U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 PM

4,683 posts, read 3,610,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The NK might not have love for China, and China definitely doesn't control it, I have no such illusion, however, it is a much smaller threat to China than to SK and the US. China seldom tries to criticize, antagonize or isolate NK, so I don't see why NK should view China as an enemy if China simply stays out of it.

You are right that Chinese are timid when it comes to international affairs, but I think that's smart. Their focus is the economy, not to police the world or expand territory unless it is crucial to national interest. Philippines and Vietnam, they are just small cats. Everyone knows without US support they can't do a thing.
Well, the US is going to be around for quite a long time, so the Chinese are going to be timid for quite a while too then. Pathetic. Chinese culture is very effeminate. All this personal relationship and ma ma hu hu way of doing things. No wonder the US and the West don't take China all that seriously. Russia, so much poorer than China, gets far more respect from the US and the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 09:32 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Well, the US is going to be around for quite a long time, so the Chinese are going to be timid for quite a while too then. Pathetic. Chinese culture is very effeminate. All this personal relationship and ma ma hu hu way of doing things. No wonder the US and the West don't take China all that seriously. Russia, so much poorer than China, gets far more respect from the US and the West.
Maybe the Chinese care more about improving living standard and jobs than what the west thinks? Does the west care how China thinks of them? It is the same way. Not everyone gives a damn.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Maybe the Chinese care more about improving living standard and jobs than what the west thinks? Does the west care how China thinks of them? It is the same way. Not everyone gives a damn.
Then I guess China will just have to accept American planes and ships sailing right up to China's doorstep and peeking anywhere along China's coast whenever it wants. And, viet and filipino coastguards chasing Chinese fishermen is ok because the US has their back.

If japan actually sank one of the Chinese coastguard ships in the terr waters of Dioayus, I am pretty sure China will do absolutely nothing.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:58 AM

5,587 posts, read 2,894,069 times
The Chinese government being nonconfrontational is a good thing. The last thing we need is a bunch of hothead leaders that will go to war over the slightest pretense. That was so 20th century.

Seriously, if more governments were as calm as the current Chinese regime, this world would be in less turmoil. Too bad their calm demeanor isn't rubbing off on that NK lunatic.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Chinese government being nonconfrontational is a good thing. The last thing we need is a bunch of hothead leaders that will go to war over the slightest pretense. That was so 20th century.

Seriously, if more governments were as calm as the current Chinese regime, this world would be in less turmoil. Too bad their calm demeanor isn't rubbing off on that NK lunatic.
This I agree with. If the US were to be less intrusive and less of a bully, the world would be a safer place. The SCS really isn't any of the US business. Freedom of navigation is never threatened by the Chinese, and more than 85% of the commerce transiting that area is for China itself.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:58 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Quote:
Then I guess China will just have to accept American planes and ships sailing right up to China's doorstep and peeking anywhere along China's coast whenever it wants. And, viet and filipino coastguards chasing Chinese fishermen is ok because the US has their back.

If japan actually sank one of the Chinese coastguard ships in the terr waters of Dioayus, I am pretty sure China will do absolutely nothing.
I think China would pick its fight. Being belligerent isn't going to solve problems. If the US has more money to squander on NK, then be my guest. Nothing prevents them from invading any country any way.

As to the South China Sea, my guess is China will eventually prevail and it is impossible for the US to go to war for that (to defend Vietnam or Philippines? come on.) SCS to China will be something like the Caribbean to the US.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:33 PM

892 posts, read 1,596,653 times
Quote:

What's so bad about an unstable NK antagonizing the US and its eunuchs, I am sorry, "allies"? NK should stay as it is, at least for China's interest.
NK has NO allies! There is no way NK should stay as it is in their current standings!

Those poor citizens outside of the capital, the non elite peasant ones are really suffering and sadly no one is there to save them. They are living in a country that is reminiscing to Cubans under Fidel Castro(so much worse though) and Hitler. They are dying of starvation and have not a inch of freedom. They have no access to food, yet Kim Jong un is getting fatter by the second.

What I wish China would do is stop accepting trade from them like agriculture, as NK is a big producer for China yet they give none of it to their people. Not even the opportunity to grow it.

Last edited by laina1980; 04-15-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Old 04-16-2016, 09:45 PM

915 posts, read 678,716 times
NK couldn't hit the US mainland for decades. I laught at their threats. They celebrate about stupid things like a lame missile launch that hits the water. They are 50 years behind the rest of the world in technology. Brainwashed people have no choice but to bow to that fat dear leader.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
NK couldn't hit the US mainland for decades. I laught at their threats. They celebrate about stupid things like a lame missile launch that hits the water. They are 50 years behind the rest of the world in technology. Brainwashed people have no choice but to bow to that fat dear leader.
Except that they can devastate Seoul and all of SK with their primitive weapons. Maybe even parts of Japan. NK missiles don't have to be really accurate. So long as they can get off the ground and fly in the right direction, they can pose a threat.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:04 AM

915 posts, read 678,716 times
Quote:
Except that they can devastate Seoul and all of SK with their primitive weapons. Maybe even parts of Japan. NK missiles don't have to be really accurate. So long as they can get off the ground and fly in the right direction, they can pose a threat.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia