U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2016, 01:20 PM
 
4,338 posts, read 2,261,255 times
Reputation: 5588

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
OMG, are you kidding me? I don't think the American Republic, or the British empire, had the "independence" of Central and Southern American states in mind when the Monroe Doctrine was coined...!!!!What kool-aid jug are you drinking from, genius!???? LOL, ROTFLOL!!!
...kind of like the Chinese help free the Tibetians from slavery by invading bringing millions of Chinese there to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2016, 01:20 PM
 
4,674 posts, read 3,607,316 times
Reputation: 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
move to the PRC if you feel so strongly about their sovereignty.
So, this is all you have to add? Sometimes staying quiet is far better for those with nothing between their ears. At least others might be fooled into thinking otherwise. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 01:24 PM
 
4,674 posts, read 3,607,316 times
Reputation: 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
...kind of like the Chinese help free the Tibetians from slavery by invading bringing millions of Chinese there to live.
Yeah, kinda....in your simple mind, I can see the parallel. In any case, Great Powers do what they do. What's funny is the hypocrisy of the US now telling China not to do this or that, when the US did everything imaginable under the sun. That's the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,509 posts, read 3,090,953 times
Reputation: 3355
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So, this is all you have to add? Sometimes staying quiet is far better for those with nothing between their ears. At least others might be fooled into thinking otherwise. LOL
why don't you stay quiet? You certainly don't seem to have anything between your ears with all the crazy garbage you are talking. May be you should see a neurologist like someone else in this topic suggested.

You want the PRC to rise and subjugate other countries even at the expense of US's prosperity which is the country where you live and enjoy its freedoms, quality of life, sanitation, healthcare, and clean air. Things that the PRC will never offer you. In fact, rich chinese try to get out of china and hide their money elsewhere...like NYC real estate or Vancouver. The President Xi's daughter even went to Harvard. Not some elite school in the PRC.

You're not even a mainland Han. You're white woman living in the US. A nationalist PRC citizen views you as the enemy trying to destroy the middle kingdom like its the 19th century again. They view you as a barbarian or "dirty gualo" white foreign devil since you are not one of the Han and a potential spy that could be bought cheaply.

If you want to stop injustice in the US, why don't help black people and their fight for equal policing? Or do Black live not matter? Or PRC citizens > US black citizens?

Or why don't you go help Peter Liang get free? If he was a white police officer, he would have gotten off. He's chinese. You should go help me because you love the chinese so much.

Don't be a hypocrite now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 04:09 PM
 
4,674 posts, read 3,607,316 times
Reputation: 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
why don't you stay quiet? You certainly don't seem to have anything between your ears with all the crazy garbage you are talking. May be you should see a neurologist like someone else in this topic suggested.

You want the PRC to rise and subjugate other countries even at the expense of US's prosperity which is the country where you live and enjoy its freedoms, quality of life, sanitation, healthcare, and clean air. Things that the PRC will never offer you. In fact, rich chinese try to get out of china and hide their money elsewhere...like NYC real estate or Vancouver. The President Xi's daughter even went to Harvard. Not some elite school in the PRC.

You're not even a mainland Han. You're white woman living in the US. A nationalist PRC citizen views you as the enemy trying to destroy the middle kingdom like its the 19th century again. They view you as a barbarian or "dirty gualo" white foreign devil since you are not one of the Han and a potential spy that could be bought cheaply.

If you want to stop injustice in the US, why don't help black people and their fight for equal policing? Or do Black live not matter? Or PRC citizens > US black citizens?

Or why don't you go help Peter Liang get free? If he was a white police officer, he would have gotten off. He's chinese. You should go help me because you love the chinese so much.

Don't be a hypocrite now.
Please re-read your own rant before you suggest that I "see a neurologist."LOL. Talk about a break down! Take it easy. Nobody takes you seriously, so you shouldn't either. Get over yourself, little boy! An "enemy of the PRC" indeed! LOL!

"Or why don't you go help Peter Liang get free? If he was a white police officer, he would have gotten off. He's chinese. You should go help me because you love the chinese so much."...

What? Why should I help you? You are losing it, little boy. Are you Peter Liang? Off to jail? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,509 posts, read 3,090,953 times
Reputation: 3355
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Please re-read your own rant before you suggest that I "see a neurologist."LOL. Talk about a break down! Take it easy. Nobody takes you seriously, so you shouldn't either. Get over yourself, little boy! An "enemy of the PRC" indeed! LOL!

"Or why don't you go help Peter Liang get free? If he was a white police officer, he would have gotten off. He's chinese. You should go help me because you love the chinese so much."...

What? Why should I help you? You are losing it, little boy. Are you Peter Liang? Off to jail? LOL
You really should go see one.

And no know. I don't need you help. I meant help him. That was typo. You only help people of the Han.

Get over yourself, little penny. I think you're an enemy of the US quite honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2016, 02:44 AM
 
4,674 posts, read 3,607,316 times
Reputation: 7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
You really should go see one.

And no know. I don't need you help. I meant help him. That was typo. You only help people of the Han.

Get over yourself, little penny. I think you're an enemy of the US quite honestly.
You clearly did not pay attention in grammar school. You don't just have "typo", but you have disjointed sentences that make no sense. Poor command of the English language makes you look like a fool when you try to use it to insult others. And calling me "little" only demonstrates your lack of imagination because you directly plagiarized my term for you, "little boy." LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2016, 03:15 PM
 
32 posts, read 142,128 times
Reputation: 49
Reading pots from OP's makes me remembered some of my co-workers. Always bad mouths about this country, which opened its arms for them (all of them came from other countries, myself included). I had always wanted to say something like: "If you hate this country so much, why don't you get the f... out. There is the door for you. No body puts their gun over your head to make you stay".

Last edited by tn2006; 02-29-2016 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2016, 04:23 PM
 
542 posts, read 489,096 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn2006 View Post
Reading pots from OP's makes me remembered some of my co-workers. Always bad mouths about this country, which opened its arms for them (all of them came from other countries, myself included). I had always wanted to say something like: "If you hate this country so much, why don't you get the f... out. There is the door for you. No body puts their gun over your head to make you stay".
Well said. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2016, 06:04 PM
 
1,089 posts, read 477,070 times
Reputation: 739
Back to the topic ...

From a risk-reward standpoint, it's not worth it for the US to go to war with China over the islands. Freedom of Navigation (FON) is an excuse to go to war -- everyone knows that. Then, there is the question of return from the war. The islands themselves are not worth much to the US; the Philippines and Vietnam are not real allies. At minimum, they don't want a war between US-China in the area. China, OTOH, is a strong adversary unlike Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria ...

China mostly likely is pursuing some strategic pivots at sea over there. For a rising land power as China is, that maybe the logical steps to challenge a global power and a sea power as the US is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top