U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 04:38 PM

12,359 posts, read 18,459,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Yeah, thanks for your concern. But I would worry more about your precious vietcong capital Hanoi being overrunned by the PLA, or your so called vietcong navy with all those little imported Russian corvettes getting sunk off Haiphong harbor long before I might get kidnapped by the State Security Ministry goons.

By the way, CCP is a political party. It's the State Security Ministry that grabs people, genius.
Talk about internet geniuses - "Vietcong" became obsolete as a term, ohhhh, about 40 years ago or so? Welcome to the 21st century.

And last time PLA made a play for Hanoi in 1979 they ran back across the border after 3 weeks with there tails between there legs and 25,000 dead Chinese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 06:49 PM

1,789 posts, read 1,454,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn2006 View Post
Reading pots from OP's makes me remembered some of my co-workers. Always bad mouths about this country, which opened its arms for them (all of them came from other countries, myself included). I had always wanted to say something like: "If you hate this country so much, why don't you get the f... out. There is the door for you. No body puts their gun over your head to make you stay".
I read several of the OPs other postings also.

Always anti-amercian

Always quick to defend China

Can't say I have met many (or any for that matter) US citizens born and raised in the US who spend so much time attacking the US and defending China.

Post about China and Japan....OP jumps in on China's side.

Post about US and China.....OP jumps in on China's side.

OP why don't you move to China if its so great. At least your posts would make more sense.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:23 PM

149 posts, read 137,698 times
Arrow Can't we just GET ALONG ?

Family moved out of Clinton ,OK in the 30s, Pacific Navy in the 40s & retiring in China (Taiwan). Life is great, attacking (letters) my Senator McCain trying to get back at Vietnam & China by TESTING UN laws of the sea in SCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenehaven View Post
Should China withdraw from the United Nations ?

Last edited by greenehaven; 03-02-2016 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: RE quote

Old 03-03-2016, 06:10 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,629,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Talk about internet geniuses - "Vietcong" became obsolete as a term, ohhhh, about 40 years ago or so? Welcome to the 21st century.

And last time PLA made a play for Hanoi in 1979 they ran back across the border after 3 weeks with there tails between there legs and 25,000 dead Chinese.
Well, I am pretty sure the pLA of today isn't the same one that was fighting in 1979. The vietcongs are welcome to try it out again.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I read several of the OPs other postings also.

Always anti-amercian

Always quick to defend China

Can't say I have met many (or any for that matter) US citizens born and raised in the US who spend so much time attacking the US and defending China.

Post about China and Japan....OP jumps in on China's side.

Post about US and China.....OP jumps in on China's side.

OP why don't you move to China if its so great. At least your posts would make more sense.
Classic genius analysis. "Why don't you leave if you don't like it..." That's usually the argument of a redneck peon who drives around with a US or Confederate flag on his truck. You need to get out more and meet better educated people. But thanks for the advice, nonetheless.

And by the way, I have complained plenty of time about China's cultural backwardness. It's not all soy sauce and roses, buddy.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:17 AM

4,342 posts, read 2,275,885 times
Quote:
Well, I am pretty sure the pLA of today isn't the same one that was fighting in 1979. The vietcongs are welcome to try it out again.
China is very conservative with the use of their military. Fortunately for everyone, the Chinese military is not as reactionary as you are.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:03 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,377,094 times
Quote:
The Chinese were the aggressors so the Vietnamese "trying it again" doesn't make a lot of sense.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
The Chinese were the aggressors so the Vietnamese "trying it again" doesn't make a lot of sense.
No, in the first war, the Chinese attacked out of "self defense", as Beijing liked to say. It was because the Viets persecuted many ethnic Chinese and ratchet up border incursions that China launched the 1979 border war. So my comment is that the vietcongs can do it again and see what happens to them this time...or they can try to attack one of the Chinese man-made islands, or even Woody island in the Paracel and see what happens to their so-called navy.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
China is very conservative with the use of their military. Fortunately for everyone, the Chinese military is not as reactionary as you are.
That's the problem. China is too conservative, and its military is now well armed but very poorly trained with absolutely no real fire experience. Those trainings that China stage are often very fake and do not really mirror real life battles. The US is in constant war somewhere and its military is always ready, and it is always testing out new weapons and new doctrines. This is a gigantic area of weakness for China.

And because the Chinese are so conservative with their military, little tinpot countries like the filipines and the viets are climbing all over Chinese islands, the Japanese still hold the Diaoyus and the US sails with impunity right into the 12 miles zones of Chinese islands right by China's doorstep.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:23 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,377,094 times
Quote:
No, in the first war, the Chinese attacked out of "self defense", as Beijing liked to say. It was because the Viets persecuted many ethnic Chinese and ratchet up border incursions that China launched the 1979 border war. So my comment is that the vietcongs can do it again and see what happens to them this time...or they can try to attack one of the Chinese man-made islands, or even Woody island in the Paracel and see what happens to their so-called navy.
Huh? The Chinese attacked because the Vietnamese had deposed their genocidal buddy Pol Pot in Cambodia. You really do drink the PRC kool aid don't you? Hopefully there will not be another war between the two countries, but if so, I'm sure you'll enjoy watching the footage from your armchair in your living room.

Last edited by xeric; 03-03-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or