U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 06:14 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,611,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Gulf money and Wahabi ideology .
Gulf money, I'd say, are mostly remittances from overseas workers.

What influence does Wahabism have over Kerela state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 06:48 PM

4,513 posts, read 3,094,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Gulf money, I'd say, are mostly remittances from overseas workers.

What influence does Wahabism have over Kerela state?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Mohammed.html

Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 PM

4 posts, read 1,148 times
I foresee a complete change in another year or two. India would be on top over China.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:28 PM

519 posts, read 722,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Damn!!! I had absolutely no idea things were this bad. There is a shame of sorts that I know more about other cultures and happenings than in my own backyard. The assumption is Kerala is a paradise- the most literate state of India. But the underbelly is indeed a cesspool.

And yet, this just reaffirms my belief that India is a sinking ship. People are so proud of the profound history and culture but it has also messed up various facets of the system. Posters like DangerousBoy and ShankV are the ones I should get more opinion from.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:54 AM

4,513 posts, read 3,094,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Damn!!! I had absolutely no idea things were this bad. There is a shame of sorts that I know more about other cultures and happenings than in my own backyard. The assumption is Kerala is a paradise- the most literate state of India. But the underbelly is indeed a cesspool.

And yet, this just reaffirms my belief that India is a sinking ship. People are so proud of the profound history and culture but it has also messed up various facets of the system. Posters like DangerousBoy and ShankV are the ones I should get more opinion from.

you should be doing kalari and gatka

Old 02-09-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:

I am not a South Indian man. Those fighting techniques are awesome though

Old 02-09-2019, 08:26 AM

3,605 posts, read 1,556,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post

Again I wouldnt go to extreme and call them names rightaway. I am talking about long term potential where things could go wrong . Otherwise Kerala is still literate, clean and self sufficient. Similar to cow lynchings - they are happening - but thats not the only thing happening. To perform objective analysis, we need to focus on both good and bad.

Kashmir problem exists for 70 years, Maoists/Naxals existed but gradually slowing down, Khalistan supporters still exist . The government also blames foreign backing of sevaral political parties in Tamil Nadu. No one knows the truth though.

For example the current government banned Triple Talaq system which was welcomed by Muslim women ( and which is even banned in many Muslim majority countries ) , but opposed by Rahul Gandhi LOL.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:28 AM

3,605 posts, read 1,556,409 times
Quote:
And Kerala women are also beautiful.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:40 AM

1,089 posts, read 477,590 times
A big part of India's problems is it does not see own problems. Ganges river is a good example for India: non-Indians can easily see Ganges crowded with people swimming, inhaling polluted water floating with carcasses, feces is the state of India; Indians can only see Ganges as beautiful holy water.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
A big part of India's problems is it does not see own problems. Ganges river is a good example for India: non-Indians can easily see Ganges crowded with people swimming, inhaling polluted water floating with carcasses, feces is the state of India; Indians can only see Ganges as beautiful holy water.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or