U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 01:08 PM

218 posts, read 179,699 times

Advertisements

Thinking of spending 3-4 weeks in the Philippines sometime in 2017.

I'm creating a budget now of $5k for travel expenses, not including airline ticket.

Is $5k enough for that amount of time?

I plan on doing a lot of snorkeling, diving, whale watching, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 01:33 PM

163 posts, read 199,037 times
Depends of the the level of accommodations you want. It might be enough you're not picky and you're okay with simple, mediocre or spartan accommodations but I don't see it being enough for a luxurious experience.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:35 PM

218 posts, read 179,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayDiva View Post
Depends of the the level of accommodations you want. It might be enough you're not picky and you're okay with simple, mediocre or spartan accommodations but I don't see it being enough for a luxurious experience.

I don't need anything fancy. Just a place to sleep and shower. I was thinking hostels and crashing couches.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:42 PM

6,316 posts, read 6,970,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespykidinseattle View Post
I don't need anything fancy. Just a place to sleep and shower. I was thinking hostels and crashing couches.
Sounds like plenty to me then. If you are frugal you really could do it for $1k. So several thousand will allow you to have some fun too.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:45 PM

351 posts, read 550,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespykidinseattle View Post
Thinking of spending 3-4 weeks in the Philippines sometime in 2017.

I'm creating a budget now of $5k for travel expenses, not including airline ticket.

Is $5k enough for that amount of time?

I plan on doing a lot of snorkeling, diving, whale watching, etc.
I don't know how much $$ snorkeling, diving, and whale watching runs, but by comparison, I spent 21 days in the Philippines a few months ago and made it under $4K and that's including airline ticket. And it wasn't (for me, anyway) being frugal. I didn't go overboard but stayed in good hotels and dined well.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:16 PM

3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Westerners live pretty well in the Philippines on less than $1000 a month, so $5000 would be plenty for a trip.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,425 times
Hi friends Please tell me which best places to visit in Philippines?..

Old 12-28-2015, 09:53 AM

351 posts, read 550,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanaperumal View Post
It depends on your interests and what you want to do. Whether you want to spend time in a big city or hiking or diving or whatever. The Philippines is inexpensive but your budget matters too.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:10 AM

2,701 posts, read 908,566 times
You're going to love the mosquitoes. They prefer biting on the ankles and if they don't get you while asleep, they get you when you're eating at the table or sitting on the pot, cause those are the only times you'll be holding still. The thing about them is, they are very potent. A bite will itch for weeks and usually you will itch the bites while sleeping, waking up with bloody mosquito bites. Advice: Always have an electric fan, they can't fly in the wind.

BTW - I'm an American and during my life I've lived in the Philippines for long periods of time. So I know the Philippines very well. $5K for a few weeks is complete overkill unless you plan on really painting the town red and living large. But that type of actions going to attract some "elements" that you may not want or be ready for.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:32 PM

27 posts, read 25,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanaperumal View Post

If you are going for the "ladies" two words; Angeles City....about 2 hours north of Manila. No place like it on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia