Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 05:47 AM

162 posts, read 268,685 times

Advertisements

He was the only candidate that I was certain would fix the corruption and remove the root causes of the islamist insurgency.

Why would the only hopeful candiate drop out?

He said it was because of shortage of money.....
bs! they offered to pay his campaign and raise money. He knew it would have worked!

He said it was age.
bs again! Binay is 3 year older than him and running like a cheetah in these elections!

he said because family saying no.
K then, why in the world wuold they? there are no reasons to go along with it.

So...
here comes my theorie. HE is covering up the true reason why he is not running, and my theorie goes that there is a security threat to him or his family or something else that is important to him. He could have received a threat from people that oppose him. He is pro-poor and not pro rich, something unique from al the other candidates. The elite might lose out from his pro poor platform. They don't want want this to happen. They want a Philippines that continues to serve the rich at the expense of the poor. So that means they could even threaten Duterte or his family. that is what I suspect. Why else would the best candidate be dropped out and the corrupt ones be well on their way? But it is only my wild guess.

Anyone else have any theories as to why Duterte dropped out?

The motive behind this cant be anything that he said. That list of reasons was more like a list of excuses. The real reason must have been hidden. Why else would he do this? a whole nation and even peoples lives are at stake in this nation battered by typhoons, and plagued by poverty, malnutrition and lack of cleanliness in crowded neighborhoods. He is giving up a huge contribution by doing this drop out so there must be a terrible factor at play that is stopping him from running.

My theorie I put together suspects that the Philippines will never leave this cycle of poverty because any real good guy that surfaces for elections will get crushed because the elite hold a strong grip on the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 03:29 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,804,559 times
He knows he cannot win. He is like a Filipino version of Donald trump. Always talking about how he will get things done quickly but during the course of a campaign voters soon realize they don't want him to be their leader.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:56 AM

155 posts, read 147,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
He knows he cannot win. He is like a Filipino version of Donald trump. Always talking about how he will get things done quickly but during the course of a campaign voters soon realize they don't want him to be their leader.
I'm very interested to know in what ways "he is like a Filipino version of Donald trump"? From what I know he has very successfully, and noticeably, cleaned up Davao. Just travel there from Cebu and see the difference.

Unfortunately the Philippines has endemic corruption. Starting at the highest national level dynasties through to the lowest level barangays and government departments who are enmeshed in self enrichment through "commissions".

Elections here appear to be won through systematic bribery and political manipulation of voters.

A few possible reasons that he won't be running is that he realizes that it is very expensive to win, his style of "cleaning up" may be too drastic at the national level, the country is faced with so many systemic problems and poverty levels are so high, it's a "no win" position. So why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia