, but they are not tortured. I live in a farming community and most of the slaughterhouses employ Mexicans because Americans don't want those type of jobs. We have laws that an animal has to be killed humanely and the Federal Gov't checks to make sure these laws are followed. Sure, we have the occasional whack job that gets caught abusing animals but we live in a civilized world where this is not accepted.

Pennywise is 100% right......keep funding the charities to help them stop these monsters and stop buying anything that is made in china.

You are right there is a mountain of evidence to support that animal cruelty is linked to human violence. Individuals that take pleasure in or are entertained by the suffering of animals aren't trustworthy.

Animal Cruelty and Human Violence : The Humane Society of the United States

Old 09-24-2015, 01:31 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,646,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post

I agree entirely with you except for the bold part. If any animal that you mention, dogs, tigers or bears were treated like cattle are treated, you would say that they were being tortured. In the end of the day it is very clear. Nobody in the world, who has the luxury of having a supermarket, needs to eat meat. Meat is unnecessary and cruel, by definition.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:36 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,111,981 times
We will never stop killing animals for food but it is noble and worthwhile to try to reduce the suffering of the animals we eat. Those dolphins, like cows, pigs and chickens in the US, suffer unnecessarily. Eat what you like but be aware of the suffering involved.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:09 AM

16,345 posts, read 17,934,871 times
Japan doesn't even really eat dolphin. It's not that popular and frankly, doesn't even taste good. Plus, it's full of mercury. I don't even see the point of it, even if you don't see anything wrong with the act itself. It's a terrible product. This seems more akin to the whole shark fin soup craze... a totally pointless exercise that indulged silly superstitions while simultaneously destroying entire shark species populations.

Let's be honest here... in the end, humanity isn't that smart and it will likely meet its end because we as a species can't control our most ridiculous beliefs and insatiable need to destroy everything we touch. The oceans are dying, and at some point, there are going to be serious consequences for that. But hey, tradition.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I agree entirely with you except for the bold part. If any animal that you mention, dogs, tigers or bears were treated like cattle are treated, you would say that they were being tortured. In the end of the day it is very clear. Nobody in the world, who has the luxury of having a supermarket, needs to eat meat. Meat is unnecessary and cruel, by definition.
Unless you want to tear down every forest and clear every bit of farmable land, there really isn't enough space for everyone to be vegetarians, either. You think that growing crops doesn't have vast environmental consequences? Please. Bottom line is that there are already too many people, and it's only going to get a lot worse.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I certainly don't condone the actions of the Japanese, but I don't condone the slaughter of any animals. If you are against the actions of the Japanese but have no problem eating a hot dog, you are a hypocrite.
There's nothing worse than the holier-than-thou attitude of a vegetarian/vegan, as if their food choices have no impacts on natural environments. Organics will *never* be able to feed the world's population, which means large crop yields will need a hell of a lot of manipulation through genetic engineering, chemicals and a whole lot of land. And even then, it's really just completely unrealistic.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:53 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,941,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There's nothing worse than the holier-than-thou attitude of a vegetarian/vegan, as if their food choices have no impacts on natural environments. Organics will *never* be able to feed the world's population, which means large crop yields will need a hell of a lot of manipulation through genetic engineering, chemicals and a whole lot of land. And even then, it's really just completely unrealistic.
Except for the holier-than-thou attitude of people who happily eat supermarket and restaurant meat (produced in slaughterhouses) and then complain about the inhumanity of killing the more charismatic animals. And note that feeding the domestic vegetarian animals that we eat has the same impact on the environment but feeds far fewer people.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:08 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,257,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Except for the holier-than-thou attitude of people who happily eat supermarket and restaurant meat (produced in slaughterhouses) and then complain about the inhumanity of killing the more charismatic animals. And note that feeding the domestic vegetarian animals that we eat has the same impact on the environment but feeds far fewer people.
So you feel that finding enjoyment in torturing and killing animals in a horrific way like they do in China is okay in your book? Why don't you look at the images of the dog meat festival and get back to this forum and tell me if you think this should be banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia