Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 01:27 PM

782 posts, read 1,355,474 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed reading about the Phillippines and have wanted to visit there so hope to soon (not getting any younger); seems like a beautiful place.
I am a divorced man who thinks it's a shame of all the interest in exploiting disadvantaged people for sex pleasure.
I do wonder why no there isn't more public outcry about this from international human right-type groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 02:30 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
why do you need to go to Angeles City? that's just like Tijuana. there are so many clubs in Quezon City if that is your thing, more decent albeit more expensive
A lot of the sex stuff is centered around Fields Ave at night. The rest of Angeles City is pretty sedate and actually a lot like other business and residential areas in the Philippines.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,628 times
I have been in the Philippines couple of times in the '70s. Baguio, Cebu, and other nice places. Still recalled tasting the sea urchin freshly harvested in the water of Cebu. Tastes better than those in Japan.

But in Philippines if you want to meet girls, you don't need to go to bar. Usually I frequented those department stores in Makati where some sales girls were pure Spanish blood (rarely seen outside Philippines). Go buy some valuable merchandise. And then return and shop again. By the third time ask for a date, most likely you can succeed.

Those girls are of much highly caliber than anyone you find in the bar.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:21 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
There are many wonderful ladies in the Philippines, I have met many since I live there part of every year with my wife, so if a person wants a lifetime partner, then probably best to stay away from the majority of bargirls.

And there is plenty of public outcry and more and more westerners have gotten arrested and imprisoned of late, for just being in the presence of an underage girl.

Also the Philippines Bureau of Immigration is now connected to INTERPOL so they most often know of those with a criminal record before they even get to enter the Philippines, many are refused entry to the Philippines right as they arrive.
Quote:
Republic Act No. 7610
ARTICLE VI
Other Acts of Abuse
(a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;
(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000):

Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Right. The Philippines has spent a lot of resources on the underage sex pat crowd and many of them have been arrested and are waiting for trial. There's still a large group of older foreigners who date younger legal women.

Usually there's some kind of mutual benefit gained by both parties. The men get young attractive partners and the women raise their standard of living. Filipinas may be poor but they're not dumb. Almost always the ladies are paid a monthly allowance for themselves and often their parents. All economics.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:42 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Right. The Philippines has spent a lot of resources on the underage sex pat crowd and many of them have been arrested and are waiting for trial. There's still a large group of older foreigners who date younger legal women.

Usually there's some kind of mutual benefit gained by both parties. The men get young attractive partners and the women raise their standard of living. Filipinas may be poor but they're not dumb. Almost always the ladies are paid a monthly allowance for themselves and often their parents. All economics.
I would say sometimes, not almost always, as my wife and I have met hundreds of couples over the years, since I have run forums about the Philippines over the years and had set up get togethers in past years, so some do and some don't but the women of course do benefit by ending up with a better life for themselves and often security for their families in emergencies.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:58 PM

23 posts, read 11,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
I enjoyed reading about the Phillippines and have wanted to visit there so hope to soon (not getting any younger); seems like a beautiful place.
I am a divorced man who thinks it's a shame of all the interest in exploiting disadvantaged people for sex pleasure.
I do wonder why no there isn't more public outcry about this from international human right-type groups.
The subject isn't as big of a deal or as prevalent as you might think it is it's just something for youtubers that have never left their moms basement to make videos about.

It's a wonderful place to visit that doesn't have an extremely high price tag and the people are great. This a huge draw for some people. Although it can cost a lot for a westerner to fly there the lodging and food/drink prices are much more reasonably priced than a lot of other areas.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:32 AM

13 posts, read 12,431 times
Cebu has cheap food and nice people.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:35 PM

361 posts, read 397,949 times
I just came back from a recent trip to the Philippines to visit my GF and her family.

I would definitely think that if you converted enough US dollars to PH pesos, you can survive one month with $2000 USD.

The food at a lot of the restaurants are cheap. I converted $400 USD to PH pesos and ended up buying lunch and dinner for my GF, her parents and sister-in-law. $400 USD was good for five to six days of food.

However, the food at places like Chow King....did not look nutritious to me at all. I'm so big on eating healthy food. I just don't like eating the fried pork or simply eating pork that are in a lot of the Filipino foods.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:41 PM

361 posts, read 397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampdeck View Post
Cebu has cheap food and nice people.
Besides Cebu, I also heard that Puerta Princessa and Boracay Island are also nice tourist destinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia