U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:21 AM

36,484 posts, read 43,763,062 times

Advertisements

These people from North Korea try American BBQ and all the many available sauces for the first time. This is an interesting video to see the reactions, especially to the sauces. But what they say about life and food in North Korea reinforces what we already know. They have little food, rarely do they have meat and the people are good and kind. And apparently South Koreans waste a lot of food too.

North Koreans Try American BBQ, And Their Reactions Are Priceless | The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 AM

37,105 posts, read 45,622,935 times
That was fun to watch! I really want BBQ now.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:12 AM

5,939 posts, read 2,891,210 times
I loved it, thanks for posting.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:15 PM

3,567 posts, read 2,391,335 times
I watched and enjoyed it very much. One of my nephew's wives is from South Korea and I'm going to send her the video to get her perspective.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:27 PM

12,914 posts, read 8,744,614 times
South Koreans have so much wealth they practically eat BBQ every week but not North Koreans.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:25 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,987,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
These people from North Korea try American BBQ and all the many available sauces for the first time. This is an interesting video to see the reactions, especially to the sauces. But what they say about life and food in North Korea reinforces what we already know. They have little food, rarely do they have meat and the people are good and kind. And apparently South Koreans waste a lot of food too.

North Koreans Try American BBQ, And Their Reactions Are Priceless | The Huffington Post

That video, which was posted about a week ago, was a knock-off of the popular series of "Korean women try ..." YouTube videos that started about six months ago. While I won't claim that I have seen all of them, I think that the American BBQ was about the first American food that the Korean girls liked. (The pizza video came later.) For the record, most of the South Korean girls appear to be models and journalists and have mostly waif-ish figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWKOUxF-Dso

Old 01-18-2017, 09:26 AM

5,721 posts, read 4,624,680 times
^^ Nah they have normal figures they're only waifish if you put them next to big western women. BBQ is probably my favorite food next time I go to NYC which will probably be soon I have like 3 BBQ places I want to try.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:38 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,604,445 times
Those who escaped to South Korea probably do not represent North Koreans.
I am not saying they are bad or anything, but they are likely to say what westerners want to hear.

The Chinese political refugees have very different opinions about China from other Chinese immigrants too.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM

3,739 posts, read 3,850,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
That video, which was posted about a week ago, was a knock-off of the popular series of "Korean women try ..." YouTube videos that started about six months ago. While I won't claim that I have seen all of them, I think that the American BBQ was about the first American food that the Korean girls liked. (The pizza video came later.) For the record, most of the South Korean girls appear to be models and journalists and have mostly waif-ish figures.
Also for the record, American BBQ is easily available in Seoul (although not as widespread), and it is just as good as here in the US.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:22 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,260,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

not just in North Korea. Beef for example is very expensive in South Korea. Not that kind of stuff one can afford to eat on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or