U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2016, 06:30 AM
 
Location: Manhattan, NYC
902 posts, read 632,099 times
Reputation: 834

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
So you want the spread of nuclear weapons?
As long as the US intervene straight away, it's not a big deal. Countries like Japan with such a past should not be allowed to have a real army anyway, it's just best for them, if they cannot control themselves as they showed it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2016, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,426 posts, read 12,430,967 times
Reputation: 4861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
As long as the US intervene straight away, it's not a big deal. Countries like Japan with such a past should not be allowed to have a real army anyway, it's just best for them, if they cannot control themselves as they showed it already.
Germany should not have a army too then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Manhattan, NYC
902 posts, read 632,099 times
Reputation: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Germany should not have a army too then.
And Germany voluntarily does not have a strong military force, in case you did not notice. They decided to restrict themselves. And they certainly do not pursue the nuclear weapon.

Under NATO protection Germany has physical presence of nuclear heads but they cannot be triggered without codes provided by the US DoD.

So yeah, Japan should just do just like Germany, in term of military force or future generation's education, and it will be a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Manhattan, NYC
902 posts, read 632,099 times
Reputation: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Korea will not allow that after what Japan did the last time, and China will make sure Japan plays nice over there for the same reason. But say for some reason it DID happen, and we got JapRea. There would be a lot more wacky adult material, but it would be easier to get since the Japan sex industry would be right there in Korea. They would be forced to call Kimbap makizushi and everybody would have a cat. LOL LOL (moment to laugh) but then China would get concerned, become aggressive and take over BOTH Koreas and Japan.

Then some factions in the new JapRea would call on the USA to become involved. But since the USA spent much of its money and military resources in the Middle East and gets all its W"lmart goods from China, the politicians would refuse to get involved. The end result would be massive enlargement of Chinese territory. Per Kinkytoes. The end .

Referenes:
Neo Facism in Japan
The Island Dispute No One Is Talking About | The National Interest
First Sino-Japanese War History (1894-95)
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-mitter-review
Why JapRea? It could as well be KorPan )) Actually that name sounds easier to pronounce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2017, 01:35 AM
 
55 posts, read 33,088 times
Reputation: 15
Ask if the Republic of Ireland and the UK unite too?


Did you know Japan invaded Korea 2 times in the past 500 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2017, 05:52 PM
 
277 posts, read 205,356 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusianahalim View Post
how about Malaysia and Indonesia unite too? i would love it.

btw, maybe for a normal person, when you hear japanese and korean speaking, you will say that the language is the same. but if you have watch korean movie a lot, then you will realize that those two language is so different in many way.
so i'm gonna say no if they both unite.
Population, economic disparity between Indonesia and Malaysia is huge. Joining them two would just create more havoc. Malaysia is not developed enough to run a united front, Indonesia is too far behind say a South Korea to be of any benefit. Keeping the countries apart would be smart as is.


South Korea and Japan to a greater extend are already world class developed countries. They face similar challenges (living next to North Korea, China and Russia), joining forces would be beneficial to both countries both militarily and economically.


Think about it for a second, the main benefits is military, I'm not saying all out become the next USA or Japan WW2 Inc. reincarnated but it could free up Japan to focus on military gear, precision equipment to export to others in Asia and beyond - great for an ailing economy. Shift all precision, high tech industries to Japan.


South Korea can benefit by creating the middle-high tech industries - e.g. automobiles to solidify the union. Established Japanese marques like Lexus can then look at taking on the German and Swedish in higher end luxury markets. Basically South Korea can also keep China at bay in electronics but moving up and quicker in the chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2017, 09:56 PM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,188,447 times
Reputation: 11624
Quote:
Originally Posted by willister View Post
Population, economic disparity between Indonesia and Malaysia is huge. Joining them two would just create more havoc. Malaysia is not developed enough to run a united front, Indonesia is too far behind say a South Korea to be of any benefit. Keeping the countries apart would be smart as is.


South Korea and Japan to a greater extend are already world class developed countries. They face similar challenges (living next to North Korea, China and Russia), joining forces would be beneficial to both countries both militarily and economically.


Think about it for a second, the main benefits is military, I'm not saying all out become the next USA or Japan WW2 Inc. reincarnated but it could free up Japan to focus on military gear, precision equipment to export to others in Asia and beyond - great for an ailing economy. Shift all precision, high tech industries to Japan.


South Korea can benefit by creating the middle-high tech industries - e.g. automobiles to solidify the union. Established Japanese marques like Lexus can then look at taking on the German and Swedish in higher end luxury markets. Basically South Korea can also keep China at bay in electronics but moving up and quicker in the chain.
You don't need a united government to do any of what you are proposing. It's more easily accomplished through trade treaties than economic and political unity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2017, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Land of Free Johnson-Weld-2016
6,473 posts, read 13,960,521 times
Reputation: 6436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Ask if the Republic of Ireland and the UK unite too?


Did you know Japan invaded Korea 2 times in the past 500 years?
LOL IKR I'm totally in shock that this thread is still alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top