U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:07 PM

245 posts, read 156,057 times

Advertisements

Having lived in Asia a number of years I have a sense of respect for VN women. Thinking about taking a year off to go and relax in Vietnam and date around and see if anything substantial presents itself.

My general impression of VN women is they are very traditional and loyal in regards to her family and man. On the other side I get the impression they can be quite jealous and maybe controlling.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 PM

2,701 posts, read 909,815 times
Well I had a Vietnamese fiancé a few years ago. We dated for three serious years. She's from Saigon but has been in America since high school. You can't stereotype the entire Vietnamese race so it's probably going to depend on the woman. All I can say is if you get one like what I had, get ready for a very emotional and psychological roller coaster. Our relationship ended after three years because I just couldn't take the mental issues that she has. I also currently have a Vietnamese female friend who is temporarily staying at my home while she gets her life back on track, or in better terms tries to get her life back on track, and she's a serious emotional and psychological wreck. She's improved drastically since first coming to stay at my place this past summer but she's got a lot to go and I'm not so sure if she will make it. The things my Vietnamese fiancé and this other Vietnamese chick have in common are they were both born in Saigon, they also both have some type of serious emotional and psychological issues. I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with Agent Orange used in Vietnam during the war. I've met an America chick who had the same mental issues and she told me she had this due to the Agent Orange that her father had been exposed to before she was born, which he had passed on to her. She told me this years ago and I just figured she was a wacko. But after my Vietnamese fiancé and then this second Vietnamese chick friend of mine, I'm starting to reevaluate my opinion about it.

Again, not saying all Vietnamese women are like this, but just be aware.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:55 PM

1,424 posts, read 735,908 times
According to "western standards", East Asian women (including Vietnamese) are all control freaks.
They will push their husband to be as "successful" as possible, and do the same to their children.

On the other hand, many western men who are interested in Asian women do not really belong to the "successful-oriented" category. Among such couples, often times the wife outsmarts the husband, and things can get ugly if the husband cannot handle that.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 PM

2,701 posts, read 909,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
According to "western standards", East Asian women (including Vietnamese) are all control freaks.
They will push their husband to be as "successful" as possible, and do the same to their children.

On the other hand, many western men who are interested in Asian women do not really belong to the "successful-oriented" category. Among such couples, often times the wife outsmarts the husband, and things can get ugly if the husband cannot handle that.
Almost all women are control freaks. Out of the dozens and dozens and dozens of male friends I've had over several years of my life and from various ethnic backgrounds, not one of the married guys had the inside of the house the way he wanted it. The inside of the house has always been the way SHE wants it. That's even true before my own lifetime.

In regards to pushing their kids to be the best, yeah tiger moms exist. I'd be more successful today had my mother been a tiger mom instead of a liberal party animal. That's for sure.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:19 PM

28 posts, read 23,002 times
East Asian women look for the best successful man, career and money wise.

Other factors of the man are much less important, such as physical attractiveness and romantic.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:23 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,180,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalage3 View Post
East Asian women look for the best successful man, career and money wise.

Other factors of the man are much less important, such as physical attractiveness and romantic.
You're not gonna find a hot model (by Asian standards) being attracted to a nerdy looking person, all things being equal otherwise. People of similar levels of attractiveness date each other. It's universal, unless the "reacher" has $$$$. One of my past Chinese friends would be considered a beefcake even in the West, and his wife is extremely good looking.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 PM

28 posts, read 23,002 times
There are many cases of hot women by Asian standards attracted to RICH and nerdy looking Asian men in East Asia. Come to East Asia, you can see many such couples everywhere.

The qualities of men the women in East Asia are looking for are more or less the same when you read their ads looking for a boyfriend or husband. Almost no women mentioned about the men's look, height and weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You're not gonna find a hot model (by Asian standards) being attracted to a nerdy looking person, all things being equal otherwise. People of similar levels of attractiveness date each other. It's universal, unless the "reacher" has $$$$. One of my past Chinese friends would be considered a beefcake even in the West, and his wife is extremely good looking.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:00 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,180,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalage3 View Post
There are many cases of hot women by Asian standards attracted to RICH and nerdy looking Asian men in East Asia. Come to East Asia, you can see many such couples everywhere.

The qualities of men the women in East Asia are looking for are more or less the same when you read their ads looking for a boyfriend or husband. Almost no women mentioned about the men's look, height and weight.
Oh of course. All things being equal, having extremely high earnings will trump most of anyone's shortcomings. Me, personally, I'd rather date someone in my same financial class.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:12 AM

8 posts, read 5,806 times
Vietnamese women are always the bestttttttttttttttt !

Old 01-07-2016, 01:21 AM

1,424 posts, read 735,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh of course. All things being equal, having extremely high earnings will trump most of anyone's shortcomings. Me, personally, I'd rather date someone in my same financial class.
Very few Chinese women will marry a man with lower level of education.
If a woman has a graduate degree, she expects the same for her husband.

In America, degree is far less important. A PhD woman marrying a man without a college degree is not something too odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or