U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:38 PM

919 posts, read 605,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Could be worse..... whale burger or dolphin nuggets.
What's wrong with those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 PM

4,635 posts, read 3,983,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I'm surprised Wendy's didn't do this first. Don't people like to dip their fries in their chocolate frostys?
I guess they'll have to innovate the fry straw...

Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 PM

2,751 posts, read 920,345 times
This sounds like it wouldn't taste that good. But I can't say for sure until I try it. Interestingly, the only time I eat at McD's is while in Japan because they serve the filet o fish sandwiches on the breakfast menu. McD's Filet O Fish is like one of the very few "round" things I eat while I'm there, and I'm not talking the shape of the food. I'm talking as in round eye food. Nothing like a few of those on a cold morning on my way to work while I was living there. Wonder if MOS Burger is doing this too with the chocolate fries.

Last edited by FC76-81; 01-20-2016 at 10:16 PM..

Old 01-20-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Heh - I just linked to this in the thread asking about french fry toppings. These folks put mayonnaise, potatoes, hot dogs, tuna, and corn on their pizza. I wonder how much actual chocolate is in the chocolate sauce that McDonald's will be using?
That used to be a really big deal with pizza in Japan. Anyone living there would tell you about the all you can eat pizza specials for like ¥1,000 at Shakeys. I tripped out the first time I saw the corn and stuff on a pizza over there.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:21 AM

5,661 posts, read 2,938,084 times
Potatoes and sweet don't mix well although a little sweet and tangy like catsup works well.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:24 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,350,724 times
I used to dip potato chips in jelly when I was a kid, I can't believe I used to do that.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:06 AM

958 posts, read 1,550,988 times
I bet it would taste much better than a chunk of spaghetti(without any spaghetti/tomato sauce) dipped in chocolate pudding.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:47 AM

7,142 posts, read 8,901,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This sounds like it wouldn't taste that good. But I can't say for sure until I try it. Interestingly, the only time I eat at McD's is while in Japan because they serve the filet o fish sandwiches on the breakfast menu. McD's Filet O Fish is like one of the very few "round" things I eat while I'm there, and I'm not talking the shape of the food. I'm talking as in round eye food. Nothing like a few of those on a cold morning on my way to work while I was living there. Wonder if MOS Burger is doing this too with the chocolate fries.
It wouldn’t surprise me considering the marinara sauce that they pore all over their burgers. But I just checked the menu on their website. For French fries, onion rings, and chicken nuggets, the only complements they mention are ketchup and mustard for ¥40 extra.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Potatoes and sweet don't mix well although a little sweet and tangy like catsup works well.
I used to love dipping my McD's potato fries in the McNuggets sweet & sour sauce.

I've been told by people that garlic flavored ice cream tastes good. That sounds awful but for some reason they make this to taste good. I've never tried it myself before though.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
It wouldn’t surprise me considering the marinara sauce that they pore all over their burgers. But I just checked the menu on their website. For French fries, onion rings, and chicken nuggets, the only complements they mention are ketchup and mustard for ¥40 extra.
The extra yen for ketchup reminds me of when I went to McD's in Japan for the first few times, we "American's" would put lots of ketchup on our fries. The Japanese would freak over that cause to them, one packet of ketchup should be enough for a few orders of large fries. We used to put at least three packets of ketchup on just one order of large fries. That's probably how the evolved into charging 40 yen extra for the condiment.

I'm surprised they don't charge for extra mayonnaise. Seems like the Japanese put that condiment on more things than ketchup plus when they do, they use more of it too compared to ketchup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or