U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 10:46 PM

8 posts, read 4,745 times

Advertisements

I like in Shanghai and Beijing, a very nice town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 07:17 PM

28 posts, read 23,037 times
If you want women easily, choose China. Some but not all Chinese women still love western men. And sexual attitude is more opened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandis View Post
Was wondering how expat living compares between the two countries. Live in Northern China and after 1 1 1/2 years am tired of pollution and cold weather. Have offer to teach in KW. How do countries compare in terms of lifestyle, costs, etc. for expats.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:09 AM

317 posts, read 238,873 times
Now that I'm here in Kuwait, food tasty, people friendly (and English speaking) but downside - no alcohol - would be nice to have a cold beer in this heat (43C today)

Old 08-23-2016, 04:42 PM

18,664 posts, read 9,639,706 times
Quote:
Now that I'm here in Kuwait, food tasty, people friendly (and English speaking) but downside - no alcohol - would be nice to have a cold beer in this heat (43C today)
I'm back in Kuwait as well working for an engineering consulting company. Yeah if they just allowed alcohol like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Kuwait would be a quite decent place to live for a bit. One thing about the heat (43-48C during the day) is that with the normally low humidity and wind, it doesn't feel as hot as you might expect.

Most expats here seem to tolerate life here well...they complain but still stay.

Having noted the above, I would prefer to work in Shanghai over Kuwait even with the pollution and chaos.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:07 AM

1,424 posts, read 737,679 times
How can you socialize with local people in Kuwait? It seems the culture barrier is way too big for westerners.
Or maybe expats there do not bother to interact with locals at all?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:12 AM

317 posts, read 238,873 times
Default expat living in Kuwait vs. China

I find it's much easier to talk/interact with the locals here - everyone speaks English unlike most of China. Plus it's difficult to know who is local and who's not - as Middle Eastern types blend in together - plus tons of Filipinos and South Asians with smattering of Westerners.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:35 PM

1,424 posts, read 737,679 times
Quote:
I find it's much easier to talk/interact with the locals here - everyone speaks English unlike most of China. Plus it's difficult to know who is local and who's not - as Middle Eastern types blend in together - plus tons of Filipinos and South Asians with smattering of Westerners.
So it's easier to find expats (including those from other Asian countries) there.

When I was in Switzerland, I also found 80% of my colleagues are foreign, so to some extent it is easier to blend in.
However it is still hard to socialize with real Swiss. I guess it depends on what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or