U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 10:20 PM

76 posts, read 53,964 times

Advertisements

Well I am not Chinese from China, I am Chinese ethnic from Indonesia, meaning that I have Chinese blood but I was born in Indonesia and I am currently have Indonesian citizenship. This is the first time I am making a thread here.

The main why I am making this thread is because I always hear many people say that Chinese women are ugly which is not completely true. Here in Indonesia, I have see a fair share of Chinese ethnic women who are attractive although there are some who I don't find that attractive at all. I have to been to China as well and I have seen quite a fair share of attractive women there, although there are some who are not attractive too. Even my family members, particularly my cousins are quite good looking.

When people say attractive Asian women, they would always say Japanese or Korean women.

I don't think all Japanese women are attractive. In fact, when I went to Japan three years ago I also have seen a fair share of Japanese women who I don't find that attractive.

The same thing can be said for Korean women, I don't think all Korean women are attractive, in fact some Korean women I met are kind of unattractive. Some are attractive, but nowhere as attractive as many people made them out to be. And I personally find Korean women to be a bit overrated.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:29 PM

317 posts, read 235,927 times
Depends - seem more attractive in HK and southern China. I will say that high school age folks are relatively unattractive - at school all in track suits and not allowed to wear make up. Plus there seems to be a lot of untreated acne here and dental care is lacking -)

Old 01-15-2016, 10:32 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,515 times
China has 1.3 billion people, and more if you include overseas Chinese. Some are ugly, and some are beautiful.

In fact I heard some people say Chinese women are prettier than other Asians too. So it really depends on you preference and experience.

Within China, the stereotype says women in the Northeast and near the Yangtze River are pretty.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:34 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandis View Post
Depends - seem more attractive in HK and southern China. I will say that high school age folks are relatively unattractive - at school all in track suits and not allowed to wear make up. Plus there seems to be a lot of untreated acne here and dental care is lacking -)
Actually people in China say women in Guangdong area are the most unattractive (just stating a stereotype here),

Old 01-15-2016, 11:40 PM

2,682 posts, read 905,744 times
This is rediculous to think, say, and/or believe that Chinese women are ugly.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:31 AM

4,679 posts, read 3,609,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This is rediculous to think, say, and/or believe that Chinese women are ugly.
I personally think Southeast Asian people, specifically the filipinos, Indonesians and Malaysians tend to have the least attractive features....like broad noses, broad faces and short stature. China is a mix bag and there are some seriously hot Chinese men and women, like Ning Zetao.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:51 AM

25 posts, read 52,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I personally think Southeast Asian people, specifically the filipinos, Indonesians and Malaysians tend to have the least attractive features....like broad noses, broad faces and short stature. China is a mix bag and there are some seriously hot Chinese men and women, like Ning Zetao.
Filipinos are descended from Taiwanese Aborigines, so they have longer faces rather than broad faces, but since Filipinos have mixed heavily with Chinese, there are also a lot of round faces now. But per capita, Filipinos, Indonesians, and Malaysians are much more diverse than China.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:06 AM

4,294 posts, read 3,078,115 times
Well every one has opinions about how people look this and that. There is nothing you can do about how people born with. I am not person who categorize people ugly cute handsome so and so. When completely two different races get mix then it is quiet possible kids will be different features. Other than that I did not hear any one say Chinese people ugly. What I mostly hear they look alike.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:02 AM

14,724 posts, read 10,616,557 times
Please read #10 of the Asia forum guidelines. This also borders on country bashing.

THREAD CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or