Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 10:11 PM

24 posts, read 22,675 times

Advertisements

First of all im South Korean
And I think it is not finished yet.
As yall know Japan teaches fake history to citizens. I believe that this problem meet resolution when Japan accepts to teach real history to their citizens. I believe Japan would finally succeeds that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 12:05 AM

919 posts, read 840,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Wtf View Post
First of all im South Korean
And I think it is not finished yet.
As yall know Japan teaches fake history to citizens. I believe that this problem meet resolution when Japan accepts to teach real history to their citizens. I believe Japan would finally succeeds that.
Teach me real history then.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Teach me real history then.
I assume you are aware of the many sordid atrocities committed by the Imperial Japanese Army (and, to a much lesser extent, the Navy as well) during the course of the war. Just to name a few, there's the Rape of Nanking, the Bataan Death March, Unit 731, the colonization of Korea, the "comfort women" issue, the torture and murder of numerous prisoners of war in violation of the Geneva Convention, and so on. And of course, there's the one that got the U.S. involved: the attack on Pearl Harbor without having declared war.

If your response to what I've written is "Those things never happened," then I would say that, unfortunately, you've learned the lessons taught (and not taught) by Japan's schools. If your response is "I don't know about these things but I will study and learn about them" then I would say that's a good start. If your response is "Those things were terrible but they were in the past and we should move on," I would agree with that. (But then again, I'm not East Asian; I belong to a more "forgive and forget" culture.) And if your response is "Japan should render a deep, heartfelt apology based on sincere remorse at the horrible things done in their name," then I think you'll find a receptive audience here.

That said, another poster has stated that it is in China's interests to keep the animosity going. If Japan were to issue a true apology, then the onus falls on China to accept it. If they won't, then really I see nothing else that Japan could do.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I assume you are aware of the many sordid atrocities committed by the Imperial Japanese Army (and, to a much lesser extent, the Navy as well) during the course of the war. Just to name a few, there's the Rape of Nanking, the Bataan Death March, Unit 731, the colonization of Korea, the "comfort women" issue, the torture and murder of numerous prisoners of war in violation of the Geneva Convention, and so on. And of course, there's the one that got the U.S. involved: the attack on Pearl Harbor without having declared war.

If your response to what I've written is "Those things never happened," then I would say that, unfortunately, you've learned the lessons taught (and not taught) by Japan's schools. If your response is "I don't know about these things but I will study and learn about them" then I would say that's a good start. If your response is "Those things were terrible but they were in the past and we should move on," I would agree with that. (But then again, I'm not East Asian; I belong to a more "forgive and forget" culture.) And if your response is "Japan should render a deep, heartfelt apology based on sincere remorse at the horrible things done in their name," then I think you'll find a receptive audience here.
OK. You wrote what you believe.

Now tell me how Japanese schools teach false history with evidence, thx.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
OK. You wrote what you believe.

Now tell me how Japanese schools teach false history with evidence, thx.
Happy to oblige:

What Japanese history lessons leave out - BBC News

Why Japan’s Textbook Controversy Is Getting Worse | The Diplomat

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/29/wo...exts.html?_r=0

And there's plenty more where that came from.

It's not a question of what I believe, but rather what has been documented through extensive witness testimony, photographic evidence, etc.

Maybe "false history" is too strong. From what I understand, the issue is not so much that Japan is lying, per se, but rather that they're downplaying or omitting certain unpleasant aspects of their history.

In the United States, when a witness takes the stand in a court case, he swears to "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." Japan would do well to follow this example.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Happy to oblige:

What Japanese history lessons leave out - BBC News

Why Japan’s Textbook Controversy Is Getting Worse | The Diplomat

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/29/wo...exts.html?_r=0

And there's plenty more where that came from.

It's not a question of what I believe, but rather what has been documented through extensive witness testimony, photographic evidence, etc.

Maybe "false history" is too strong. From what I understand, the issue is not so much that Japan is lying, per se, but rather that they're downplaying or omitting certain unpleasant aspects of their history.

In the United States, when a witness takes the stand in a court case, he swears to "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." Japan would do well to follow this example.
There is only one blurred picture which I can't read. Other than that, no evidence or quote at all.

Read this first?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
There is only one blurred picture which I can't read. Other than that, no evidence or quote at all.

Read this first?

Sorry the links didn't work for you. Google 'Japan textbook controversy' (without the quotes) and you'll find these articles and a whole lot more.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry the links didn't work for you. Google 'Japan textbook controversy' (without the quotes) and you'll find these articles and a whole lot more.
How about replacing 'Japan' with 'Korea'? You should google that as well.

Have you read the page I introduced?

Old 01-15-2016, 08:54 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
All the more reason why non-Asians need to stay the hell out of internal Asian affairs, IMO. Let the Japanese and Koreans worry about it themselves without outsiders butting in

Old 01-16-2016, 01:58 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,179 times
Quote:
How about replacing 'Japan' with 'Korea'? You should google that as well.

Have you read the page I introduced?
Why do you keep deflecting? And why can't you see that such behaviour only confirms that Japan is not serious about understanding the wrong doing in the war? Your link has a fundamental problem, it sounds like pure propaganda when you talk about going to war to get rid of a certain dictatorship in another country, and trying to bring an analogy with Irak.

This is the same BS as European countries claiming at some point that colonies were good for humanity because they were bringing civilization and science. Hint: this is no more what is being taught in European schools. Quite the contrary.

What happened in Irak was wrong, and Japan was wrong during the war. Colonization was wrong as well. Full stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia