U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 04:34 PM

24 posts, read 15,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
All the more reason why non-Asians need to stay the hell out of internal Asian affairs, IMO. Let the Japanese and Koreans worry about it themselves without outsiders butting in
So rude. Everyone debates like that
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 05:03 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,813,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Wtf View Post
First of all im South Korean
And I think it is not finished yet.
As yall know Japan teaches fake history to citizens. I believe that this problem meet resolution when Japan accepts to teach real history to their citizens. I believe Japan would finally succeeds that.
Why South Korea is rewriting its history books - BBC News

Looks like South Korea doesn't teach real history either.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:44 PM

919 posts, read 602,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
Why do you keep deflecting? And why can't you see that such behaviour only confirms that Japan is not serious about understanding the wrong doing in the war? Your link has a fundamental problem, it sounds like pure propaganda when you talk about going to war to get rid of a certain dictatorship in another country, and trying to bring an analogy with Irak.
I hope I always go with evidence. Those links aren't showing any evidence at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
What happened in Irak was wrong, and Japan was wrong during the war. Colonization was wrong as well. Full stop.
What you are saying is this: Once you made a mistake, so you are a 100% wrong person.

I don't agree with you at all.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:51 PM

919 posts, read 602,484 times
Quote:
You are really annoying and I don't want you in here unless you show that you listen to what other said.
Thanks.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Why South Korea is rewriting its history books - BBC News

Looks like South Korea doesn't teach real history either.
Yeah, ur right.
Our president is definitely the worst president in the history

Old 01-16-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, ur right.
Our president is definitely the worst president in the history
The rest of Asia should learn how to approach China from her. It is a perfect example of realism which is sorely lacking in most of Asia when it comes to foreign policy.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
The rest of Asia should learn how to approach China from her. It is a perfect example of realism which is sorely lacking in most of Asia when it comes to foreign policy.
The fragility of truth | The Economist

Old 01-17-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you are sending me this. If you are telling me China doesn't teach history the "right way" then I already know that. I wonder if South Korea teaches their students that Korean settlers illegally settled and displaced Chinese people in Manchuria as subjects of the Imperial Japan or if South Korea teaches that Korean camp guards tortured POWs in Bataan and all over Asia during WWII.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you are sending me this. If you are telling me China doesn't teach history the "right way" then I already know that. I wonder if South Korea teaches their students that Korean settlers illegally settled and displaced Chinese people in Manchuria as subjects of the Imperial Japan or if South Korea teaches that Korean camp guards tortured POWs in Bataan and all over Asia during WWII.
As you know, no history books are perfect. But some history textbook gone seriously wrong. Such as Chinese, Japanese, Pakistani and North Korean textbook is a good example of 'distortion'. I am not bragging, but our textbook problem is nothing compared to them. I also not being mean to you, but American history also has some problems just like Korean textbooks got.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:40 AM

Quote:
As you know, no history books are perfect. But some history textbook gone seriously wrong. Such as Chinese, Japanese, Pakistani and North Korean textbook is a good example of 'distortion'. I am not bragging, but our textbook problem is nothing compared to them. I also not being mean to you, but American history also has some problems just like Korean textbooks got.
Somehow Koreans (except for the North) don't seem to care or mind that Americans murdered more Koreans in the Korean War than the Japanese did in their entire period of colonization. No Nanjing style massacre occurred on Korean soil during any period of time during the colonial period. If you are insinuating that I don't know about American atrocities, I will say you are wrong. America had its own Bataan death march in the Philippines during the Philippine-American War and many would characterize what they did in the Philippines to be genocide but this fact is largely ignored or forgotten in most American textbooks. America has also refused to apologize to Koreans over No-Gun-Ri but somehow this doesn't seem to anger Koreans as much as much as what Japan does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or