U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 04:59 AM

949 posts, read 610,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I have liked all Asian noodle soups I have ever tried (though I have not actually been to Asia so the versions I have had are either from restaurants - some more authentic than others) or homemade with as much authenticity as I can manage to find given a limited ingredient list available locally. I cannot however have soy and I don't care for really fatty meats and some organ meats so I avoid versions containing those.

As a child, Campbell's soups and the occasional homemade vegetable soup were the norm in my house. I am very jealous of those of you who grew up with the much more flavorful and probably more nutritious soups listed by so many of you above.

Perhaps for the better. LOL

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Although I do recall all those bits and bobs of organ meats and blood cakes as being quite tasty, I could not knowingly eat it now. Maybe liver, if it's chopped up fine in a spread or sausage mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Thank you! I'll have to try the other versions. The one I tried in Korea was unforgettably delicious.
Seemed like there was a whole 1/2 of a chicken in there, mixed with ginseng I think.
Sounds good. Vietnamese also have a chicken version using a whole chicken as well. The resultant broth is thus is very rich and flavorful. There is also a simple beef version using a small amount of ground beef. All good options if you don't want to go for the "fully loaded" chao long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 01:45 AM

55 posts, read 32,889 times
Rice noodles are popular in Southern China, HK, Taiwan and Southeast Asia but not in Korea and Japan.

Koreans and Japanese eat rice but seldom eat rice noodles.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:06 AM

43,534 posts, read 52,616,956 times
Trying to think of a noodle soup I don't like.

Failing...

Old 02-13-2017, 12:04 PM

47 posts, read 26,325 times
why my country is so closed. people outside dont know so much delicious noodles in China. countless kinds here. so upset, people focus on a small group in Asia.Hope My country be Opener, you guys will know more noodles in Asia. however, some people will say, i have been China, i have eaten many food there. So do you know Aneng noodle? Pianerchuan noodle? Gantiao noodle? Xiabaoshan Noodle? Regan Noodle? Aozhao Noodle? Korean Cold noodle?etc hundreds kinds. hope you guys can taste them. Becareful dont go to the restaurant which is too famous. just go to the one that has a good reputation( maybe youneed a native to help you)

Old 02-14-2017, 04:07 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times
I never understood why it is called noodble soup in English.

It is noodles at first, just with soup. It is not a type of soup.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM

22,102 posts, read 23,627,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I never understood why it is called noodble soup in English.

It is noodles at first, just with soup. It is not a type of soup.
People also say soup noodle. It's used pretty interchangeably.

What's your favorite type? Shanghai-style spicy pork noodle soup?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 435 times
yeah

Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

3,338 posts, read 2,073,907 times
misua

Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 PM

3,459 posts, read 937,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I have liked all Asian noodle soups I have ever tried (though I have not actually been to Asia so the versions I have had are either from restaurants - some more authentic than others) or homemade with as much authenticity as I can manage to find given a limited ingredient list available locally. I cannot however have soy and I don't care for really fatty meats and some organ meats so I avoid versions containing those.

As a child, Campbell's soups and the occasional homemade vegetable soup were the norm in my house. I am very jealous of those of you who grew up with the much more flavorful and probably more nutritious soups listed by so many of you above.
I grew up in Tokyo and ate packaged noodles all the time. lol Some are pretty good if you add veggies and egg.
Other times it was Ringer Hut noodles.

My favorite is probably chewy Udon noodles. I love Korean black bean noodles(Jajangmyeon) too. I also love spaghetti. lol We use to go to a wonderful Italian place.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:11 AM

2,585 posts, read 3,728,527 times
Eating real Japanese ramen for the first time in Tokyo was an almost religious experience for me. Looking for the little red lamp, walking inside, being greeted by the cook, choosing what I wanted from the ticket vending machine and giving it to the cook...it's a really unique experience.

I really like Thai noodle soup with red pork and cracklins (whatever they're called). First time I ever put sugar in soup. Really complex flavor.

I like Central Asian lagman. I prefer the dry version to the soup though. I also fry up yakisoba with tofu and egg at least once a week for breakfast.

Pho is always good but oddly enough I found the versions I've had in the States preferable to the ones I had in Ho Chi Minh City.

Noodles are arguably 50% of my diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or