Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:11 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I think Taiwan has some awesome climates with wonderfully lush subtropical vegetation most places people live... it's hot and humid in summer but most places I imagine have A/C which is helpful. At least that is how it was when I was in Hong Kong which I imagine isn't all that different from cities in Taiwan.
Kaohsiung is the best climate in Taiwan IMO.
Not trying to be a dick here but is there some kind of (false) advertising campaign on Taiwan's tourism that I'm not aware of?

Taiwan's climate is similar to Hong Kong's climate, which is ****. Period. Yes it doesn't rain that much in Kaohsiung but it's almost always extremely hot and the pollution is horrifying.

Awesome climates exist in Spain and Australia, not here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 04:19 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Not trying to be a dick here but is there some kind of (false) advertising campaign on Taiwan's tourism that I'm not aware of?

Taiwan's climate is similar to Hong Kong's climate, which is ****. Period. Yes it doesn't rain that much in Kaohsiung but it's almost always extremely hot and the pollution is horrifying.
Horrifying?

There are at least 577 more polluted cities in the world than Hong Kong according to the World Health Organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._concentration

People make it sound like China has the worst air quality in the world, when it is very far from the case.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Horrifying?

There are at least 577 more polluted cities in the world than Hong Kong according to the World Health Organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._concentration

People make it sound like China has the worst air quality in the world, when it is very far from the case.
I was talking about Kaohsiung, not Hong Kong, a city in Taiwan, not in China.

And the fact that there are a bunch of worse places does not mean that China isn't a polluted ****hole.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:25 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
I was talking about Kaohsiung, not Hong Kong, a city in Taiwan, not in China.

And the fact that there are a bunch of worse places does not mean that China isn't a polluted ****hole.
China is fairly average among developing countries when it comes to pollution and you were saying that Kaohsiung was similar to Hong Kong.

Many cities in places like Italy have worse pollution than Hong Kong. You havent provided evidence that Kaohsiung has worse air quality than Hong Kong either.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
China is fairly average among developing countries when it comes to pollution and you were saying that Kaohsiung was similar to Hong Kong.
That means that developing countries are generally polluted ****holes, if anything.

And I said Taiwan's climate is like Hong Kong's, overall, not specifically Kaohsiung's.

Quote:
Many cities in places like Italy have worse pollution than Hong Kong. You havent provided evidence that Kaohsiung has worse air quality than Hong Kong either.
That says more about Italy than Hong Kong.

Finally, I never claimed that Kaohsiung has worse air quality than Hong Kong.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:36 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
Kunming in China has paradise weather. 4 seasons without any extremes in rain, clouds, heat.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:52 AM

1,087 posts, read 781,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
See what you think after spending a winter in Harbin, Manchuria. Or the higher elevations in Tibet.
Here's a photo of city of Harbin in winter -- hardly tropical.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:53 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,071,739 times
The map in the original post, has at least 3 color shades which are not explained in the climate key.

The pea-green yellowish color (Shanghai, Hunan, and much of southeastern China) is not explained in the key

the bright-green color (small area in western Xinjiang, east of Kashmir) is not explained in the key

The forest-green color (parts of Yunnan, and southern Tibet) is not explained in the key

The cartographer needs to identify / explain what climate these 3 colors represent.

Last edited by slowlane3; 11-05-2016 at 12:02 PM..

Old 11-05-2016, 02:59 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,696,046 times
Quote:

Awesome climates exist in Spain and Australia, not here.
It's not from an advertising campaign. I just love warm and hot climates. I have been to Hong Kong before in summer no less and went walking through the parks there. I did get a bit dehydrated but that was my own fault because I didn't bring enough water with me. I imagine Taiwan to be similar.
As for the rain, who cares. I live in Vancouver afterall which is a very rainy city.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
It's not from an advertising campaign. I just love warm and hot climates. I have been to Hong Kong before in summer no less and went walking through the parks there. I did get a bit dehydrated but that was my own fault because I didn't bring enough water with me. I imagine Taiwan to be similar.
As for the rain, who cares. I live in Vancouver afterall which is a very rainy city.
Well if you like the heat then you'd probably enjoy it, I don't.

I think Taipei is just as rainy as Vancouver, if not more, which is really annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia