Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 10:05 PM

280 posts, read 339,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Wtf View Post
And it sounds silly for koreans like me. But if European Union succeed to unite to one country, Korea and Japan should merge like them
I have a few Korean friends who think (after they initially got over the knee jerk reaction) it's actually not a bad idea if a few ideological issues were overcome.

Let's not kid around, Japanese are basically mainly of Korean ancestry mixed with some Ainu and possibly Chinese blood.

You can obviously tell there are quite a few stark differences say between Japanese and Chinese cultures but not so Japanese and Korean, a lot of outsiders often mistaken both cultures (Japanese and Korean) as the same culture.

If the Japanese decided not to colonise Korea but rather develop it and somehow incorporate them into mainland Japan at the time, it would work a hell of a lot better and lets be honest, a lot of the gripes of today was due to how poorly the Japanese treated the Koreans. Hypothetically, if the Japanese never did conquer Korea back in 1910, this question would be a lot more viable....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 10:24 PM

24 posts, read 22,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willister View Post
I have a few Korean friends who think (after they initially got over the knee jerk reaction) it's actually not a bad idea if a few ideological issues were overcome.

Let's not kid around, Japanese are basically mainly of Korean ancestry mixed with some Ainu and possibly Chinese blood.

You can obviously tell there are quite a few stark differences say between Japanese and Chinese cultures but not so Japanese and Korean, a lot of outsiders often mistaken both cultures (Japanese and Korean) as the same culture.

If the Japanese decided not to colonise Korea but rather develop it and somehow incorporate them into mainland Japan at the time, it would work a hell of a lot better and lets be honest, a lot of the gripes of today was due to how poorly the Japanese treated the Koreans. Hypothetically, if the Japanese never did conquer Korea back in 1910, this question would be a lot more viable....
I would say Koreans are Korean, and Japanese are Japanese. It is similar as Italian vs Spanish. They r all same Latin people but it feels like they are different race.
And I agree for ur fourth paragraph, but us Koreans are offended cuz of Japanese empire's killing rape and such a bad crimes that they made

Old 01-10-2016, 11:59 PM

919 posts, read 840,225 times
Quote:
I found out this website is not trustworthy
How did you find out? Without any data or evidences, it is you who is not trustworthy.

He/she used data from an official site.

Quote:
To Yanagisawa
ここの人々は非常に賢いため、愚かなネット右翼の発言は鈍感ではありません ^ ^
And you'd better learn proper Japanese.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:03 AM

919 posts, read 840,225 times
Quote:
And I agree for ur fourth paragraph, but us Koreans are offended cuz of Japanese empire's killing rape and such a bad crimes that they made
Do you know what Koreans did in Vietnam, and still doing in Japan and other countries?

Old 01-11-2016, 10:14 AM

451 posts, read 1,324,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willister View Post

I do see what you are getting at, but I still think you are oversimplifying the similarities between South Koreans and the Japanese. For one thing, it is a bit misleading to state that the Japanese have Korean ancestry. The confusion may come from the fact that the Yayoi people came to Japan from what is now Korea. However, they came at the time before the Korean culture, language developed to its current stage. Rather, the Japanese came from what is now Korea when it was still very much “proto-Korean.†I more accurate statement would be that the Japanese and Korean have some common ancestry. (I will diverge a little and write about genetics which I have simplified-so please forgive the slight divergence, but I believe it is still relevant). From a genetic standpoint, many Japanese males have YDNA Haplogroup O2b which also many Koreans have. But, these Haplogroups can’t be translated to ethnic groups, as Haplogroups goes back thousands of years before certain ethnic groups were formed. The Japanese also have YDNA D (Jomon) which many Ainu have. Other people with YDNA D (but different subclades) are Tibetans and the present people of the Andaman Islands. And to a lesser degree, but still there, there a portion of the Japanese population with YDNA O3, which is supposedly to have originate from what is now China. NOTE: Koreans have largely YDNA O2b and O3. On the side, Mongolians are largely YDNA C3 (since in an earlier post, the idea of an “Altaic†union was brought up).

One of my Korean friends- who has lived in both South Korea and Japan does note the affinity, but also notices the difference between Koreans and Japanese. He is a native Korean speaker and was able to learn Japanese quite quickly- which he credited towards some of the structural similarities between the Korean and Japanese languages. But, he still make a point of the differences between the Japanese and Korean cultures (and will not mistaken each others' culture).

Old 01-11-2016, 11:29 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
To Yanagisawa
ここの人々は非常に賢いため、愚かなネット右翼の発言は鈍感ではありません ^ ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post

If the OP's plan comes to fruition, that sentence will be written in Hangul. (Not that I'll be able to know what it says any better then; but at least I can tell which style of writing is Japanese and which is Korean.)

Old 01-11-2016, 01:02 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
What's next?

Thailand-Burma-Laos,
Vietnam-Cambodia
Indonesia-Malaysia,
India-Bangladesh-Sri Lanka-Nepal-Bhutan,
China-Mongolia.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:56 PM

674 posts, read 611,455 times
I don't see how Japanese could be written in Hangul.

Hangul was designed with Korean phonetics and phonology in mind. No voiced-unvoiced distinction exists in the script, for example. One must exist in any script used for Japanese, because you can find many minimal pairs with the voicing the difference between the two. I suppose someone could try to use the aspirated-unaspirated characters for the voiced-unvoiced characters, sort of like a reverse version of the way Cantonese is written in Roman characters, but I'm not sure how successful that would be.

Also, for what it's worth, anyone would be insulted to be told that their culture was being taken over by some foreign culture. This is especially true when there is an implication, as we see in a couple of posts here, that one of the countries involved is somehow better and would be used to "develop" the other. That's just asking for an armed revolution.

theunbrainwashed, I should have said "adapted," not designed.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:21 PM

24 posts, read 22,675 times
Quote:
How did you find out? Without any data or evidences, it is you who is not trustworthy.

He/she used data from an official site.

In the website that character has nida. The chinky racist picture.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:17 PM

749 posts, read 856,406 times
Quote:
Do you know what Koreans did in Vietnam, and still doing in Japan and other countries?

Would you mind give all of us not familiar with Japanese-Korean relations a little background?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia