Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 12:46 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times

Advertisements

I felt safe in Israel, and I was there in the middle of the war last summer. In fact, the security theater made me more critical. Birthright missed its mark on me (and most of my traveling companions).

Keep in mind that based on reports from the US, many people in other countries are more than a little nervous about traveling to the US. When I lived in Mexico, a neighbor told me she was considering not allowing her daughter to travel on a school exchange trip to Ann Arbor, Michigan because it was too dangerous. I had to stifle a laugh and explain to her how safe it was. She saw news reports from Detroit (and elsewhere) and assumed the US was incredibly dangerous. I explained how many people said similar things to me before I went to Mexico about how dangerous it was there and she was amused.

Remember you're only ever getting a sliver of reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 01:00 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatjourneys View Post
I have hear a lot about Israel. You can check out in newspaper about crimes, riots and lots of aggressive actions revolving all around spirituality. Being a tourist, how far do you think you are safe in Israel? Also, which part of Israel is the most dangerous for people?

Actually, I'm planning to go to Israel soon to meet my uncle. I want to assure myself that nothing wrong will happen to me.
I have a mate that traveled to Israel and went through the country learning Krav Maga and didn't have any trouble. I'm sure you will be fine.

The only trouble he had was going out drinking with a couple of geezers ( that we're learning Krav) and getting loud...... Which you would expect in any country

Have a nice time

Old 10-10-2015, 01:29 PM

41 posts, read 31,837 times
The Middle East is Africa and not Asia! The term "Middle East" or "Middle Eastern" is a eurocentric term that never existed until recently. Did you know that they are considering Egypt to be a part of the Middle East and not Africa?! This is the same thing they did to Israel. Why do you think they call it the modern version of the Middle East!

Old 10-10-2015, 01:33 PM

They even consider Northern Africa to be the Middle East because of the culture! Which absurb and completely wrong.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:28 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Why is this thread in the Americas forum?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:53 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Israelite View Post
The Middle East is Africa and not Asia! The term "Middle East" or "Middle Eastern" is a eurocentric term that never existed until recently. Did you know that they are considering Egypt to be a part of the Middle East and not Africa?! This is the same thing they did to Israel. Why do you think they call it the modern version of the Middle East!
I agree, the term "Middle East" is Eurocentric but that's a completely different subject. Doesn't change the fact that since the Eocene period the Arabian plate has drifted from Africa to become more firmly connected to Eurasia.

I've personally never heard of places like Morocco or Tunisia being referred to as the "middle east" maybe ignoramuses, but generally it is referred to as north Africa.
It wasn't called the "Middle-east Spring" was it?

On a side-note, it's logical to make the largest expanse of water (the Pacific ocean), the point of longitudinal separation for a 3D-sphere to 2D-horizontal representation. So maybe you should stop being such a princess about things.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:12 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
I have hear a lot about Israel. You can check out in newspaper about crimes, riots and lots of aggressive actions revolving all around spirituality. Being a tourist, how far do you think you are safe in Israel? Also, which part of Israel is the most dangerous for people?

Actually, I'm planning to go to Israel soon to meet my uncle. I want to assure myself that nothing wrong will happen to me.
Statistically very low for most of the country. Jerusalem has become unsafe due to Arab crime spree.
Asia: Crime Index by Country 2015 Mid Year

Old 10-11-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I agree, the term "Middle East" is Eurocentric but that's a completely different subject. Doesn't change the fact that since the Eocene period the Arabian plate has drifted from Africa to become more firmly connected to Eurasia.

I've personally never heard of places like Morocco or Tunisia being referred to as the "middle east" maybe ignoramuses, but generally it is referred to as north Africa.
It wasn't called the "Middle-east Spring" was it?

On a side-note, it's logical to make the largest expanse of water (the Pacific ocean), the point of longitudinal separation for a 3D-sphere to 2D-horizontal representation. So maybe you should stop being such a princess about things.
Nobody is being a princess about anything! I just hate when people claim something for themselves by taking it away from its original place it's actually called "stealing" just in case you never heard of it. Yes there are people out there that claims the Northern part of Africa to be the Middle East. The MENA countries are countries in the Middle East and North Africa extending from Morocco to Iran this acronym "MENA" is also known by the term called the "Greater Middle East"!

The "Middle East Spring" was a cultural demonstration which doesn't matter because a big percentage of the whole continent of Africa is already Islam. Bringing up the Arabian plate is irrelevant because Earth's plate doesn't determines a continent! Continents are determined by size, culture and politics which is why North and South America are two different continents. Even if we take North Africa out, it still doesn't make it right because this is still the Middle East!

Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 PM

32 posts, read 26,376 times
Guys, Israel is situated on the continent of Asia. Because of on n off terrorist activities, I can never feel safe visiting in Israel.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:27 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,869 times
Quote:
Guys, Israel is situated on the continent of Asia. Because of on n off terrorist activities, I can never feel safe visiting in Israel.
But if a Korean, Japanese, or Taiwanese/Chinese guy/girl is dating an ethnic Israeli girl/guy like in the recent films of the Fast And The Furious, you wouldn't deny they're interracially dating each other, would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia