U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times

Advertisements

It doesn't help when they call you almost every week telling you they work for microsoft and that you have a virus on your computer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 12:22 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,232,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
It doesn't help when they call you almost every week telling you they work for microsoft and that you have a virus on your computer
You too! The same person kept calling me I asked them politely three times to stop by the fourth time I had enough(lol) my temper got the best of me,(I exploded) I won't say what I told this person but I spent a good two minutes chewing on them until I'm sure this person wanted to crawl into a hole. The good part is I never received another call.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:38 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You too! The same person kept calling me I asked them politely three times to stop by the fourth time I had enough(lol) my temper got the best of me,(I exploded) I won't say what I told this person but I spent a good two minutes chewing on them until I'm sure this person wanted to crawl into a hole. The good part is I never received another call.
When i pick up the phone now and hear a Indian accent i will scream "SCAM" at them and they hang up immediately. Half the time its the same biatch, i recognize her voice from the first second.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:20 PM

4,683 posts, read 3,610,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
My experience with Indians in the US was pretty negative overall.
I did met a few of them which I liked, however absolute majority was dishonest and racists, to the point that once number of Indian folks reach certain level in a company or department (that normally means there's a hiring manager with Indian origin) they start behave like they own and drive everything, and they cannot be questioned, and basically do anything they want. The restrooms in such cases also go down the drain, as for some reason most of them have troubles directing urine into the proper hole.
I also noticed that most of them do not wash their hands after restrooms, yet like to shake hands - beware.

I value honesty in people the most - and this is where Indian culture has serious issues, they seem to feel that it's OK lying if it benefits them, absolutely openly, and see no shame in it. Disgusting.
There was a 20/20 report on Indian pharma companies in India manufacturing fake medicines a few years back. They caught many of the owners lie straight faced when they were confronted by the investigative reporters....

Old 09-04-2016, 10:38 PM

21 posts, read 16,748 times
The food is good.
As for the people, my experience has been positive so far.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:46 AM

2 posts, read 914 times
As someone of mixed african heritage I would say that indians are the most racist, sexist, colorists, casteists, intolerant, insecure people in the world. Just my opinion, take it as you will

racism against african students

How India can stem the rising scourge of racism against Africans

racism against north easterners/ mongoloids

India's northeast speaks out against racism - Al Jazeera English

discrimination against dalits and muslim minorities

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...ields-3012694/

Muslim attacked for eating beef

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...akhlaq/409405/

India least tolerant country in the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...prise-you.html

Last edited by Kiwitraveler; 09-05-2016 at 06:01 AM..

Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,152,124 times
I think India has a serious problem with hygiene, so much so that I cancelled a planned vacation in India, having heard horror stories of tourists having caught dysentery. As long as the Indians won't clean up their act, it won't be a country for me to visit, what's the point of visiting Taj Mahal while having the turista ?

Old 09-05-2016, 09:33 AM

1,089 posts, read 477,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqoots View Post
The food is good.
As for the people, my experience has been positive so far.
You're Indian, right?

Old 09-05-2016, 09:36 AM

2,567 posts, read 1,335,142 times
I have never been to India but previously lived in an apartment complex that was probably about 30 - 40% by the time we got out. One on one, most of my neighbors were fine, if not insular and standoffish. Their kids were great students, but uninvolved socially and without awareness of community. Beyond that, they had zero respect for properly disposing of garbage. Any place within 20 feet of the dumpster was good enough or right by their front doors. Also, while I love to eat curry, smelling it 24/7 could wear me down at times. Indian owned hotels are notoriously spartan and to be avoided unless you are on the tightest of budgets. Old dated rooms, thread bear towels and moth eaten blinds are the norm. They definitely gravitate to primarily Indian neighborhoods with certain sections of Jersey City being more like New Delhi. They are highly reproductive people, that is for sure. One in a stroller and one in the oven is the norm.

On balance they are peaceful, productive people who don't seem to overtax the social service system so it could be worse. But please, if you are Indian, tell your Indian friends and neighbors that garbage goes into the garbage.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:34 PM

12,199 posts, read 10,411,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesunwater View Post
Alsoo as a group, I feel that Indians are subjected to a lot of nasty comments, jokes and snide remarks. People mock and shame their respect for cows while not looking at how they let dogs sleep in their own bed!!
LOL, well I can't argue with you there!
Overall your posts are a little long but give a great perspective on Western attitudes towards India. Keep fighting the good fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or