U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 05:00 AM

4,685 posts, read 3,614,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
Philippines & Vietnam (although I'm sure you're aware of it)
And your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Huh? The Chinese attacked because the Vietnamese had deposed their genocidal buddy Pol Pot in Cambodia. You really do drink the PRC kool aid don't you? Hopefully there will not be another war between the two countries, but if so, I'm sure you'll enjoy watching the footage from your armchair in your living room.
The lunatic Pol Pot was a puppet. His bloody regime and China's support if it out of desperation (to stem Soviet influence in SE Asia through vietnam) is perhaps the PRC's biggest foreign policy blemish ever.....

Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM

542 posts, read 489,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
And your point?
My point is that you're an a##, just like the chineez communist gubment that you support and promote.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
My point is that you're an a##, just like the chineez communist gubment that you support and promote.

Ok. Sorry that I hurt your feelings, little man.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:09 PM

542 posts, read 489,781 times
Quote:
Ok. Sorry that I hurt your feelings, little man.
I'll get over it I suppose.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 AM

268 posts, read 324,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
The document you linked is the US official document on China's claim in SCS. While the document is comprehensive and complete, it concluded that China's claim is unclear with 3 possible interpretations. With that, it is not much better than comments here in this thread.
The point was to show that the situation is a lot more complex than some people are making it out to be, and to give some basis for any future arguments on the topic. Personally I felt I didn't have enough knowledge on the subject to speak or write intelligently about it until after I read that document. And I've been trying to follow what's going on for some time.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:52 AM

Here is someone who is sane and didn't drink the kool-aid on the so-called "Chinese threat to commercial shipping.".....

China

Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 AM

1,789 posts, read 1,449,666 times
Quote:
Yes, and your fine education has also imparted to you a fine command of basic English grammar and syntax indeed. If you are an example of a well traveled American, then I have nothing else to say. LOL.
I was joking around, I guess you didn't get that. w/e

Seriously though, I do get out a lot especially in Asia. Married to one and we still own a home over there, so yes I do get out a lot to that part of the world.

As far as this thread goes, I really don't care about China's view on it. They have done enough raping and pillaging of the US economy so I really don't care if they are right or not. If the US were to make them come to some agreement where they stopped stealing industry tech and enforce copyright protections in return for some understanding about this, well then I would talk about that some.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I was joking around, I guess you didn't get that. w/e

Seriously though, I do get out a lot especially in Asia. Married to one and we still own a home over there, so yes I do get out a lot to that part of the world.

As far as this thread goes, I really don't care about China's view on it. They have done enough raping and pillaging of the US economy so I really don't care if they are right or not. If the US were to make them come to some agreement where they stopped stealing industry tech and enforce copyright protections in return for some understanding about this, well then I would talk about that some.
The US is a superpower, and it has been one for the past 100 years or so. Do you really think that this country's government and its captains of industries would so easily be "raped and pillaged" by the Chinese? You have a very unsophisticated understanding of the global economy to be making such a statement. My statement about your education level isn't far from the mark.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:54 PM

4,517 posts, read 3,099,103 times
Quote:
The US is a superpower, and it has been one for the past 100 years or so.
and lets keep it that way.

Quote:
Do you really think that this country's government and its captains of industries would so easily be "raped and pillaged" by the Chinese?
They already have. the PRC basically owns the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or