U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 4,641,249 times
Reputation: 4323

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Its 2016, not 1616.
Which sane person still cares about religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Yea that does count against it a little. Shame its not more humanist or agnostic. It'd be in much better shape - especially the population growth.
I don't care about you anti-religion wierdos my point is it's ridiculous how much money a country like Israel gets compared to the Philippines. Israel is unique in the middle east and an ally, and the Philippines is unique in Asia, and an ally. The Philippines is more like the US than most countries in the world. There's millions of Filipino-Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2016, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Elysium
6,617 posts, read 3,665,019 times
Reputation: 4605
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't care about you anti-religion wierdos my point is it's ridiculous how much money a country like Israel gets compared to the Philippines. Israel is unique in the middle east and an ally, and the Philippines is unique in Asia, and an ally. The Philippines is more like the US than most countries in the world. There's millions of Filipino-Americans.
Well Indonesia is not always threatening to nuke the Philippines because the population became nominally Catholic after Islam spread that far south and east. Where as national leaders threaten to nuke Israel on a regular basis and the modern Israel was born out of an European nation's attempt to erase the nation and faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,574 posts, read 9,453,978 times
Reputation: 6749
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I just think the US could help the Philippines a little more. As much as I can't stand Duterte, he is right on that.
I thought Duterte didn't want any more help from the US.
He claims his hatred of the US came about as a result of an unusual incident.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/wo...erte.html?_r=0

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallel...trusts-the-u-s

He considers himself a socialist.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ck-obama-china
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,437 posts, read 12,464,926 times
Reputation: 4861
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't care about you anti-religion wierdos my point is it's ridiculous how much money a country like Israel gets compared to the Philippines. Israel is unique in the middle east and an ally, and the Philippines is unique in Asia, and an ally. The Philippines is more like the US than most countries in the world. There's millions of Filipino-Americans.
"People that don't believe in god are weirdos"

-Wanderlust76 (2016)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:10 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 4,641,249 times
Reputation: 4323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
"People that don't believe in god are weirdos"

-Wanderlust76 (2016)

Not believing in god and being anti-religion are two different things. Saying someone is insane because they are religious = Anti-religious person that probably has an agenda. Whether you like it or not much of the world still is and it does shape the world partially including the US. If you guys would have worded it differently I probably wouldn't have called you out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,790 posts, read 5,149,934 times
Reputation: 4596
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The Philippines is more like the US than most countries in the world. There's millions of Filipino-Americans.
In what ways are the Philippines and the US similar? There are millions of Chinese-Americans, Indian-Americans, Russian-Americans as well, are they all similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:37 AM
bg7
 
7,697 posts, read 8,197,589 times
Reputation: 15094
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't care about you anti-religion wierdos my point is it's ridiculous how much money a country like Israel gets compared to the Philippines. Israel is unique in the middle east and an ally, and the Philippines is unique in Asia, and an ally. The Philippines is more like the US than most countries in the world. There's millions of Filipino-Americans.



? Weirdos? Religions are ideologies.


Man-made ideologies, even if under the pretense of divine authority, are flawed. There isn't a single religion out there today that has the moral authority of, for example, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. They are variously homophobic, sexist, anti-dog, irresponsible regarding population growth etc etc. And all because of a childish promise of "everlasting" life in most cases.


Decisions in running a country should be not based on magical thinking. Here on earth, every theocracy and every country that leaves things "in God's hands" is a complete mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:39 AM
bg7
 
7,697 posts, read 8,197,589 times
Reputation: 15094
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Not believing in god and being anti-religion are two different things. Saying someone is insane because they are religious = Anti-religious person that probably has an agenda. Whether you like it or not much of the world still is and it does shape the world partially including the US. If you guys would have worded it differently I probably wouldn't have called you out.
A lot of people pretend they are, but are actually agnostic. They pretend due to social pressure from people like yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 4,641,249 times
Reputation: 4323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
In what ways are the Philippines and the US similar? There are millions of Chinese-Americans, Indian-Americans, Russian-Americans as well, are they all similar?
Those countries do not have a government like the US. The US historically favors countries like the Philippines that are completely free, a Democracy, good when it comes to human rights...things like that. Not to mention the Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country in the world and there's a lot of US companies in the Philippines.

Again, this is about Israel and the disproportionate amount of money the receive from the US. I just think it's disgusting how the US wastes so much time and money in the Middle East I'm pretty sick of it quite frankly. A guy like Duterte sees that, and basically just says why are we even allies with the US? Like I said I hate Duterte but he has a point in some ways.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-21-2016 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 09:57 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 4,641,249 times
Reputation: 4323
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
? Weirdos? Religions are ideologies.


Man-made ideologies, even if under the pretense of divine authority, are flawed. There isn't a single religion out there today that has the moral authority of, for example, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. They are variously homophobic, sexist, anti-dog, irresponsible regarding population growth etc etc. And all because of a childish promise of "everlasting" life in most cases.


Decisions in running a country should be not based on magical thinking. Here on earth, every theocracy and every country that leaves things "in God's hands" is a complete mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
A lot of people pretend they are, but are actually agnostic. They pretend due to social pressure from people like yourself.
Look dude my point was religion is another common bond between the people of the Philippines and the people of the US on top of everything else. It's one reason people from the two countries get along so well with each other. There's a sociological aspect to it.

Pretty hilarious you're taking my posts to go way off topic into your anti-religion sound bytes and speeches and totally miss the point. I could care less I don't even go to church.

If you hate religion so much you should be agreeing with me because in the grand scheme of things religion is partially one reason the US has always favored Israel so much.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 10-21-2016 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top