U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2016, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,517 posts, read 3,099,103 times
Reputation: 3363

Advertisements

Japan's mistakes were attacking the US and not securing oil supplies.

Japan was raping china literally. China had crap technology and was divided. Europe already raped china most of 19th century.

Japan is an aggressive island nation like britain. They were just too late to the game. China was already carved up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2016, 12:56 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
3,287 posts, read 1,613,257 times
Reputation: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Japan's mistakes were attacking the US and not securing oil supplies.
They had all the oil they needed, the NEI was a good supply of "light, sweet crude". They didn't count on not being able to get it back to Japan. This meant that their heavies had to hang out well south of Japan.
Quote:
Japan was raping china literally. China had crap technology and was divided. Europe already raped china most of 19th century.

Japan is an aggressive island nation like britain. They were just too late to the game. China was already carved up.
Japan signed the "Nine Power Treaty" at the Washington Naval Conference in 1924. If they had abided by it they would have had the same access to Chinese markets as any other country, the "open door policy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2016, 02:30 PM
 
Location: NYC
12,914 posts, read 8,748,070 times
Reputation: 14182
Japanese cannot fight any wars anymore. It has a negative population growth. It depends heavily on foreign resources and labors. The govt is afraid that at some breaking point there will be too many seniors and not enough young people to take care of them which is why they are looking at robotics.

The youth are too disenfranchised economically. Employment opportunities are still too limited. If you failed to enter a decent college, you job prospective in Japan is finished. You will be forced to work for a gig economy.

Japanese are a closed society, they don't trust other people and they dislike disorderly societies like China. They believe their invasion of China was out of divine rule. It was their destiny and duty to cleanse the land but instead of carrying it out. They simply raped the land of resources and got too lazy to strengthen their navy and military. With all powerful homogenous societies they don't believe in mixing their breed with others. Very few cross breeding between the Japanese and Chinese. It was prohibited.

All powerful empires require raping and crossbreeding in order to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2016, 02:36 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
3,287 posts, read 1,613,257 times
Reputation: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
They simply raped the land of resources and got too lazy to strengthen their navy and military.
That's just not right. The IJA and IJN vied for shares of the national budget and took what they got seriously. The odds were against them but their failure was not due to a lack of trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2016, 05:54 AM
 
208 posts, read 222,650 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Now Japan is a strange country, completely under the mercy of the US and largely hated by many of its neighbours (except Taiwan). It is wealthy but so what. It could enjoy the power and prestige the UK has now but it was not smart enough to make the right decision due to blind optimism and nationalism. And there is no way back because nobody in Asia truly trusts Japan.
I'm not sure why you claim that pretty much all of Asia hate Japan without providing any evidence . I think it's your own wishful thinking. Most of Asian countries have moved on from WW2 already and have friendly relationships with Japan. The GlobeScan survey that was conducted in 2005 shows that the most favourable publics are Indonesians and Filipinos, with very high majorities leaning positive (85% and 79%).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2016, 09:25 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
I'm not sure why you claim that pretty much all of Asia hate Japan without providing any evidence . I think it's your own wishful thinking. Most of Asian countries have moved on from WW2 already and have friendly relationships with Japan. The GlobeScan survey that was conducted in 2005 shows that the most favourable publics are Indonesians and Filipinos, with very high majorities leaning positive (85% and 79%).
Why did you say that I claim "pretty much all of Asia" when your quoted part clearly says "many of its neighbours"? And population wise, China, India and Korea is what percentage of Asia?


Of course most countries are friendly. Even China is "friendly" which Japan.


Filipinos? Why surprised? They need Japan, that's all. The Filipinos can feel however they want and doesn't matter to the world. They feel and do exactly the same way American ask them to feel and do.


I don't "wish" people hate Japan. I myself don't hate Japan. But Japan is doomed. It will always be a political dwarf no matter how rich it is. Get past WW2 already? Really? I hope it is that easy. I mean, how can those countries get past it when Japan itself didn't admit a lot of its heinous crimes yet? People in Asia may get past WWII 30 years after Europe completely forgets/get past what Nazi Germany did, whenever it happens. As far as I know, no German leader dare say "let's get past WWII", do they?


Of course those countries who were not affected by Japan elsewhere during WWI may have a positive view of Japan easily, based on pop culture and Japanese food, most likely. That kind of positive view based on ignorance is meaningless. I also have a positive view about Moldova or Iceland, wherever they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,774 posts, read 5,122,827 times
Reputation: 4566
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why did you say that I claim "pretty much all of Asia" when your quoted part clearly says "many of its neighbours"? And population wise, China, India and Korea is what percentage of Asia?


Of course most countries are friendly. Even China is "friendly" which Japan.


Filipinos? Why surprised? They need Japan, that's all. The Filipinos can feel however they want and doesn't matter to the world. They feel and do exactly the same way American ask them to feel and do.


I don't "wish" people hate Japan. I myself don't hate Japan. But Japan is doomed. It will always be a political dwarf no matter how rich it is. Get past WW2 already? Really? I hope it is that easy. I mean, how can those countries get past it when Japan itself didn't admit a lot of its heinous crimes yet? People in Asia may get past WWII 30 years after Europe completely forgets/get past what Nazi Germany did, whenever it happens. As far as I know, no German leader dare say "let's get past WWII", do they?


Of course those countries who were not affected by Japan elsewhere during WWI may have a positive view of Japan easily, based on pop culture and Japanese food, most likely. That kind of positive view based on ignorance is meaningless. I also have a positive view about Moldova or Iceland, wherever they are.
Sounds like you're just butthurt that Japan is far more popular than China is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2016, 01:06 PM
 
4,685 posts, read 3,614,137 times
Reputation: 7382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Sounds like you're just butthurt that Japan is far more popular than China is.
Who cares about popularity when it comes to countries? The US is pretty hated around the world outside certain places but it's still respected and listen to as a superpower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2016, 01:45 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Sounds like you're just butthurt that Japan is far more popular than China is.
I actually like Japan a lot, but not respect it that much. It is one of those pets of America, like Canada. I respect countries like Russia.


As to overall "popularity", who cares. Most people are ignorant if not stupid. Often such sentiment is not based on reason and understanding, but just vague stereotype or downright brainwashing. Most people's opinions are worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 08:53 AM
 
1,099 posts, read 1,669,514 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Filipinos? Why surprised? They need Japan, that's all. The Filipinos can feel however they want and doesn't matter to the world. They feel and do exactly the same way American ask them to feel and do.
No one gives a hoot what other countries feel about other countries. It doesn't matter to the rest of the world what most mainland Chinese think or feel. And FYI, Americans don't tell Filipinos what to feel. The Americans are not like the Communist Party of China or the Communist Party of North Korea that still have propaganda to encourage their citizens how to "feel" towards anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't "wish" people hate Japan. I myself don't hate Japan. But Japan is doomed. It will always be a political dwarf no matter how rich it is. Get past WW2 already? Really? I hope it is that easy. I mean, how can those countries get past it when Japan itself didn't admit a lot of its heinous crimes yet? People in Asia may get past WWII 30 years after Europe completely forgets/get past what Nazi Germany did, whenever it happens. As far as I know, no German leader dare say "let's get past WWII", do they?
No one is expecting to completely forget WWII. But the war has been over for more than 70 years now. Almost everyone who were adults at that time are now dead. And to blame a lot of the Japanese nowadays for what happened in WWII when they were not born yet or expect them to constantly apologize, is just ridiculous. Riots that target specific nationalities just because of some historical or political events should not be tolerated. More so when most victims haven't even been born yet when such events occurred or have completely nothing to do with politics. Nanjing suffered, Bataan suffered, so did Hiroshima and Nagasaki. A lot of the Japanese civilians were war victims themselves. No German leader says "let's get past WWII" because it is completely unnecessary. The Europeans have moved on. I know no one in Europe who says they are never going to buy a BMW because of WWII while I have heard of more than 3 Chinese (all born much later than WWII) who said they are never going to buy a Toyota because of WWII. But then these Chinese will gladly buy a Volkswagen, which I don't quite understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Of course those countries who were not affected by Japan elsewhere during WWI may have a positive view of Japan easily, based on pop culture and Japanese food, most likely. That kind of positive view based on ignorance is meaningless. I also have a positive view about Moldova or Iceland, wherever they are.
The Bataan Death March was among the worst incidents of WWII, so not sure which countries you are referring to. Are you saying that the people of Dalian are more ignorant compared to the people of Suzhou when there were no major incidents that happened there in the 2012 anti-Japan riots? Or it's just that Dalian needs Japan? Arguably, Dalian should not be ignorant of what happened in WWII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top