U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 10:41 PM

6,780 posts, read 5,137,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
Why not? Aren't there a lot of expats living in Taiwan? I am sure many would love to move to Taiwan to experience new things and possibly for higher(as in value-for-money) quality of life.
Not really. At least not a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 04:39 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,105,638 times
Are you in Taipei, Greysholic?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 AM

Most of the time yes. Why?

Old 02-24-2017, 09:28 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,105,638 times
I'm here, too!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I'm here, too!

Old 02-25-2017, 01:42 AM

2,019 posts, read 1,205,567 times
Stalin and Mao both murdered many more than Hitler...but it is always Hitler that creates the uproar. Maybe it is the disproportionate amount of Jews in the media. I find the Che Guevera gear offensive...but you still see plenty of it.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:12 PM

146 posts, read 97,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Actually, how many students in the US or Europe know enough about Japanese atrocities against other asians, like Nanking etc? Why are there so many Japanese apologists for their actions during WWII and yet these same folks go nut ballistic when Asians don't seem to appreciate the historical significance of nazism?

I knew about it, but that's because I enjoyed reading about world history that wasn't exclusively American. That was not something they appreciated me bringing up, neither was the American concentration camps or the bombing of US citizens by its own government in Tulsa OK and Philly. I wasn't very popular with my history teachers.

But I agree...most people (especially in Western Areas) have a very myopic world view that their atrocities are the only ones that matter and should be known throughout the world.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:45 PM

6,730 posts, read 6,621,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Stalin and Mao both murdered many more than Hitler...but it is always Hitler that creates the uproar. Maybe it is the disproportionate amount of Jews in the media. I find the Che Guevera gear offensive...but you still see plenty of it.
No, Mao did not murder a lot of people. I am tired of rumors like that.

Yes, his bad policies caused a huge number of people to starve, but he did not order to kill them.
In fact, he did not even kill his political enemies directly. He used the "cultural revolution" to eliminate them.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:21 AM

1,809 posts, read 813,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Most Asians do not hate Germany, that is the reason.
If you want Asians to hate Germany, you need Europeans to hate Japan in return.

Sounds ridiculous,huh? It's too much to ask.

The only reason German Nazi got a worse rep than Japan or any other fascist regime is that Jews control all the important media in the U.S. Things would look much different if Chinese gained the control of media instead of Jews.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Jews, I don't hate Germany, I don't hate Japan.

History is just history. We have bigger threats than Nazi these days, I'm not saying Nazi isn't evil, but we have more important things to worry about. Look at ghettos in Paris and Londonistan!

Old 03-13-2017, 08:31 PM

957 posts, read 1,549,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
If you want Asians to hate Germany, you need Europeans to hate Japan in return.

Sounds ridiculous,huh? It's too much to ask.

The only reason German Nazi got a worse rep than Japan or any other fascist regime is that Jews control all the important media in the U.S. Things would look much different if Chinese gained the control of media instead of Jews.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Jews, I don't hate Germany, I don't hate Japan.

History is just history. We have bigger threats than Nazi these days, I'm not saying Nazi isn't evil, but we have more important things to worry about. Look at ghettos in Paris and Londonistan!
Don't forget the historical fact that massive numbers of Tibetans, Uyghurs, Mongolians, and so many other ethnic minorities were massacred by the Chinese on their way to conquest. Comparing the Chinese and Jews is just totally absurd. They just don't share the same boat at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or