U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:29 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,198,872 times

Advertisements

Gay pride day? What would happen if they tried to have white pride day? Special laws to protect gays? Why can't we all live by the same laws? I've met more than a few, and "acceptance" wasn't enough...they demanded "approval" or you were quickly proclaimed to be a homophobe. As the Indonesian official stated in the article: "a form of modern warfare." Let's face it; they have an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 12:30 PM

399 posts, read 580,434 times
What do you expect? Islam hates and even kills gays. The religon of peace..hahahaha.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:20 PM

691 posts, read 919,872 times
I suspect that Indonesia is like Saudi Arabia it is an "open secret" as far as "gay'' is concerned...They view it as an act, not a social identity...like the statement made "Their are no gays in Iran" but MSM like in Brokeback Mountain..

Old 08-18-2016, 06:36 AM

14,735 posts, read 10,636,267 times
This thread is not about homosexual issues/controversies in general and any post that is will be deleted as off topic. If you want to engage in that debate you will need to do so in another forum such as P&OC or Great Debates. All posts must be about Indonesia's actions as described in the OP link.

I would prefer to keep this thread open but if it appears that keeping it on topic is too difficult I will close it.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:51 PM

83 posts, read 46,191 times
In Indonesia the death penalty only applies to terrorists and drugs, Indonesia is very different from Saudi Arabia. Republic is different from the Shari'a ...

Old 08-13-2017, 11:37 PM

481 posts, read 191,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
I suspect that Indonesia is like Saudi Arabia it is an "open secret" as far as "gay'' is concerned...They view it as an act, not a social identity...like the statement made "Their are no gays in Iran" but MSM like in Brokeback Mountain..
Not wanting to be like arab ,this does not fit our culture In Indonesia are gay too, but Always hide their true identity, sometimes we can all be deceived with a good body athletic or muscular.
true in Indonesia is gay forbidden because it is not in accordance with the customs of eastern and our religion.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lanesainty/...A7W#.kwXjqkLZX

http://beritacentercdn.beritacenter....522_110343.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/jowonews.com/wp-co...40%2C359&ssl=1

Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,180,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Granted I haven't been to Indonesia since around 2000-2002, but its doubtful it has changed much socially.

But throughout Java, I was surprised how many gay Indonesian males and/or transvestite Indonesian males, go into traditional meat-market types of bars/clubs (i.e. where straight guys try to meet women)....and those gay Indonesian males would consistently hit up those places to try their luck hitting on straight men.

As an aside, Muslims in the Arabic World are well-known for going for gay sex while not seeing themselves as gay. There is a reason that all the ladyboys in Thailand hang around all the streets in the Arabic areas of Bangkok. Straight muslims find that as an avenue for sexual release, regardless if they see themselves as gay or not, and they usually don't.

It's one of those 'Muslim' things. There are 'no gays' in a Muslim country, but they don't see gay sex as implying they are a gay person.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:15 AM

6,776 posts, read 5,128,008 times
There's no point advocating LGBT rights in Asia. These countries are never going to change. Gay people here should work their ass off, leave these Moderator cut: language as soon as possible, and never look back.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-18-2017 at 04:34 AM..

Old 08-14-2017, 01:33 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,180,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
There's no point advocating LGBT rights in Asia. These countries are never going to change. Gay people here should work their ass off, leave these as soon as possible, and never look back.
Well, anyone who has been to Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines...will see LGBT absolutely everywhere, way more than in most western countries.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-18-2017 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 08-14-2017, 03:45 AM

2,781 posts, read 1,016,942 times
That's disappointing if true, Indonesia has always been a much more moderate Muslim majority country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia