U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:02 AM

6,435 posts, read 9,956,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I believe China has it all. Of course, it's also the biggest country.
China has tons of prostitution! What are you even talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 10:24 PM

6,066 posts, read 10,846,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galina46 View Post
I can say nothing about Vietnam, because I have never been there. but I know exactly Taiwan is incomparable!
I fell in love with this country!
u should go there to travel
I deeply respect your bright optimism on the country of Taiwan! Can you describe with some more exact details what your experience of Taiwan is ultimately illustrating? I am debating between travel to Taiwan or Vietnam next. When I dealt with the news of Luxy multilevel massive nightclub closing down at Taipei, I started to get scared of my Independent Business Store destinations original expectation, and now verging onto Vietnam inclination.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:58 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,337,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamiard220 View Post
Vietnam definitely does not belong with these countries. It has a lower Human Develop Index and GDP Per Capita than Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines

HDI 2015
Thailand- 0.726
Indonesia- 0.684
Philippines- 0.668
Vietnam- 0.666

GDP Per Capita (PPP) 2014
Thailand- $15,579
Indonesia- $10,651
Philippines- $6,974
Vietnam- $5,656

Thailand belongs on this list, Vietnam does not
One more thing:

Thailand receives more tourists than any country in the world.

It's #1 in tourism in the entire world.

Let that sink in.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:32 AM

10,424 posts, read 12,419,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
One more thing:

Let that sink in.
USA, France, Spain, China, Italy, Turkey, Germany and the U.K. all get more.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:37 PM

328 posts, read 476,733 times
Quote:
One more thing:

Let that sink in.
Where in the world did you get this information? That's just wildly incorrect. Thailand gets around 20 million visitors. France is 83 million; USA 69 million; Spain 60 million -- I doubt Thailand is even in the top 10

Old 02-17-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
Where in the world did you get this information? That's just wildly incorrect. Thailand gets around 20 million visitors. France is 83 million; USA 69 million; Spain 60 million -- I doubt Thailand is even in the top 10
Thailand is 9th-12th most visited country in the world (similar stats as Russia and Mexico) with around 26 million tourists.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
One more thing:

Let that sink in.
Honestly, I prefer Vietnam compared to Thailand for more than one logical rationale.

Ranks much more higher on the Global Peace Index, Happiness Scale, entirely Buddhist Agnostic Atheist without any extreme Muslim Islam violent insurgencies to the far south of Thailand trying to always break away. Vietnam is more stable, and less chaotic without a doubt. French colonialism, World Class Wireless Internet Wifi Independent Cafes Atmosphere, Bars, some Nightlife of the Classier realm, more variety of cities, towns, and more unknown to foreigners. Vietnam is eventually going to have even more annual international tourists than Thailand.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:46 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Honestly, I prefer Vietnam compared to Thailand for more than one logical rationale.

Ranks much more higher on the Global Peace Index, Happiness Scale, entirely Buddhist Agnostic Atheist without any extreme Muslim Islam violent insurgencies to the far south of Thailand trying to always break away. Vietnam is more stable, and less chaotic without a doubt. French colonialism, World Class Wireless Internet Wifi Independent Cafes Atmosphere, Bars, some Nightlife of the Classier realm, more variety of cities, towns, and more unknown to foreigners. Vietnam is eventually going to have even more annual international tourists than Thailand.
Vietnam has some serious flaws though....

1) Most nationalities have to pay for a visa. Unlike Thailand, etc.
2) Vietnam doesn't have the major airlines to bring people in and out cheaply and easily and efficiently. Unlike Thailand, etc.
3) Vietnam gov't is way more restrictive...most stuff that people do in Thailand simply would not be allowed in Vietnam at all.

Ah...those are few of the more major things anyways...

Old 03-11-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Vietnam has some serious flaws though....

1) Most nationalities have to pay for a visa. Unlike Thailand, etc.
2) Vietnam doesn't have the major airlines to bring people in and out cheaply and easily and efficiently. Unlike Thailand, etc.
3) Vietnam gov't is way more restrictive...most stuff that people do in Thailand simply would not be allowed in Vietnam at all.

Ah...those are few of the more major things anyways...
Despite those facts of reality, there is infinite more valuable strength advantage in favor of Vietnam when I am thinking of each country. Vietnam deserves high international attention, and is very underrated golden hidden treasure compared to rather overrated Thailand. I am enthusiastic with Thailand too, yet I vastly prefer Vietnam lately. All people are beginning to have mutual feelings.

Are they equal in your mind? Tell us your own experience with Thailand, and Vietnam.

Or are you defending Thailand while enjoying each nation to varying degrees of deep respect simultaneously. With other versions of interpretation, Vietnam is relatively hassle free.

There are up to 11 reasons why Vietnam is winning against Thailand when there is a competition. Vastly more than the other way around.

Too much prostitution with Thailand, and natural tendencies of sketchy nightlife. Bangkok might literally be sinking out of a devastating geographic situation. Crime rate is higher. Global Terrorism Index is at Zero for Vietnam, the 2nd safest nation in the entire World to entirely avoid any terrorist acts. While Thailand is the opposite, and unfathomably the 10th most dangerous country of Planet Earth just arising out of the bordering Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat border south provinces not usually representing the rest of Thailand.

Vietnam has an extra sudden Wow factor compared to Thailand with me.

Although, I am very surprised Thailand's average per capita annual income is higher than Vietnam. Isn't seeming that way when observing the entire situation. Vietnamese people have a more comfortable life on average. Hypnotic allure, and welcoming is Vietnam's motto compared to Thailand.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
-Too much prostitution with Thailand, and natural tendencies of sketchy nightlife.

-Bangkok might literally be sinking out of a devastating geographic situation.

-Crime rate is higher.

-Global Terrorism Index is at Zero for Vietnam, 6the 2nd safest nation in the entire World to entirely avoid any terrorist acts. While Thailand is the opposite, and unfathomably the 10th most dangerous country of Planet Earth just arising out of the bordering Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat border south provinces not usually representing the rest of Thailand.

-Although, I am very surprised Thailand's average per capita annual income is higher than Vietnam. Isn't seeming that way when observing the entire situation. Vietnamese people have a more comfortable life on average. Hypnotic allure, and welcoming is Vietnam's motto compared to Thailand.
-What is too much? There are still many area's in Thailand where one can go without seeing any of it.

-Bangkok land size is not even 1.5% of Thailand.

-Can you show me the stats? We all know commies are good at hiding/faking them.

-Well there aren't that many muslims in Vietnam. Not sure if i can take that Global Terrorism Index serious when Lebanon (Top 10 country with most bombings in the last 40 years) is not even in the top 20.
Its limited to the 3 most Southern provinces (the only provinces out of 76 with Muslim majority) anyway, which is not even 4% of Thailand in land size and easy to avoid.

-Where do you get the idea that Vietnamese live a more comfortable life on average than Thais?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or