U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 05:46 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,114,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Oh joy, another thread about a totally different topic that suddenly, inexplicitly, turns into a "I hate the USA" thread.
I swear we can start a thread about K-pop music and a few of our more creative members will figure out a way into turning into a "I hate the USA" or political topic.
Lol totally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:51 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,073,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Wow!

How about Truman, who was a Democrat, and who was the first US Prez to put the US in a war (Korea) without going to Congress for a declaration of war?

How about JFK, who was a Democrat and who got us into Vietnam, and LBJ, who was a Democrat and who made up the Gulf of Tonkin Incident to get us fighting in Vietnam?

So, Democrats got us into WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.

But, you cite Republican McKinley, who was not in favor of war against Spain.

And, as I have been arguing against the moronic moral equivalence that goes on around here, where some equate China's rise to power with the US rise, and say ignorantly that "China just wants to do what the US does", even in the great race to colonials the world, the US was only a bit player. The US never colonised anywhere near to the extent that the Europeans did, or the Soviets, or the Chinese, or the Japanese.

American imperialism? Give me a break. Go back to school.
I was just commenting on this post below:

Quote:
But, the Democrats have always had grand visions for the US and the world

that it may not be the Democrats that started this grandiose vision for the US.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 AM

1,424 posts, read 734,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
How Asians View Each Other | Pew Research Center

Uh, the Filipinos love Japan as well. Not sure, if you checked the latest polls but close to 80% of Filipinos have a positive view of Japan. The most anti-Japanese Asians are Koreans and Chinese, the rest don't really care about WWII atrocities.
The Filipinos are known to worship colonists. They are unique in Asia.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:10 AM

9,876 posts, read 6,609,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I'm not sure if I'd put it that way, but it's probably more accurate to say that Filipinos are very adaptable to different cultures and environments, thanks to their polyglot historical background, and often by necessity (many of them work overseas).

Old 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM

9,876 posts, read 6,609,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I'm glad China has oil!

As their demand lowers they'll be sustainable on their own.

I'd chase this.
I don't think their demand is going to lower, and China has been a net importer of energy for at least a couple of decades.

Yes, they are going after renewables in a big way, but it's going to take a long time before China is going to get off of fossil fuel-based energy, significantly. Car ownership is a big driver (pun intended) of this.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:16 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,073,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
that's below the gutter remark. positive view only means they have good relationship with them today.

we don't forget what happened in WWII but it doesn't mean we keep on hating them. the generation of today were different from the generation that started the war.

why don't you go to war with Japan if you really hate them? why do you accept their investments? you should not trade with them, break diplomatic relations if you truly hate them

Old 04-23-2016, 12:33 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,100,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I was just commenting ...

that it may not be the Democrats that started this grandiose vision for the US.
I didn't say that the Democrats started the vision. I only point out that they completely embrace that vision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or