U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2015, 03:40 AM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,364 posts, read 24,104,739 times
Reputation: 8869

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatjourneys View Post
Guys, Israel is situated on the continent of Asia. Because of on and off terrorist activities, I can never feel safe visiting in Israel.
Media sensationalism. Just stay out of the Arab areas East of Jerusalem.

Who Was in the Old City Today? by Real Jstreets | Israellycool
Jerusalem Scavenger Hunts - Israel Scaventures | Jerusalem Scavenger Hunts - Israel Scaventures
JERUSALEM PHOTO WALKS | The Real Jerusalem Streets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2015, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Elysium
6,584 posts, read 3,638,317 times
Reputation: 4578
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
But if a Korean, Japanese, or Taiwanese/Chinese guy/girl is dating an ethnic Israeli girl/guy like in the recent films of the Fast And The Furious, you wouldn't deny they're interracially dating each other, would you?
Race has nothing to do with geography it is a political and socially defined grouping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2015, 02:55 PM
 
Location: London, UK
2,875 posts, read 1,548,951 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Israelite View Post
Bringing up the Arabian plate is irrelevant because Earth's plate doesn't determines a continent! Continents are determined by size, culture and politics which is why North and South America are two different continents. Even if we take North Africa out, it still doesn't make it right because this is still the Middle East!
You're completely wrong they are called continental plates for a reason and I also said and I quote myself;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
the continents are based on the earth's crust continental divisions and geological separations i.e. Ural mountains and the Sinai peninsula.
Your point about the Americas doesn't make sense. What separates north from south is not culture or politics but the fact that the South American plate is completely separate from the North American plate and just like the Sinai peninsula, the Panama isthmus acts as the thin stretch of land of separation.

Your argument is flawed because Mexico (N.America) is closer culturally to Colombia (S.America) than Canada or even the USA. Culture traverses boundaries whereas continental plates and geological separations are fixed for millions of years. Also French Canada is a latin based region and if history had been different, Florida and California would be completely part of the hispanic diaspora and Louisiana francophone, had the Spanish-American and Mexican-American and Seven Years war gone the other way.


The MENA = LatAm (Latin America), both generic cultural diasporas that traverse 2 continents.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-15-2015 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Removed red font
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2015, 08:25 PM
 
43 posts, read 43,860 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Israelite View Post
The Middle East is Africa and not Asia! The term "Middle East" or "Middle Eastern" is a eurocentric term that never existed until recently. Did you know that they are considering Egypt to be a part of the Middle East and not Africa?! This is the same thing they did to Israel. Why do you think they call it the modern version of the Middle East!

Asia originally and historically only refered to middle east where greek race lived in history but in modern time east asia was added to asia....africa is originally and historically refered only to north and east africa where greek race lived not negloid land in the southwest but in modern time negloid land was added to africa....Europe is originally and historically refered to southeast europe where greek race live but in modern time north europe was added to europe.....

So you can say it's eurocentric to add east asia to asia which is originally reffered to middle east only and it's eurocentric to add negloid lands to africa which is originally reffered to north africa...not other way around you ignorant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 01:07 PM
 
2,416 posts, read 1,610,128 times
Reputation: 1404
When I visited Tel Aviv in June it felt "suspiciously" quiet especially in the mornings -.

With that being said: Israel is a great place.

Can only vouch for Tel Aviv though, but have heard positive things about Jerusalem, Haifa, Eilat etc. Hope they fix the current problems with the Palestinians in Jerusalem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 PM
 
41 posts, read 23,573 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by good3352 View Post
Asia originally and historically only refered to middle east where greek race lived in history but in modern time east asia was added to asia....africa is originally and historically refered only to north and east africa where greek race lived not negloid land in the southwest but in modern time negloid land was added to africa....Europe is originally and historically refered to southeast europe where greek race live but in modern time north europe was added to europe.....

So you can say it's eurocentric to add east asia to asia which is originally reffered to middle east only and it's eurocentric to add negloid lands to africa which is originally reffered to north africa...not other way around you ignorant...
You really don't know what your talking about. Brother I have enough intelligence to understand your just trying to sound smart. You said it yourself that "Modern time East Asia (Middle East) was added to Asia" which means the so called "Middle East" was never a part of Asian to begin with! Yes your are right and proving my point when you say its eurocentric to add East Asia to Asia but your wrong when you said "which is originally referred to as the Middle East" because the Middle East was NEVER the original name. The Greeks have no original home in Africa they migrated to Africa! Africa and I mean all of Africa was inhabited originally by BLACK Africans and that's a fact you cannot argue. You speak of white Greeks like this was their original land when instead they migrated and conquered land, so when you speak of the Greeks your speaking fairly new in history. And the original Greeks was blacks! Did you know that?! I can prove that also. What on Earth is "Negloid Land"? Negro Land is West Africa which is where the African Americans come from and during the European colonization and Trans Atlantic there was and still is a lot of European influence which is why alot of West Africans speak European languages. During the ancient times especially the 5 books of Moses the Middle East was a part of Africa and wasn't Asia nor was it called the "Middle East" which is a eurocentric name! Everything we learned is a lie to fit a certain agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 07:37 PM
 
41 posts, read 23,573 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
You're completely wrong they are called continental plates for a reason and I also said and I quote myself;


Your point about the Americas doesn't make sense. What separates north from south is not culture or politics but the fact that the South American plate is completely separate from the North American plate and just like the Sinai peninsula, the Panama isthmus acts as the thin stretch of land of separation.

Your argument is flawed because Mexico (N.America) is closer culturally to Colombia (S.America) than Canada or even the USA. Culture traverses boundaries whereas continental plates and geological separations are fixed for millions of years. Also French Canada is a latin based region and if history had been different, Florida and California would be completely part of the hispanic diaspora and Louisiana francophone, had the Spanish-American and Mexican-American and Seven Years war gone the other way.


The MENA = LatAm (Latin America), both generic cultural diasporas that traverse 2 continents.
Continents are not determined by Earths plate tectonics if that was the case the Middle East would be its own countinent, India would not be in Asia and Europe and Asia would be the same thing when actually they are! Your argument is flawed but mine is not I dont think you read me right, I said continents are determined by SIZE, CULTURE & POLITICS! Either both or one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2015, 12:44 AM
 
43 posts, read 43,860 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Israelite View Post
You really don't know what your talking about. Brother I have enough intelligence to understand your just trying to sound smart. You said it yourself that "Modern time East Asia (Middle East) was added to Asia" which means the so called "Middle East" was never a part of Asian to begin with! Yes your are right and proving my point when you say its eurocentric to add East Asia to Asia but your wrong when you said "which is originally referred to as the Middle East" because the Middle East was NEVER the original name. The Greeks have no original home in Africa they migrated to Africa! Africa and I mean all of Africa was inhabited originally by BLACK Africans and that's a fact you cannot argue. You speak of white Greeks like this was their original land when instead they migrated and conquered land, so when you speak of the Greeks your speaking fairly new in history. And the original Greeks was blacks! Did you know that?! I can prove that also. What on Earth is "Negloid Land"? Negro Land is West Africa which is where the African Americans come from and during the European colonization and Trans Atlantic there was and still is a lot of European influence which is why alot of West Africans speak European languages. During the ancient times especially the 5 books of Moses the Middle East was a part of Africa and wasn't Asia nor was it called the "Middle East" which is a eurocentric name! Everything we learned is a lie to fit a certain agenda.

no north africans and east africans are greek race...only west subsaharan africans are black with big head and flat nose... Asia Africa Europe all came from greek language lol...so what do you think negro savage have something to do with these words?!? asia is originally reffered to middle east only not east asia....africa also historically and originally never refered to where negro people live but only to north africa where greek people live...Europe also never refered to north europe but only greece...europe asia africa are basically terms for to refer to regions of greek race live historically and originally...but modern germanic people add additional geography to it...

Last edited by good3352; 10-16-2015 at 12:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2015, 11:58 AM
 
41 posts, read 23,573 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by good3352 View Post
no north africans and east africans are greek race...only west subsaharan africans are black with big head and flat nose... Asia Africa Europe all came from greek language lol...so what do you think negro savage have something to do with these words?!? asia is originally reffered to middle east only not east asia....africa also historically and originally never refered to where negro people live but only to north africa where greek people live...Europe also never refered to north europe but only greece...europe asia africa are basically terms for to refer to regions of greek race live historically and originally...but modern germanic people add additional geography to it...
This is one of the dumbest and ignorant posts I probably seen in a long time! Once again your trying to sound smart and your just throwing false information out there. North Africans and Middle Easterns are not the descendants of the Greeks. These lands are under Arabian territory and they are descendants of Ishmael. The continent of Asia was NEVER in any part of history referred as the "Middle East" not even during these current times. Asia, Africa and Europe names have nothing to do with exposing where the Greek race lived! That is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2015, 01:26 PM
 
43 posts, read 43,860 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Israelite View Post
This is one of the dumbest and ignorant posts I probably seen in a long time! Once again your trying to sound smart and your just throwing false information out there. North Africans and Middle Easterns are not the descendants of the Greeks. These lands are under Arabian territory and they are descendants of Ishmael. The continent of Asia was NEVER in any part of history referred as the "Middle East" not even during these current times. Asia, Africa and Europe names have nothing to do with exposing where the Greek race lived! That is a lie.

middle east has always been refered to as asia by greeks...it's the east asia that had never been called asia but you say exact opposite thing from historical fact... by the way europe, asia, africa are greek languages so why do you try to make something up about you have no idea about...?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top