U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 PM

12,334 posts, read 18,441,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
OMG, are you kidding me? I don't think the American Republic, or the British empire, had the "independence" of Central and Southern American states in mind when the Monroe Doctrine was coined...!!!!What kool-aid jug are you drinking from, genius!???? LOL, ROTFLOL!!!
SO your counter-argument consists of:

OMG,
!!!!
LOL
ROTFLOL

Gee thanks for a articulate and well thought-out response. You just passed 7th-grade/pre-teen-level texting competency. Congrats! To repeat your response to another poster:

Quote:
So, this is all you have to add?

Last edited by Dd714; 02-29-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:11 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,817,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
Back to the topic ...

From a risk-reward standpoint, it's not worth it for the US to go to war with China over the islands. Freedom of Navigation (FON) is an excuse to go to war -- everyone knows that. Then, there is the question of return from the war. The islands themselves are not worth much to the US; the Philippines and Vietnam are not real allies. At minimum, they don't want a war between US-China in the area. China, OTOH, is a strong adversary unlike Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria ...

China mostly likely is pursuing some strategic pivots at sea over there. For a rising land power as China is, that maybe the logical steps to challenge a global power and a sea power as the US is.
Getting Americans to get on board to go to war on behalf of foreign countries (especially non white ones) is an extremely difficult sell. The only way Americans would get on board is if China attacks the US first but that seems highly unlikely and China is very aware that attacking the US will galvanize the American population to go to war. If China continues to build bases in the region and not attack anyone, they will dominate the South China Sea without firing a shot.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:59 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,626,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn2006 View Post
Reading pots from OP's makes me remembered some of my co-workers. Always bad mouths about this country, which opened its arms for them (all of them came from other countries, myself included). I had always wanted to say something like: "If you hate this country so much, why don't you get the f... out. There is the door for you. No body puts their gun over your head to make you stay".
Well, I was born here so I really don't have anywhere else to go. The good thing about the US, which other places don't have, is that little thing call freedom of..... Of course, mental midgets like little boy and his cohorts will always use it to retort against my complaints. And one of them even has the nerve to call me a "seventh grader" when I point out the vacuous nature of little boy's posts....ridiculous. In any case, all these insults are off topic.

I agree that so long as China continue to build in the SCS, it will come completely under Chinese control. no matter how many US destroyers sail through or how loud the little vietcongs in their pajamas or little filipino fishermen whine.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:32 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,283,905 times
you will eventually have to accept that SCS to China is like the Caribbean's to the USA. SCS will largely fall under the control of China. The US will make some noise like it always does, but it will not fight against China for the sake of what, the Philippines and Vietnam?

It is not about justice or who should do what. it is about what a big country is capable of. Now the US claims "freedom of navigation", right. It always claims whatever suits its agenda.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:36 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,185,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
It's just bad precedent. Go out in the middle of international waters somewhere, build and island, and claim it's part of your country. I don't think so.

Or even better, go find some endangered coral reef and pour concrete over it and then claim its "land." Especially when your country is virtually single handed responsible for the demand for massacring rare rhinos and tigers to take parts of their body based on some preposterous "traditional" medicine bullcrap and murdering elephants so you can have some cheesy awful ivory trinket.

And then pour as much particle pollution as possible into the atmosphere on top of that.

Yes that should do it.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:39 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,185,034 times
Quote:
Well, I was born here so I really don't have anywhere else to go. The good thing about the US, which other places don't have, is that little thing call freedom of..... Of course, mental midgets like little boy and his cohorts will always use it to retort against my complaints. And one of them even has the nerve to call me a "seventh grader" when I point out the vacuous nature of little boy's posts....ridiculous. In any case, all these insults are off topic.

I agree that so long as China continue to build in the SCS, it will come completely under Chinese control. no matter how many US destroyers sail through or how loud the little vietcongs in their pajamas or little filipino fishermen whine.

Yes because might equals right. I'm taking it because I'm the biggest in this yard.
That's a great way to run the world in 2016.

Plenty of little Chinese peasants also get screwed over by the Chinese government too. But that's ok also right?

Old 03-01-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Yes because might equals right. I'm taking it because I'm the biggest in this yard.
That's a great way to run the world in 2016.

Plenty of little Chinese peasants also get screwed over by the Chinese government too. But that's ok also right?
Yup. Never said then world was or is fair. The US sailed right by a Chinese island that China has held for thirty year because it thinks might makes right. The US, and before that, the British have been operating on that principle for the past 250 years. China is only now strong enough to push back. Where've you been?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:47 PM

12,334 posts, read 18,441,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
you will eventually have to accept that SCS to China is like the Caribbean's to the USA. SCS will largely fall under the control of China. The US will make some noise like it always does, but it will not fight against China for the sake of what, the Philippines and Vietnam?
The US perhaps doesn't have to. Everyone knows about the American Phase of the Vietnam war, not many know about the Chinese phase of fighting Vietnam in the late 70s. Hint - China got it's ass kicked.

Waiting for an intelligent, thought-out "OMG, LMAO, !?!!!" counter response from Pennywhatever her name is.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:19 PM

4,529 posts, read 3,111,651 times
Quote:
Never said then world was or is fair.
Just remember that when the CCP kidnaps you abroad and puts you in a labor camp for "rehabilitation" for your neurotic posts.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Just remember that when the CCP kidnaps you abroad and puts you in a labor camp for "rehabilitation" for your neurotic posts.
Yeah, thanks for your concern. But I would worry more about your precious vietcong capital Hanoi being overrunned by the PLA, or your so called vietcong navy with all those little imported Russian corvettes getting sunk off Haiphong harbor long before I might get kidnapped by the State Security Ministry goons.

By the way, CCP is a political party. It's the State Security Ministry that grabs people, genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or